Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why can't he just be fans of both?
    You can be a fan of both, but when you use one of them just to get to the other, you're no longer a fan of both, you're a fan of one of them.

He literally has a Superman BL book with Hitch coming NaVI. That means he’s writing a Superman mini and a Batman mini in addition to Batman/Superman which is fine. If Waid wanted a Bat book I’m sure he could have one, it’s not like DC is skimpy on the number of Bat books.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-21-2022 at 05:07 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He literally has a Superman BL book with Hitch coming NaVI. That means he’s writing a Superman mini and a Batman mini in addition to Batman/Superman which is fine. If Waid wanted a Bat book I’m sure he could have one, it’s not like DC is skimpy on the number of Bat books.
    Yeah, especially considering that every talent that walks in and asks for one is getting one. There's no way Mark Waid saying "I want a Batman limited series" doesn't end with him walking out with a green light.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    You can be a fan of both, but when you use one of them just to get to the other, you're no longer a fan of both, you're a fan of one of them.
    Are you not familiar with Waid? He's a big name writer who LOVES Superman, but also the DC universe as a whole, which also obviously includes Batman.

The fact that this will be a separate mini-series and not part of the main World's Finest series, means he didn't use Superman to get to Batman. Whatever that means.

spoilers:
    Williamson connects the Lazarus Pits to the Devil Nezha in Shadow War, wonder how long he and Waid have been coordinating? That he and Waid are working together does strengthen my belief that Waid will be taking over Robin, Williamson has built up a “demon” being connected to Lazarus over the course of his run, and now Waid is set up to resolve that plot thread.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    spoilers:
    Williamson connects the Lazarus Pits to the Devil Nezha in Shadow War, wonder how long he and Waid have been coordinating? That he and Waid are working together does strengthen my belief that Waid will be taking over Robin, Williamson has built up a “demon” being connected to Lazarus over the course of his run, and now Waid is set up to resolve that plot thread.
    end of spoilers
    I had the same thoughts.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Finally got around to reading issue 3, great stuff! Got some serious laughs from the Doom Patrol playing the old "who would you kill, sleep with, and marry" game. As expected Waid continues to excel with the character relationships and banter among all the subgroups: Superman and Batman; Robin and Supergirl; Doom Patrol. Especially loved the convo between Clark and Bruce when Supes is flying with Batman ("Why do I think I keep you around?"). Also loved when Kara dropped the I'm venerable to magic but I can still punch magic users line (regardless of the actual outcome, heh).

Shades of the Phantom Zone from Superman the Movie with the magic mirror (come to think of it, lots of magic going on in this story).

Also, liked the Batman 89 Batmobile and Batwing in the Cave.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #7
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    1:25 variant cover by PETE WOODS
    1:50 variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/20/22
    BRAND-NEW STORY ARC! The untold story of Superman's short-lived sidekick is at last revealed, but what secret connection to one of DC's most timeless tales does this story foreshadow? Only time will tell (that's a clue, folks). The next epic arc in the World's Finest saga begins here! INTRODUCING: BOY THUNDER!
    Really wonder what’s going to spin out of this second arc.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The symbol on his chest makes me think the kid is Kryptonian...

DC's new Superboy?

Incredible Member

Glad to see Mora back on art duties!

While not without its flaws, this book has "I do whatever I want" energy and I respect that (and I enjoy it a lot).

Part of me wishes this new Boy-Thunder is the Buddy Pine to Supes' Mr. Incredible. :P

The Boy-Thunder reminds me of this guy:b4e43be488fc873d33aca63df065caee.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #4 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

This Superman versus GL fight is going better than the New 52 one. Though I guess magic helps.

oh plz superman would beat the hell out of Hal, the only way he is doing this is MAGIC
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

Another banger issue.

Yosha!