Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

I was going through the preorders and I wasn't going to pick this up...but then I saw that that the Doom Patrol was going to be in it, so I came over here to see what the convo was. Okay, it's not the most recent DP--I believe the Gerard Way lineup was the last time we saw them?--it's the "classic" lineup? Which I guess for Waid would be Chief/Rita/Cliff/Larry. And this whole book is set in a nebulous past....okay.

The preview did not sell me on the book, it just feels lazy to use Ivy as the generic villain taken out in the opening pages. Ivy's a tweener now! Use somebody else!

...but I might be a sucker for that Artgerm cover anyway. Kara and Steph are WORLD'S FINEST! The best Batgirl and the, ummm, only Supergirl!

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    I was going through the preorders and I wasn't going to pick this up...but then I saw that that the Doom Patrol was going to be in it, so I came over here to see what the convo was. Okay, it's not the most recent DP--I believe the Gerard Way lineup was the last time we saw them?--it's the "classic" lineup? Which I guess for Waid would be Chief/Rita/Cliff/Larry. And this whole book is set in a nebulous past....okay.

The preview did not sell me on the book, it just feels lazy to use Ivy as the generic villain taken out in the opening pages. Ivy's a tweener now! Use somebody else!

...but I might be a sucker for that Artgerm cover anyway. Kara and Steph are WORLD'S FINEST! The best Batgirl and the, ummm, only Supergirl!
    I like seeing classic Ivy. And glad she's not in her New 52 costume.

Extraordinary Member

Issue #2 Cover

BANNED

in my previous comment I said that superman was the damsel in distress, but I said it as an exaggeration, but seeing what awaits us in number 2, it seems to make you whole. I guess issue 3 will see the classic story of the damsel falling in love with her hero.

The Doom Patrol .

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1050 is out next week.

All the covers are great.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #2
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by TIM SALE
    1:25 variant cover by PETE WOODS
    1:50 variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/19/22

The Man of Steel and the Dark Knight have arrived at the compound of Niles Caulder—the Chief in charge of that strange band of misfits known as the Doom Patrol—but all is not as it seems. While Batman works with Niles to cure Superman of his freakish transformations, a side mission to track a mysterious figure known as “the Demon” attracts the Dark Knight’s attention…and moreover, it could have some connection to Superman’s poisoning at the hands of Metallo! It’s danger, intrigue, and the surprise appearance of Deadman in chapter two of World’s Finest!
    That bit about Superman’s poisoning reminds me of the Metallo portion of the Superman 2000 pitch. Looks like that was a Mark Waid idea. In that pitch Metallo had a Red K heart instead of green, and it caused Superman all sort of hallucinations and transformations. Metallo was compared to Michael Meyers there, curious if Waid can make him feel menacing.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-21-2022 at 06:40 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Doom Patrol, Deadman, and Red K transformations? Okay .

First Waid Batman/Superman back up came out in Tec #1050 today. It was fine, great art. I was annoyed by Metallo monologuing instead of just killing Superman but given Metallo injects him with Red K and there’s a shot of an unknown backer j guess his goal wasn’t to kill Supes.

Guesses on who this is?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    First Waid Batman/Superman back up came out in Tec #1050 today. It was fine, great art. I was annoyed by Metallo monologuing instead of just killing Superman but given Metallo injects him with Red K and there’s a shot of an unknown backer j guess his goal wasn’t to kill Supes.

Guesses on who this is?
    My first guess was Magog but seems too demonic.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lord Satanus?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lord Satanus?
    Hmm. The shape made me think of the quantum universe baddie from JLA CLASSIFIED by Morrison and McGuinness

I would like to see how James Cameron would approach it anchored by solid script support

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Hmm. The shape made me think of the quantum universe baddie from JLA CLASSIFIED by Morrison and McGuinness
    Would be one hell of a deep cut as befitting Waid. He was writing JLA during the Morrison era, I could see him wanting to bring some characters back from that time.

Love the preview from a few pages back. The art is stunning imo, and Lois worrying about Clark Great to see Daily Planet again with Lois, Perry & Jimmy. I'm definitely excited for this series!