Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I also got a good chuckle out of Batman being rather appalled that heroes would spy on other heroes.

And I love the way Mora draws faces. Both art and color in this book are spectacular.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I also got a good chuckle out of Batman being rather appalled that heroes would spy on other heroes.

And I love the way Mora draws faces. Both art and color in this book are spectacular.
    Well, this is pre-Jason so he's in a much better place...

This is probably my favorite batman, in look and character, and this IS superman, I'm so happy we have this book.

Dick and Kara are great, I love their banter
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, this is pre-Jason so he's in a much better place...
    Ah yes, it was a simpler time, a happier time. One in which he smiles. "It happens," as ably put by Robin.

Also loved Bruce's face when Clark was being operated on.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

Can't believe this is the same writter who wrote Kingdom Come Superman. How the mighty have fallen

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This is probably my favorite batman, in look and character, and this IS superman, I'm so happy we have this book.

Dick and Kara are great, I love their banter
    Everything in this book is great so far!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed this issue a lot more than the first two

Superman and Batman feel a bit more like characters (instead of statements) finally and I'm enjoying their relationship more (reminds me more of his JLA days). Supes "not believing in hell" was nice. The plot is moving and the twist at the end worked well and left me waiting for more. I also think Waid's balanced the Silver Age über-zaniness a bit better here. I still think Nezha himself falls a bit flat and that the exposition is a bit too much in places (I also would have prefered Robin and Supergirl to stay in the present instead of going into a little detour away from the good stuff), but at least I'm interested now in what Waid is doing.

Also, corrupted versions of Hal Jordan could form their own league at this point, given how common they are getting lol

NOTE: Does Diana have her clay origin back or is that just villain talk? They also mention it in her ongoing.
    Last edited by Zagre; 05-17-2022 at 05:04 AM.

BANNED

This is basically a Robin title, Waid's way more interested in him than either Bruce and Clark...and I get why, given the big push Dick is getting at DC to lead and mentor the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is basically a Robin title, Waid's way more interested in him than either Bruce and Clark...and I get why, given the big push Dick is getting at DC to lead and mentor the next generation.
    LOL. What are you talking about? Did you read the first two issues? I haven't read #3 yet but Robin is not the focus of #1 & #2. Hell Doom Patrol gets as much focus in #2 as Robin does. Even Billy Batson gets some screen time. Oh wait, then there's Kara too. This IS NOT a Robin title.

How old is Kara in this? The authors said Dick is like 17-18 and he and Kara had a thing, so I assume she's the same age

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofPride View Post
    How old is Kara in this? The authors said Dick is like 17-18 and he and Kara had a thing, so I assume she's the same age
    She looks 17-18 ish, maybe even 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks 17-18 ish, maybe even 16.
    Why do you say that or even 16?
    Is there any indication of her age

I have come with the idea than now we know why Supergirl never joined the Teen Titans: Robin didn't wanted her in the team.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Another great issue! Waid is nailing the banter/friendship between Batman and Supes. I loved the “Superman doesn’t believe in hell line.”

It’s always nice when an actual fan of Superman is writing the World’s Finest team up. Superman is given a great personality and is shown to be effective. I hate when he’s made to look like a naive idiot and gets shown up by the amazing all knowing Batman.

Getting to see the classic Doom Patrol again is always amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I have come with the idea than now we know why Supergirl never joined the Teen Titans: Robin didn't wanted her in the team.
    I’m glad Kara is teaming up with Robin in the side quest. She’s usually left out of Dick’s generation of heroes. All of them know each other and treat one another like family, but Kara is never included. I guess that initially falling out between her and Robin happened right as he was forming the Titans.

I do wish DC would reestablish the friendship of Supergirl and Batgirl.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-17-2022 at 05:55 PM.