Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A look at some interior art:

I repeat... they dared to give pants to Robin!!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

This book will be my Festivus. With the Airing of Grievanaces being everything else published.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A look at some interior art:

Mora’s art is amazing, hope it brings out the best in Waid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this in-continuity or just in a vague period of time in the past or just Waid going full-on Elseworlds with the retro aesthetic?

Not that I mind. It looks amazing .
    In-continuity and set in the past. Let’s Waid play in the status quo he prefers (unmarried Clark with a secret identity) while still “mattering”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Jerry, as perfectly summed up by George in one particular episode:

"His whole life is Superman and cereal."
    Replace the word "cereal" with "pizza" and that's my whole life, too.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Replace the word "cereal" with "pizza" and that's my whole life, too.
    Livin' the dream either way
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's remarkable how well the classic Robin costume still works by just spay-painting Dick's bare legs green

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So this is what?world's finest comics-the return..Hopefully,the trio can ride a bike together.Oh! wait these two are too lazy...poor dick grayson..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's remarkable how well the classic Robin costume still works by just spay-painting Dick's bare legs green
    I thought it was black pants but they do look green there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was black pants but they do look green there.
    Think it’s just a very dark green
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Whether waid acknowledges it or not birthright like many other books handprints are there in man of steel.Just watch it if people want to see it.That's that.Waid's reservation of the whole thing comes from his attachment to silverage rules.I am not going to go through this limbo again.Me? I have niether.I am not attached to superman itself anymore.

This snyder doesn't read superman is false accusation to level at the guy
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-26-2021 at 09:23 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    -Waid told his editor to make sure this doesn’t end up being the “retro book” he wants this to be contemporary and not mired in nostalgia
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Thank you for bringing that up..I just didn't want to be the one to always be that guy
    Time for a superman wink.

I am looking forward to this..Cause there might be actual humor and adventure here.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-26-2021 at 08:26 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I allow myself one of these a year because otherwise it's cringe: shut up old man.

This book is more or less the embodiment of a lot of what I don't appreciate about DC and the people that work there now.

Not going to begrudge anyone for enjoying it, but I'm gonna pass super hard on it and probably even Waid's BL Superman book. Just doesn't sit right with me to support it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Other stuff I forgot:
    -He loves Supergirl’s updated Post Crisis origin where she was sent to take care of baby Kal but because of shenanigans ended up arriving years later than he did
    -He thinks Clark needs to know about Krypton because it’s an element of tragedy in Kal’s life. Waid sees Krypton as analogous to Earth but they prioritize science over morality whereas Earth is the reverse. Reiterates that in his ideal canon the Kents are dead
    -The big comic that first made Waid really “get” how writing works was the old Action #500 issue where Clark tells his life story and talks about how much finding Krypto meant to him because it meant he found another being who could fly. That really made Waid realize how important it is to get in the character’s head and figure out what they want.
    -Says he doesn’t have any other big Superman projects coming up yet, but he’s had talks and he certainly doesn’t have any trouble coming up with Superman ideas. My guess is DC wants to wait to see how his current projects are received before going all in on him.
    -Every character he does want to get keeps getting picked up by Tom King first such as Human Target and Adam Strange (says he’s a fan of King’s work)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Haven't read Birthright in a while or seen in MoS also (which I know Waid hates), what in that book do Snyder fans try to say influenced Snyder?
    They claim BvS Lex is an adaption of Birthright Lex.
    I allow myself one of these a year because otherwise it's cringe: shut up old man.

This book is more or less the embodiment of a lot of what I don't appreciate about DC and the people that work there now.

Not going to begrudge anyone for enjoying it, but I'm gonna pass super hard on it and probably even Waid's BL Superman book. Just doesn't sit right with me to support it.
    Should’ve told him to “eat it grandpa”

I dunno there are a ton of Batman BL books that are giving us takes on “classic” Batman while the mainline tries other stuff. I view this as an equivalent for Superman. Waid’s attempt to be “hip” with Champions sucked but his brief Dr. Strange run got good reviews. He might still have some spark left in him and I think he’s earned a shot off of his pedigree alone. If Jurgens can get another shot I think Waid is entitled to one as well, and we have young new bloods on Jon and Clark in the mainline. Plus Batman/Superman is usually just inconsequential side adventures, unless they were planning on turning this into a Jon/Jace book (and the most likely writer for that would’ve been Taylor who wouldn’t have done anything interesting with it anyway) having Waid tell adventures set in the past might still provide some benefit in spotlighting Clark’s Rogues in cool ways.