Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Batman wins, the comic is Batman-Superman.
    Leaving aside the nonsense of the covers,again Batman-Superman, since they do not understand that Batman's presence only serves to harm Superman, it is impossible to write a story of these two without minimizing Superman's power / ability / intelligence, better GA with Batman and Superman with GL.

This book is unexpected and I mean that in a very good way! I'm assuming this is Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne. I'll be buying this one!

Big appeal for me is hopefully Waid will do stories with the Superman Rogues who aren’t liable to get much attention from PKJ or Taylor. Toyman and the like, that’s who I’m rooting to get focused on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Leaving aside the nonsense of the covers,again Batman-Superman, since they do not understand that Batman's presence only serves to harm Superman, it is impossible to write a story of these two without minimizing Superman's power / ability / intelligence, better GA with Batman and Superman with GL.
    Chances are that will be much less of a potential issue considering who is writing it.

This will probably be one of the best World's Finest team ups that we've had in years (aside from Yang's).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I strongly doubt Waid is going to make Clark simp for a Bruce. I strongly suspect they're both going to be flippin' cool.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I kindly request that you all leave me alone with those alternate covers so that we might consumate our love for each other.

Thank you for your discretion.

Initially I was not very interested in this project, but those covers look great and Mora's art is amazing. Might have to change my mind.

Astonishing Member

Imo modern writers don't really get this relationship works. If your understanding of things is that they "SO TOTALLY DIFFERENT" then you don't get it, but we'll see.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I read the headline and rolled my eyes. Batman is my absolute favourite and even I'm a bit "there's too much Batman." Then I saw the covers and was delighted.

Bring! It! On!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

We can argue who's our favorite, or what in marketing terms makes more sense, but I figured whatever Superman/Batman book you decided to create, it should lean toward being more Superman-centric simply because Superman featuring Batman tends to be more interesting than Batman featuring Superman. At least, make it set more in Superman's world and feature Superman's villains. Since it's Waid as the writer, I'm guessing that's what we're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    We can argue who's our favorite, or what in marketing terms makes more sense, but I figured whatever Superman/Batman book you decided to create, it should lean toward being more Superman-centric simply because Superman featuring Batman tends to be more interesting than Batman featuring Superman. At least, make it set more in Superman's world and feature Superman's villains. Since it's Waid as the writer, I'm guessing that's what we're going to get.
    Perhaps but Waid has said he’s wanted to do more stories with Batman in a solo role. This book may be his last chance to touch on Batman’s world and cast. Frankly I wouldn’t mind a story where Superman goes up against the Joker or whatever in a way that doesn’t job him out or make him look stupid, and Waid is one of the few people I’d trust to write such a story.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

so what's the story behind the Seinfeld cover?

---

So is this going to be a more collegial team-up book or is it going to be steeped in a bunch of "What secrets are you keeping from us, Clark?/ What secrets are you keeping from us, Bruce?" sort of scenarios? sigh..

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's the story behind the Seinfeld cover?

---

So is this going to be a more collegial team-up book or is it going to be steeped in a bunch of "What secrets are you keeping from us, Clark?/ What secrets are you keeping from us, Bruce?" sort of scenarios? sigh..
    Seinfeld's favorite superhero is Superman. It's well-documented. He did a series of commercials in the 90s where he and Superman are palling around New York City and chatting it up as buds. He also has a show called Comedians and Cars Getting Coffee.

This cover is the nexus point of all those threads which proves he has only three wishes left.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I do wish that the book was actually titled "Superman / Batman" for that joke to land, siiigh.

Looking forward to see if Waid still has a great Superman story in him after all this time!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I stopped buying DC comics entirely in 2013. They just were not publishing books I enjoyed anymore. The first monthly book I bought since then is Adams Flash and I am loving it. This will be my 2nd monthly book. Its great to be excited about a couple DC comics again. Feels good.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!