Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like how Tom King's run on Batman was apparently such a failure that they keep giving him bat-books to write.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I like how Tom King's run on Batman was apparently such a failure that they keep giving him bat-books to write.
    Well, critically it kind of nosedived and commercially sales were going down (and Tynion rising them back up is part of why he stayed longer than he did), but King's still a "prestige" comic name.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, critically it kind of nosedived and commercially sales were going down (and Tynion rising them back up is part of why he stayed longer than he did), but King's still a "prestige" comic name.
    I normally don't expect sales to be as high at issue #80 as they were at, say, issue #10. Tynion had the benefit of both being a new jumping on point, as well as introducing a ton of new characters that speculators bought up all the first issues off. Critically his run didn't exactly fare much better than King's.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Damn, I'm still far behind in Batman/Catwoman, so maybe I will trade wait. It will certainly look amazing. I don't know how straightforward this series will actually be. I remember an interview with Tom King, at the beginning of Rebirth, where he sold his Batman run as full action and fun, so this one maybe won't be just a heist comic.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I just hope this doesn't take two years to release.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You're awesome

On King: I'll buy since I'm collecting but I'll buy used because I'm not supporting his work outside of Vision and Mr Miracle

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You're awesome

On King: I'll buy since I'm collecting but I'll buy used because I'm not supporting his work outside of Vision and Mr Miracle
    *smooches*

Extraordinary Member

More covers:

By Kael Ngu

By Alex Garner

By Carlos D’Anda

Extraordinary Member

By Peach Momoko

Art and covers are on-point .

I'm glad Catwoman isn't exposing her armpits...and Riddler looks more normal.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Art and covers are on-point .

I'm glad Catwoman isn't exposing her armpits...and Riddler looks more normal.
    So, so over the armpit holes.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, so over the armpit holes.
    Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone that really loves or cares about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    . . . Surprised to see him writing another Bat book so soon as well, thought he’d be done after his run and B/C.
    When does Batman / Catwoman finally end?

Ok I also this sounded kinda blah (likely cause I like the more introspective / self reflective stuff) but after the post I can get behind it. I liked the short stories he and Bendis had done before so a mini of that style I think I’ll look forward to.