Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default World's Finest #21

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I did not expect Gog to be in charge, that was definitely an interesting twist.
    I know, right? That's where a good story became a great story. We all probably had a general idea how this arc was going to go after David shocked Superman in the last issue: their attempt to rescue David will fail because he's fixated on blaming them for his pain, so they'll be forced to abandon him and he'll grow up to become Magog. A good story. But now everybody is worshipping Gog? What the heck? Now I have no idea where this is going, and it's wonderful.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    I know, right? That's where a good story became a great story. We all probably had a general idea how this arc was going to go after David shocked Superman in the last issue: their attempt to rescue David will fail because he's fixated on blaming them for his pain, so they'll be forced to abandon him and he'll grow up to become Magog. A good story. But now everybody is worshipping Gog? What the heck? Now I have no idea where this is going, and it's wonderful.
    Yeah, that is precisely where I thought the story was going and it seemed interesting enough but this just opened more possibilities which is a mark of truly great storytelling.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman fans won't like that Freeze Breath scene .

Extraordinary Member

Batman / Superman: World’s Finest #23 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

So much Magog lore...

This continues to be the best superhero book in the market by a country mile, and as good as it has been it's even better now as it's really defied my expectations on this story. I honestly thought it was a mistake to go back to the Kingdom Come well again thinking their couldn't possibly be any new material to mine there after the book itself and the further exploration we got in JSA...but this is fresh and new with out feeling like it's stepping on the toes of what came before. I love it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I need to catch up cuz the last book I read was that Riddler/Jax-Ur story.
    "Cable was right!"

While nowadays at Marvel, Thanos appears nearly every month in one comic or another, DC have managed to keep Darkseid as an Epic Final big boss and so this last page was amazing ! I couldn't help shouting "DARKSEID !!!!!" when I arrived at the last page !!

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default World's Finest #23

I actually said "oh ****" out loud when turning to the last page. Totally spontaneously.

They are in quite the pickle now. I'm loving this story! It's really cool how no one (Minus that last page!) has turned out to be totally evil. Even Gog is just really, horrifically misguided. I'm not even sure he's wrong about going to Valhalla. It's just that mind controlling other people to send them there is a terrible idea. The one thing they didn't address in their conversation/desperate battle was why he needs other people to go with him. But maybe if Gog did a Leeroy Jenkins and tried to solo Apokolips, even he wouldn't have enough power to qualify for a glorious death.

We shall see what happens next. It's awesome that I've got no clue. I mean, Darkseid murdering everyone and gaining the anti life equation is the most likely outcome, but between them two pairs of Supermen and Batmen won't let that happen. Somehow.

Extraordinary Member

Batman / Superman: World’s Finest 2024 Annual #1 Preview
    Writers: Mark Waid, Cullen Bunn, Stephanie Williams, Christopher Cantwell & Dennis Culver
    Artists: Edwin Galmon, Rosi Kampe, Jorge Fornes & Travis Mercer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Writers: Mark Waid, Cullen Bunn, Stephanie Williams, Christopher Cantwell & Dennis Culver

"There's a dark storm coming..."

I can barely contain my un-excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

So many 5th Dimensional Imps...

The Imp story was fun, but man those back ups were fantastic! I'd pay good money for a World's Finest Presents Anthology that was just like this annual with just great creative teams telling fun stories with underused heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The Imp story was fun, but man those back ups were fantastic! I'd pay good money for a World's Finest Presents Anthology that was just like this annual with just great creative teams telling fun stories with underused heroes.
    That does sound like a lot of fun!
    I've been hoping Waid would do a World's Finest: JLA series.