Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1130
    Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

It's pretty clever of Waid to actually use the Joker as a means to handle Lovecraftian like texts seeing as how his mind is already chaos incarnate. I'm looking forward to this issue. Also, not so shocking Joker's boxers are batman related.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #28

Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant covers by NATHAN SZERDY and FELIPE MASSAFERA
    1:25 variant cover by MATT TAYLOR
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/18/24
    Something is destroying the fifth dimension—and if an army of evil imps can obliterate all the joy and life from an entire reality, what chance do Superman and Batman stand against it? A multitude of DC guest stars—and their fifth-dimensional counterparts—join the World’s Finest duo in a last-ditch attempt to save Earth from the ultimate darkness!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Discount Mojo!?

I’ve loved almost every issue of this book but I’m not sure how much of the 5th dimensional imps I can take. They’re fun in small doses but can get annoying real fast.

4 issues or more of superheroes and their imp doppelgängers sounds painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ve loved almost every issue of this book but I’m not sure how much of the 5th dimensional imps I can take. They’re fun in small doses but can get annoying real fast.

That’s how I’m feeling. Especially since Waid has said he doesn’t want to make Mxy a “serious” threat, and he’s adamant that they need to keep the dumb gimmicks intact like the “you have to trick Mxy into saying his name backwards”. Alright we can go that route, but then I can’t see people staying engaged with a Mxy story for longer than an issue at most. The Imps are annoying fanboys, their schtick wears thin quickly. I’ve vastly preferred the Morrison New 52 and even the Snyder JL take on the Imps over Silver Age throwbacks. Like the Amazo arc I predict this will be another weak showing from Waid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It does look dumb fun.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I totally get that, but Morrison managed a strong JLA/JSA story around it so I'm willing to give Waid the benefit of the doubt.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The Lex/Joker teamup was funny. First time in eons where we actually saw a Joker who wasn’t operating in the Alan Moore mold.

Can’t imagine the Joker we’ve gotten since Scott Snyder doing something like this. Lex was… fine. Seen better from Waid with regards to Lex, which isn’t to knock what we get, it’s alright for a team up issue.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That was fun, Joker is actually funny here for once. Manages to capture him being a goofy nut along with being psycho which is rare nowadays.

As expected unlike Bats and Supes who can find friendship in their similarities, Lex and Joker's egotism will always drive one of the other to betray each other. Villains gonna villain.

Extraordinary Member

Batman / Superman: World’s Finest #26
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

5th Dimensional Imps are annoying...but they have lives too. And don't want to get on Batman's bad side.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman / Superman: World’s Finest #26
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

lol, that first page is pretty good.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Surprisingly enjoyable. Didn’t find the imps too annoying and Waid finally tackles another Superman villain in Parasite.

Thought Jamal Campbell had my favorite Parasite design but I might actually rate Mora’s even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thought Jamal Campbell had my favorite Parasite design but I might actually rate Mora’s even higher.
    I like how their Parasite designs are actually pretty in-line with each other.