Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I love this book!

I'm not a fan of Kryptonite instantly immobilising Superman, I prefer it to work more like a slow poison that eats away at him rather than acting like flicking a switch, but it is really fun seeing Dick having to carry the big guy around.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dan Mora's Power Rangers fandom is showing .
    Go read his work on Brave and Bold today. He basically turned Batman into a Kamen Rider and i loved it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Go read his work on Brave and Bold today. He basically turned Batman into a Kamen Rider and i loved it.
    I saw the preview art with the bike and that does not surprise me .

I also remember that Urban Legends story that turned Batman One Million into a Kamen Rider with legacy form changes .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This continues to be amazing! I loved how although it's been pretty discrete, self contained stories they're all tied into this one. This is modern superhero comics done right.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I finally read the latest issue last night. This book continues to be one of the best books DC publishes right now. Heck I'd say it's in the top of their best ever. I love how casually Waid blends in guest stars in each issue. I also love how Waid/Mora have managed to modernize all of the characters without losing what was cool about them in the first place. I really hope Waid/Mora keep this run going for a very, very long time.

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #16 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #16 Preview

You had me at Barry !

You had me at Barry !
    Serious question, is this Waid's first opportunity to write Barry's Flash outside of JLA Year One? I wonder if his take will update as while that was a decent pre-Crisis Barry, it's a Barry I find pretty bland.

World's Finest is weirdly disappointing me with the rest of DC as I just want Waid to write all these characters' ongoings.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Serious question, is this Waid's first opportunity to write Barry's Flash outside of JLA Year One? I wonder if his take will update as while that was a decent pre-Crisis Barry, it's a Barry I find pretty bland.

World's Finest is weirdly disappointing me with the rest of DC as I just want Waid to write all these characters' ongoings.
    He also wrote Barry in the Brave and the Bold mini with Hal, though I'm not sure if that came before or after JLA Year One.

He also wrote Barry in the Brave and the Bold mini with Hal, though I'm not sure if that came before or after JLA Year One.
    It was after Year One

Another great issue! That splash page towards the end is everything. Waid and Mora continue to kill it with each new issue.

Ah, of course. I remember that being really good!

Sadly not included in the big Flash by Waid Omnibuses that grace my shelf. I'll have to find a copy.

Extraordinary Member

Batman / Superman: World’s Finest #17 Preview

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Book is going good. Bruce getting arrested earlier in the story was funny but it didn't add much.
    "Cable was right!"

Supers for the save! Almost...