Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    If you haven't picked it up there was a backup in Detective Comics #1050.
    Ooh nice, thanks

Incredible Member

Is the entire series set in the past? Hoping so.

I love the cover for #1. Just to see Lois and the Daily Planet on the cover makes me smile. Then when I see all the others- well it's just my favorite characters from Superman & Batman. I can't wait for march!

Astonishing Member

Looks great! A return to the glory days of the World's Finest in the Silver/Bronze Age.

Makes me wonder if this was originally planned for the 5G reboot, and would have been set in the 'Generation 2' era of that, which roughly corresponded to Silver/Bronze Age continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Looks great! A return to the glory days of the World's Finest in the Silver/Bronze Age.

Makes me wonder if this was originally planned for the 5G reboot, and would have been set in the 'Generation 2' era of that, which roughly corresponded to Silver/Bronze Age continuity.
    I don't think Waid would have been developing anything when Didio was back in charge, but it's hard to gauge when they started phasing out 5G plans.

So glad Waid is back at DC. Dan Mora is a good artist too. Choosing the cover was tough, but I went with Fabok.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    So glad Waid is back at DC. Dan Mora is a good artist too. Choosing the cover was tough, but I went with Fabok.
    No shame in that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Waid would have been developing anything when Didio was back in charge, but it's hard to gauge when they started phasing out 5G plans.
    It might be that Didio had this series planned with different writer.

taking readers on a twisted time-travel tale of titanic tenure! In an attempt to get to the bottom of the mystery, Robin the Boy Wonder and the Supergirl of Krypton venture back in time to China circa 1600 B.C.—running headfirst into the ancient superheroes known as the House of Ji! Meanwhile, Superman and Batman are losing a race against time to save their fellow superheroes from the schemes of a new villain…one simply known as THE DEVIL NEZHA.
    Okay, I don't care that this isn't some game-changing, high-brow, comic...this sounds utterly amazing to me.

I've been out of the loop for much of the pandemic and just the past couple weeks have been getting back into comics. Just the other day I was rolling my eyes at all the Batbooks DC is putting out like there's no tomorrow. I count 30 if you include spinoff solos like Nightwing and Joker, and still 20some if you don't. Insane. I've only got Bat/Cat on my pull list. "That's all I need," I said. And yet...

I discovered Zdarsky will write the main book soon. Ooo, gotta get that! Oh, and King has another Batman miniseries starting up?! Gotta pull that. Arkham City: The Order of the World looks really interesting - guess I'll keep an eye out for the TPB. And now this, which looks like an absolute hoot and gives me vibes similar to Waid's Daredevil, which is near the top of my favorite Marvel runs ever. So they've suckered me in for five of the Batbooks.

There's one born every minute, as P.T. Barnum said.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I was under the impression that those slapping pictures were just some fan's photoshopped memes, but those are actual covers? Nice
    Best. Covers. Ever. I'm absolutely getting one of them if I can get my hands on it.

Fun article on the origins of that meme: https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020/...plained-comics

Astonishing Member

Interestingly, Dick as Robin teams up with Supergirl. Which means that either Supergirl's origins have been retconned again to move her back earlier in the timeline, or this is literally the Pre-Crisis Supergirl...which then raises the question of which earth/timeline is this series set in...

Leaving aside my earlier speculation about 5G, here's a new crazy idea - with all the talk about the Pre-Crisis Multiverse in the upcoming Dark Crisis, is there a chance that this is literally the Pre-Crisis version of all these characters?

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora