Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Good use of Supergirl, Robin and the DOOM PATROL by Mark Waid. Also great portrayal of Bruce's and Clark's partnership and nice art by Mora.
    Robin focused epilogue next so probably more Kara. Not sure about Batman vs. Robin tho.
    When did they have Superman and Supergirl flying through time? Is that Silver Age stuff?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Good use of Supergirl, Robin and the DOOM PATROL by Mark Waid. Also great portrayal of Bruce's and Clark's partnership and nice art by Mora.
    Robin focused epilogue next so probably more Kara. Not sure about Batman vs. Robin tho.
    When did they have Superman and Supergirl flying through time? Is that Silver Age stuff?
    Silver Age and also iconically in the first Donner film as befitting Waid’s interest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #8
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    1:25 variant cover by TRAVIS MERCER
    1:50 variant cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/18/22
    "RECKLESS YOUTH" continues as Superman and Batman struggle to mentor the new Boy Thunder! The Key has drawn the World's Finest team into an impossible dilemma unlike any they've ever faced when the entire city of Metropolis goes into a deadly lockdown!
    Hey the Key’s back! I enjoyed how Thomas used him in his Man of Tomorrow issue, let’s see if Waid can match that level of quality.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Honestly that's a good question. I'm trying to remember if it might've been for Last Laugh or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly that's a good question. I'm trying to remember if it might've been for Last Laugh or something...
    Looks like he did a small origin retelling with Bolland but I think that’s it?

Oh yeah, he did a lot of those origin stories...

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World's Finest #6 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Travis Moore

Ah, Dick pulling a Back to the Future...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Why can't superman be in a circus way more often?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Why can't superman be in a circus way more often?
    Aren’t really a thing any more in the States and it’s not something that’s central to who he is like it is for Dick

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Aren’t really a thing any more in the States and it’s not something that’s central to who he is like it is for Dick
    I know that.and i disagree,it is the very design of these characters.Superman is an old character.unless you redesign him.

i prefer it being central to the character like dick...The stongman and the acrobat..Have it be time travel adventure or him being a alive as a kid or something..Heck!you could even have clark finding an old strongman suit of his great great grandfather hugo danner or read old pulpfiction adventures of doc savage.I want superman-the concept to have a context in story..Cause if i may he would be the first of his kind.Similar to how bruce's origin is harping on about zoro.

Ofcourse,this is my idea.People could try something different for giving context to superman..Anyways,my superman would probably won't be a superhero at all.At the end of the day he would more or less be a pulp fiction adventurer like character.But, that's irrelevant..you could do these thing i said above.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-14-2022 at 09:50 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Maybe Waid will tie this back to Superman...

Shame that Mora isn't doing this issue, but I suppose the man needs a break, and Moore is a quality choice for a fill-in.

Looking forward to it. This book has been a highlight, exactly the kind of retro flavored nostalgia I wanted to compliment the current "next phase" stuff happening in Action and SoKE.

And DickRobin has been amazing, between this, Lemire's Robin & Batman, and Yang's last Superman-Batman arc, we're getting a ton of DickRobin and I'm loving all of it. Glad he's getting a focus in this issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Shame that Mora isn't doing this issue, but I suppose the man needs a break, and Moore is a quality choice for a fill-in.

Looking forward to it. This book has been a highlight, exactly the kind of retro flavored nostalgia I wanted to compliment the current "next phase" stuff happening in Action and SoKE.

And DickRobin has been amazing, between this, Lemire's Robin & Batman, and Yang's last Superman-Batman arc, we're getting a ton of DickRobin and I'm loving all of it. Glad he's getting a focus in this issue.
    Indeed. Pretty fun stuff from Waid for sure! I also loved Yang's Robin in his book, especially when paired with Jimmy. Dream side project would be for Yang to have written a Dick/Jimmy spinning out from that series.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog