Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

So Issue 13 rapid opinions

-Now i want to know what Fake Batgirl & Supergirl nega adventure was all about

-Never found Metamorpho interesting but but he giving way too much moon knight vibes with the whole Archeologist get assassinated in Egypt temple

-Had to look up who Quakemaster is and man this series really love to referencing forgotten d-c list villains which really just gives the world depth rather then defaulting to just saying "oh yeah got from Lexcorp"

-Batman doesn't like to be call Bats? Or is a "spidey" thing where he only allow his robins and close friends are allow to say it

-Jimmy really getting a good light on this issue really like it and............. I HATE jimmy heavy stories so great job Waid

-Nothing like some DC corporate warfare and honestly the fact that Stagg screw Wayne industries millions just over a tennis match should so Luthor that i wouldn't be surprise if he gave Stagg that idea

-Oh no Bruce Wayne getting arrested what would he do it not like this has ever happen no seriously how many times has Bruce Wayne been arrested in comics (also i really like the DCAU version of Bullock and Montoya is sporting)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm running out of superlatives to describe Waid & Mora's work on this book.

They aren't reinventing the wheel or anything, but they're consistently delivering the best mainstream superhero comic DC is publishing at the moment.

It’s kind of amazing that even with the solicits spoiling the basic plot beats, I still don’t have a clue what the hell is going on. How does Stagg being killed (likely a fakeout of course) connect to a new version of Amazo showing up? No clue but it keeps the book from becoming predictable.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ooooh its a Metamorpho story, nice.

I love when we focus on the lower-tier characters, this is good guest-star material.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

-Never found Metamorpho interesting but but he giving way too much moon knight vibes with the whole Archeologist get assassinated in Egypt temple

-Had to look up who Quakemaster is and man this series really love to referencing forgotten d-c list villains which really just gives the world depth rather then defaulting to just saying "oh yeah got from Lexcorp"

-Batman doesn't like to be call Bats? Or is a "spidey" thing where he only allow his robins and close friends are allow to say it

-Jimmy really getting a good light on this issue really like it and............. I HATE jimmy heavy stories so great job Waid

-Nothing like some DC corporate warfare and honestly the fact that Stagg screw Wayne industries millions just over a tennis match should so Luthor that i wouldn't be surprise if he gave Stagg that idea

-Oh no Bruce Wayne getting arrested what would he do it not like this has ever happen no seriously how many times has Bruce Wayne been arrested in comics (also i really like the DCAU version of Bullock and Montoya is sporting)
    I bet we get that story in issue 24, the same way we eventually saw Dick and Kara's date.

Well, it's what Joker calls him...

Spectacular Member

I thought it was a reference to World's Finest Comics 169, the Supergirl/Batgirl Plot, but there's no Jimmy Olsen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I bet we get that story in issue 24, the same way we eventually saw Dick and Kara's date.
    Waid loves seeding stories for later issues so it’s a safe bet he’ll circle back around to that before long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Among others, though I thought Joker’s favorite name for him was “Batsy”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post

I might be in the minority but , I would like to see Dick & Kara go on a 2nd date .
    This time have it work out somehow . It should be funny , but have them goes as civilians .
    Waid could plant seeds for the future .

"-Never found Metamorpho interesting but but he giving way too much moon knight vibes with the whole Archeologist get assassinated in Egypt temple"

I'm pretty sure Rex's origin and first appearance pre-dates Moon Knight's by a decade.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember wally west calling "yo! Bats!!" In dcau
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

https://www.comicsbeat.com/shazam-ma...ora-interview/

Grunenwald: It seems like you’re pulling in a lot of elements that just interest you. I don’t know you personally, but I feel like you love the Doom Patrol, and I feel like you really like Metamorpho, so it’s fun to see those sort of elements brought in. Maybe I shouldn’t ask this if the possibility arises, but are there other things that you have in mind that you’re excited to get to, or that you can’t wait to find a spot to use?

Waid: Oh my god, my wishlist is three pages long. My own personal wishlist to myself of villains I want to use, heroes that I want to use, combinations that I want to use. I want to see Perry White and Commissioner Gordon share a scene, and I want to see more Supergirl & Batgirl stuff. I still want to see Bizarro and Man-Bat together as a the World’s Unfinest team. There’s so much. If you could see the wishlist, you’d be both amazed and on Google trying to figure out who half these people are.

Grunenwald: The Supergirl & Batgirl bit from the beginning of World’s Finest #13 made me laugh so much.

Waid: Thank you. That was really there just because it’s on Dan’s list. Dan also has a wishlist of, ‘Here’s characters I would like to draw.’ Great, let’s put Batgirl in. Bat-Mite is the one I’m going to have the hardest time figuring out how to fit in the book, but I’ll get there eventually.

So next week Waid will be talking about his other DC projects. Guess we’re finally getting an official announcement for Testament, or that other secret book that Waid said would surprise people when it was announced.

We gonna hear about his Shazam? I want that book, but word is he's getting rid of the extended siblings and I'm surprisingly not happy about that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We gonna hear about his Shazam? I want that book, but word is he's getting rid of the extended siblings and I'm surprisingly not happy about that.
    Yeah he did a big interview about that with Mora, here you go.

He did indeed depower the rest of the Shazamily except Mary. He promises that he’s not exiling them, but that he wants to focus on Billy in a solo capacity to find his feet before focusing on the extended family.