Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid is mystified by it as well, says he will turn the script into Mora in the morning one day, and by that afternoon he will get fully pencilled and inked pages back.
    The man is some kind of robot, superhuman, or the physical manifestation of a universal constant. And we're damn lucky to have him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but it doesn't feel like it is smart to go back to KC plots again.
    Tom Taylor goes back to Injustice, Waid goes back to KC...

Maybe it is just me, but it doesn't feel like it is smart to go back to KC plots again.
    Im fine with it revisiting the universe if it after or before the event of KC as i don't want someone to basically have a fanfiction of how the main universe meet the KC counter part and be the totally better heroes and ""FIX"" the stoy by hijacking the plot (by extension smudging the story morals) just because Waid had some critisim given to him after the story was told

Tom Taylor goes back to Injustice, Waid goes back to KC...
    At least i can sympathize and like the characters in KC despite being flaw characters

can't say that about IJ

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #20
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by BJORN BARENDS
    1:25 variant cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    1:50 variant cover by DANIEL SAMPERE
    Embossed Foil Magog Helmet variant cover ($7.99 US)
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/17/23
    The return of Boy Thunder! To find and save Superman’s former protégé, the World’s Finest duo bridges the dimensional gulf between their world and an Earth with a jaded Superman, a broken Batman, and a war-hungry Wonder Woman—the world of Kingdom Come!
    Glad to get back to the Boy Thunder plot thread. While Waid is probably aiming to drive home that KC is a bad future and not what the heroes should be, he’s several decades late. Injustice has overshadowed KC at this point as the biggest Elseworld, and it has an even worse take on Superman and WW than whatever regrets Waid might have about their portrayal in KC. Only two things I’d like to see is Supes calling his counterpart out on throwing a tantrum and rage quitting over the public turning on him, and Batman calling out his counterpart for being an asshole fascist. KC Bats never gets called out like the rest do and that always bothered me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It is also a question if you can do that to a work that is way more popular than your current one. Maybe this arc will explode in sales, but if not then only a fraction of people who read KC will read this.

Incredible Member

Aside from having Dick talk and interact with Red Robin in the comic, I really hope Nightstar/Mar'i appears in this arc! I want to read him meeting his daughter, even more so in Dark Crisis: Big Bang #1 she appears and this comic was written by Waid, he remembers her

It is also a question if you can do that to a work that is way more popular than your current one. Maybe this arc will explode in sales, but if not then only a fraction of people who read KC will read this.
    Definitely won’t be as popular as KC was at its peak, but the Boy Thunder arc was the best arc thus far of the book for me and I’m excited to see it get a follow up. Waid has expressed mixed feelings on KC, a return to his most popular work now may prove interesting, and if it’s a flop it’s not like it will negatively impact KC itself. That work stands on its own.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It is also a question if you can do that to a work that is way more popular than your current one.
    If anyone gets to screw around in the sandbox it's the guy who built it.

But I don't see it as a big deal anyway. Kingdom Come is an evergreen classic that totally deserves the status; nothing DC has done in the floppies has changed that, and I doubt anything ever will. KC itself is unimpeachable. And DC's main canon has been tapping into KC as long as KC has existed, and nothing bad has happened other than some bad ideas and questionable writing, which we'd have gotten with or without KC.

Maybe this arc will explode in sales, but if not then only a fraction of people who read KC will read this.
    Eh, this arc might see a little spike, everybody's got a soft spot for KC. But it'll be a relatively small spike and it won't last long. Barely worth mentioning, I bet. Just like most other times DC borrows from KC. At least, I think that's what the sales have usually said (correct me if I'm wrong here). Maybe the fact that this is Waid and WF has been so good, maybe the spike will be a bit bigger than I expect, but it still probably won't be anything crazy. But WF doesn't have to sell like KC did, it just has to sell like WF. It'll be fine when the arc doesn't become an evergreen mega success, nothing has to live up to KC.

Also. Didn't even think about Dick meeting his daughter. Hell yeah, that needs to happen.

....is Waid a fan of Star Wars by chance? Teenaged Dick Grayson meeting a hot Tamaranean.....I hope real names are shared real fast, no need for a Luke-Leia moment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Batman / Superman: World’s Finest #18 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Travis Moore

AN easter egg to MAWS Jimmy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Together again...for the first time .
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    So I'm not the only one who noticed black Jimmy .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If Travis Moore is a "filler" artist, I think we're in a good place with this book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Tell us how you really feel Waid (from Voices from Krypton). Funny thing is Waid seems to like Jon, he’s praised Taylor as his favorite other Super writer, but he remains adamantly opposed to Jon existing. No way would he write a Superman ongoing set *now* which I’m fine with. After the Williamson/PKJ era my dream team would be Waid on Superman set back during the World’s Finest era where Clark isn’t married, and Tom King on Action set *now*.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Together again...for the first time .

So I'm not the only one who noticed black Jimmy .
    He even includes the pursue.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Hm Waid has been willing to incorporate concepts from the DCAU, would he extend the same courtesy to MAWS? Has he seen it? Probably wouldn’t like Lois and Jimmy knowing Clark’s secret that quickly. Or maybe Mora is the one willing to acknowledge it.