Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Was rather good. It read like a classic Excalibur book to me.

I love seeing the STRIKE characters back but would be more fun if they costumed up in their respective color analogs.

I do agree that the team characters should be used more. I'd love to see Gambit move out and Kurt move in.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Mighty Member

Sorry.. the Betsy/Rachel thing is so cringy to me. Like don’t make this happen. Her and Pete had good chemistry in the first few issues and then nothing. This whole book has nothing. So much explanation for the Saturnyne stealing the citadel. Of course Jamie can’t use his powers (yawn). Clan Akkaba has the power to destroy the lighthouse now that Morgan is with them? Morgan escaped, came to earth and that was it and now she’s with them. Would have been good to show that and maybe some plotting with them. I’m so over this Clan Akkaba having such influence in the government without seeing any other members in higher authority to help get that in into the government. So I guess anyone can just show up that hates mutants and have influence into the government.

So many misses in a series of misses. Book still jumping around. Glad the people that reviewed (link above) actually read what I read in this series.

This book was not very good. I was hoping at the end it would all come together but it really didn't and that's too bad because the premise of moving mutants from scifi/space into fantasy/magic was really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Was rather good. It read like a classic Excalibur book to me.

I love seeing the STRIKE characters back but would be more fun if they costumed up in their respective color analogs.

I do agree that the team characters should be used more. I'd love to see Gambit move out and Kurt move in.
    I'm hoping the STRIKE team will be involved with the rescue mission. It was great to see them again and I definitely want more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Someone pointed this out and helped me realize it…the hatred of mutants that happens wherever they go, the change of characters suddenly being anti-mutant when there were no hints in the past, a diverse, multi-ethnic dimensions full of a variety of different species seemingly hating one specific one for no reason, Howard has been hinting this entire time at the true villain, not just of Excalibur but of the X-line in general, the ultimate answer to why the marvel universe is seemingly populated entirely with bigots and no one else entirely. Sublime is back everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It also contracticts a story in New Mutants where one of the backround kids decides to beginn a new life in Otherworld, specifically beause nobody gives a damn there how he looks, what he is or expect him to be special, since Otherworld in that interpretation is so full of weird races, super powers and phenomena that mutants aren't sticking out more than others.

... Vita really seems to love to point out the issues with the mutant's exceptionality mentality in their run don't they?

Meanwhile in Excalibur the narrative seems to include an attempt to paint mutants in some kind of ultimate victimhood role where they are hated everywhere and by everyone, even magical beings of weird dimensions as if to create the viewpoint that they are the ultimate underdogs, the reader absolutely has to root for because they are so downtrodden regardless of where they are born or go. Which also contradicts how the reason for the hate is often given as jealousy because of how "great" mutants are now.

As if to say: "They hate us 'cause they ain't us"
    It doesn't contradict anything because Otherworld is not of one mind and one people. Merlyn and Arthur don't speak for all of Otherworld and neither do those Vampires that accepted that mutant.

Mighty Member

Does it look like Rachel is going to be joining the team for Knights of X considering she appeared this issue and the spoiler for K of X?

It looks like Shatterstar is going to join as well.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Does it look like Rachel is going to be joining the team for Knights of X considering she appeared this issue and the spoiler for K of X?

It looks like Shatterstar is going to join as well.
    I think so. This week's teaser also confirmed it (Rachel, Shattestar, and Bei).

Astonishing Member

Honestly on the Rachel-Betsy ship, I'll believe it when they actually pull the trigger on it, until then it's bait if they continue baiting it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I think so. This week's teaser also confirmed it (Rachel, Shattestar, and Bei).

I can understand why they picked Rachel because she was in the original Excalibur. Shatterstar is understandable because he is Rictor's boyfriend.

I wonder why they chose Bei? Isn't she Cypher's wife or is Inferno going to change the status quo?

Mighty Member

I’d like to see Betsy stop bouncing back and forth with the “I need validation/I’m unsure of myself” and “I have to do this” mentality. You’re Betsy Braddock for f’s sake. Go in and do the damn job. We have an army full of Betsy’s… between tp and tk they should be mopping up in these battles

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I can understand why they picked Rachel because she was in the original Excalibur. Shatterstar is understandable because he is Rictor's boyfriend.

I wonder why they chose Bei? Isn't she Cypher's wife or is Inferno going to change the status quo?
    Yes she's married to Cypher. Yes it sounds kinda random, like in the very first Excalibur issue when Jubilee joined because she was at the same place at the party? lol

Maybe Bei will have a chance to shine since she's a hardened warrior facing formidable opponents. Can't wait what her Doom Note actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’d like to see Betsy stop bouncing back and forth with the “I need validation/I’m unsure of myself” and “I have to do this” mentality. You’re Betsy Braddock for f’s sake. Go in and do the damn job. We have an army full of Betsy’s… between tp and tk they should be mopping up in these battles
    Damn right. Betsy should be like Captain Carter with a TK-enhanced upper lip and no patience for shilly-shallying.

I don't think it's unreasonable for mutants to be hated. Arakko fucked them up and conquered one of the realms. Merlyn supporters would hate them for siding with Saturnyne. Merlyn also said in issue 22, he feels Satyrnyne lets Excalibur do whatever they want. And here, Merlyn wants to get rid of them all because odds are, they're associated with Excalibur/Krakoa and could be a threat to Arthur's rule. Though that info page about Arthur was ???

Kind of eueugh that they're clearly going to ship Rachel and Betsy. Like maybe they had good interactions in the past, but they had like a couple pages in this volume of Excalibur, at best. They also hinted at Betsy/Pete, and I'm also eughghing with that for similar reasons, but at least they had more than one conversation in this book.

I had to laugh at Xavier saying that they needed Betsy's help with diplomacy, when it was her and her team that made things so tense in the first place. Yeah, I know Akkaba's been causing trouble. But the diplomat from the Hellfire Gala issue was completely right about Betsy.

Not a bad final issue. Hopefully KoX will stay firm and not get flaccid the longer we go.
    Last edited by Rift; 12-15-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly on the Rachel-Betsy ship, I'll believe it when they actually pull the trigger on it, until then it's bait if they continue baiting it.
    Yup, this was pure bait. I mean, both of them have one or more guys who were the big love of their life and they've barely spent any time together recently, so at least put the footwork in Marvel.