Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

This is objectively the greatest comic book of all time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    This is objectively the greatest comic book of all time
    I agree, this is easily the best thing DC is putting out. Makes me wish DC had entirely rebooted after Death Metal. This is BND done right.

God I loved this, Superman and Batman fusing together because they united their willpower to get the ring off of Hal’s hand and the ring treated them as one entity? That’s exactly the kind of crazy feat I love in my cape books. Kara got a good showing as well, only question is what happened to poor Robin? No doubt he’s going to find a way to imprison Nezha that doesn’t require a sacrifice based on where he ends up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This series has a lot of Silver Age fun! Residual magic and the GL ring combined Superman and Batman into one being because will power and…reasons! This is one of those comics where you don’t try to dissect the events, you just sit back and enjoy the craziness.

I really liked the design for this version of composite Superman/Batman.

My solution for closing the tomb would be to grab Cliff’s brain and have the robot body to close it from the inside. Hopefully The Chief can remote control that thing.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman and batman did a fusion!!!nuff said!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World's Finest #5 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Ahhh hot-tempered Kara, I’m glad Waid has good taste (as in he aligns with my views ) about how Kara should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ahhh hot-tempered Kara, I’m glad Waid has good taste (as in he aligns with my views ) about how Kara should be.
    This feels better to me than New 52 Kara (it helps that she's emotionally distraught) .

BANNED

So now Superman is controlled thanks to Magic, it could be said that it is the 2nd time he is controlled, in 5n. If I were on DC Earth, I'd ask Superman to retire, it does more harm than good.

BANNED

Even if the writing hasn't been entertaining and classic, Dan Mora's art would be a source of joy just on its own. His covers and interiors for this series have been great. I love this latest cover, superheroes allowed to smile, including Batman. There was a time that DC management didn't want heroes to have happy lives or enjoy being heroes. It's refreshing to see that approach is gone, at least in this one book.

Supes saves the day using his brains and a little Kryptonian tech and Batman saves him because he notices something everyone else overlooked. Yeah against all odds Waid’s return to DC has been good! Great ending to this first arc.

Haha Cliff’s face when his punch actually landed.

Incredible Member

The Doom Patrol were the MVP of this first arc haha

Really liked this first arc, Waid really has a solid grasp on these characters and can't wait to see what he gives us. If I had a couple of complains is that Nezha is just kinda there and that the story could have used an issue more, this last issue felt a bit liek watching a tennis match of "oh, this happens, oh, wait no something else happens instead". Just a tad rushed.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I love this book so much.

Everyone involved seems to be having a ball.