Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

More Doom Patrol coming it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I still wonder if is something than Waid had planned from before or it was done after seeing the positive response to the scene.
    Planned from before I expect. Waid plays the long game and scripts for future issues are written months before the issues we get arrive.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's so weird seeing stuff from a Grant Morrison Doom Patrol comic in a mainstream comic .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so weird seeing stuff from a Grant Morrison Doom Patrol comic in a mainstream comic .
    Morrison Doom Patrol got a live action show before LoSH or JSA did! It’s in the public eye at the moment, someone should step up and use them more. I’m glad Waid is because the DP are one team who don’t overlap at all with the JL, and should be one of DC’s mainstays.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't mind Waid's take on Dick and Kara. They have a cute dynamic so far and I'm looking forward to seeing their Infamous date.

Actually I also like seeing Dick & Kara having some interaction . Neither one is grim and gritty and both have good personalities. This is an interesting book set in the past while Dick was still Robin, it doesn't have all the baggage of current continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Morrison Doom Patrol got a live action show before LoSH or JSA did! It’s in the public eye at the moment, someone should step up and use them more. I’m glad Waid is because the DP are one team who don’t overlap at all with the JL, and should be one of DC’s mainstays.
    Waid with the deep cuts .

He and Morrison also got along well from what I remember so that might help.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given that Waid was Morrison's editor on that seminal Doom Patrol run, it's very appropriate that he's the one who is reminding people that all that stuff was set in the DCU. It wasn't until after Morrison left that the book was shunted off to Vertigo and became much lesser for it

Are we forgetting that there have been multiple series after Morrison's run ended and last one ended just two years ago? DC has never forgotten that Doom Patrol exists and that sometimes they can sell some comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that Waid was Morrison's editor on that seminal Doom Patrol run, it's very appropriate that he's the one who is reminding people that all that stuff was set in the DCU. It wasn't until after Morrison left that the book was shunted off to Vertigo and became much lesser for it
    Hah I didn’t remember he was Morrison’s editor for that! Shame he’s not writing the new DP book since I’ve enjoyed his take on them here.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Are we forgetting that there have been multiple series after Morrison's run ended and last one ended just two years ago? DC has never forgotten that Doom Patrol exists and that sometimes they can sell some comics.
    Way’s Doom Patrol took forever to wrap up with all the delays. Only DP run after Morrison that I see get a lot of love is Rachel Pollack’s, Byrne totally fucked them up and the runs that came after him (were there any?) don’t seem to have made any impact besides Way.

Hah I didn’t remember he was Morrison’s editor for that!
    Probably because he didn't edit many of them. Tom Peyer is usually mentioned as Morrison's DP editor.

Way’s Doom Patrol took forever to wrap up with all the delays. Only DP run after Morrison that I see get a lot of love is Rachel Pollack’s, Byrne totally fucked them up and the runs that came after him (were there any?) don’t seem to have made any impact besides Way.
    Giffen's run is generally liked, but unfortunately it hasn't been fully collected.

As for impact, sure, but how many Titans or Suicide Squad runs had an impact?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Probably because he didn't edit many of them. Tom Peyer is usually mentioned as Morrison's DP editor.

Giffen's run is generally liked, but unfortunately it hasn't been fully collected.

As for impact, sure, but how many Titans or Suicide Squad runs had an impact?
    Giffen and Clark's run was really cool. Too bad it didn't last. Byrne's version was an abomination and needs to be erased from DC history. I enjoyed Way's run but I was a little disappointed that we never got an ongoing for Geoff John's short lived New52 version. You know the one that with Element Woman on the team?

Yeah, you'd think that Doom Patrol would have been perfect for short-lived DCYou initiative.

How about a big Ol super family and bat family team up somewhere down the road.

Could even be without Clark and Bruce
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

I would definitely be down for that. Especially if Clark and Bruce weren't involved. Maybe the two families would be trying to find the missing Superman and Batman or something?

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I would definitely be down for that. Especially if Clark and Bruce weren't involved. Maybe the two families would be trying to find the missing Superman and Batman or something?

And drawn by Mora
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Other than Kara and Dick I’m not sure how attached to the rest of the families Waid is. He said his cutoff for characters he cares about is Firestorm.