Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Seinfeld's favorite superhero is Superman. It's well-documented. He did a series of commercials in the 90s where he and Superman are palling around New York City and chatting it up as buds. He also has a show called Comedians and Cars Getting Coffee.

This cover is the nexus point of all those threads which proves he has only three wishes left.
    For additional context, the commercials started off as a regular TV spot, but then they expanded them a bit a few years later.

Original commercial, I think:
    https://youtu.be/H9nzGTo_SyQ

Follow-ups:
    https://youtu.be/Ao-Lj2x-yRE
    https://youtu.be/dsNsWv3TapA

Also, Seinfeld placed various Superman references in the show. The best such reference was probably the entire Bizarro episode.

Seinfeld's favorite superhero is Superman. It's well-documented. He did a series of commercials in the 90s where he and Superman are palling around New York City and chatting it up as buds. He also has a show called Comedians and Cars Getting Coffee.

This cover is the nexus point of all those threads which proves he has only three wishes left.
    They also had Patrick Warburton voicing Supes, which was surreal .

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I do wish that the book was actually titled "Superman / Batman" for that joke to land, siiigh.

Looking forward to see if Waid still has a great Superman story in him after all this time!
    I would love if it was called "Batman / Superman" for the first issue and then "Superman / Batman" for the second and then "Batman / Superman" for the third and so on... Or if there were half of the covers with the "Batman / Superman" title and the other half with the "Superman / Batman" one...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    I would love if it was called "Batman / Superman" for the first issue and then "Superman / Batman" for the second and then "Batman / Superman" for the third and so on... Or if there were half of the covers with the "Batman / Superman" title and the other half with the "Superman / Batman" one...
    Heh, like Avengers/JLA or JLA/Avengers. 'Twas a nice compromise

Now I feel sad for George Perez...

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's the story behind the Seinfeld cover?

---

So is this going to be a more collegial team-up book or is it going to be steeped in a bunch of "What secrets are you keeping from us, Clark?/ What secrets are you keeping from us, Bruce?" sort of scenarios? sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    For additional context, the commercials started off as a regular TV spot, but then they expanded them a bit a few years later.

Original commercial, I think:
    https://youtu.be/H9nzGTo_SyQ

Follow-ups:
    https://youtu.be/Ao-Lj2x-yRE
    https://youtu.be/dsNsWv3TapA

Also, Seinfeld placed various Superman references in the show. The best such reference was probably the entire Bizarro episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They also had Patrick Warburton voicing Supes, which was surreal .
    There's also the rumor that there's a Superman reference in just about every episode (which I've found to be pretty true). For example, just about every time his apartment is shown, there's a shot of either his Superman statue on the bookcase and/or a magnet on his fridge.

And let's not forget about the "I choose not to run episode," where he finally races his high school track rival (did or did not get a head start ), set to the Superman the Movie theme. He also was dating a girl in that one who was named Lois, which he of course milked for all it was worth, including the final wink towards the camera.

tumblr_mifew5ubFK1rm4mpho1_1280.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

^ That's all true. There are various one off jokes throughout the series too-- Jerry and George argue whether Superman has Super Humour, Jerry's bank code is revealed to be Jor-El, George brings Elaine's injured boyfriend some Superman comics, when Jerry realises the girl he's dating never laughs he says "The jokes just bounce off her like Superman". It even goes down to Jerry's wardrobe aka he'll often be wearing some combo of red and blue in most episodes. Dude loves it.

And as of S&L's flachback episode, we now know Hoechlin's Supes is a Seinfeld fan, too.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    ^ That's all true. There are various one off jokes throughout the series too-- Jerry and George argue whether Superman has Super Humour, Jerry's bank code is revealed to be Jor-El, George brings Elaine's injured boyfriend some Superman comics, when Jerry realises the girl he's dating never laughs he says "The jokes just bounce off her like Superman". It even goes down to Jerry's wardrobe aka he'll often be wearing some combo of red and blue in most episodes. Dude loves it.

And as of S&L's flachback episode, we now know Hoechlin's Supes is a Seinfeld fan, too.
    Jerry, as perfectly summed up by George in one particular episode:

"His whole life is Superman and cereal."
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Extraordinary Member

A look at some interior art:

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Man I love Mora's art. The interior is just sweet!
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Jerry, as perfectly summed up by George in one particular episode:

"His whole life is Superman and cereal."
    Has anyone asked Seinfeld on his thoughts of BvS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A look at some interior art:

Loving this artwork. I'm nostalgic for some good Clark/Bruce/Dick team ups.

And a Poison Ivy that isn't a green plant person!

So is this in-continuity or just in a vague period of time in the past or just Waid going full-on Elseworlds with the retro aesthetic?

Not that I mind. It looks amazing .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm thinking it'd be something along the lines of... "what's the deal with BvS?!" In his trademark delivery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I'm thinking it'd be something along the lines of... "what's the deal with BvS?!" In his trademark delivery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this in-continuity or just in a vague period of time in the past or just Waid going full-on Elseworlds with the retro aesthetic?

Not that I mind. It looks amazing .
    I'd guess the latter? Regardless, between what this could be and Yang's recent run, good times abound for the World's Finest.