Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Did they all want to destroy the box? I think Sandman wanted the box to use it to get home. Goblin destroyed the box because he's chaotic. The others- maybe they thought by destroying the box, they wouldn't be able to be sent back home. But to me, Sandman just wanted to get back to his daughter.
    Electro definitely wanted to. Lizard....seriously, what the hell was he even there for in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    So, if those who knew Peter was SM were brought over to the MCU, we should have seen Kirsten Dunst's MJ appear, right? Or am I forgetting something? Who knows, maybe she was wandering around NYC the whole time before being sent back LOL
    Strange stopped the spell before everyone came over. The ones we saw are just those that slipped through.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was talking about this with a friend earlier. He believes knowing what happened to the healed villains after the conclusion of this film would make for a great episode for the second season of what if

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Strange stopped the spell before everyone came over. The ones we saw are just those that slipped through.
    Also you've got to think on how incompetent other Peters are in the multiverse that so many villains know their identity.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Considering there’s an infinite amount of multiverses out there I’m not sure that logic really holds up

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Considering there’s an infinite amount of multiverses out there I’m not sure that logic really holds up
    I guess, but when you think on it though, The live action Spider-Men's identities have been found out by almost all of their villains with the exception of Electro, so It's a very common constant in the multiverse from the sounds of things, or at least from the 3 universes we've observed as an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    So, if those who knew Peter was SM were brought over to the MCU, we should have seen Kirsten Dunst's MJ appear, right? Or am I forgetting something? Who knows, maybe she was wandering around NYC the whole time before being sent back LOL
    Only a few slipped through before Strange contained the spell. I guess her, harry, and Topher Grace Eddie Brock, Gwen and Captain Stacy could have all been wondering around. Though that becomes a lot more messy. There’s no fixing them and sending them back. These villains being fixed right before they’re deaths doesn’t save either of the Stacy’s I don’t think.

Yeah, I recall that now. Thanks, guys
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Thanks to this movie I'm seeing memes about how Raimi's Spider-Man is now retroactively the first MCU film lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Also you've got to think on how incompetent other Peters are in the multiverse that so many villains know their identity.
    Well, his mask gets taken off practically every damn film. Or it's ruined enough that you can clearly make out his face. In fact, I think the only movie that DIDN'T happen was The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but even then Harry Osborn learned who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Thanks to this movie I'm seeing memes about how Raimi's Spider-Man is now retroactively the first MCU film lol.
    And they're all wrong.

Spider-Man: 2002

Blade: 1998

Of course, if you wanted to, you could go all the way back to Spider-Man on the Electric Company, or those god-awful Captain America or Hulk TV movies. There was even a Dr. Strange movie in 1978. And don't forget about the original Iron Man!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, his mask gets taken off practically every damn film. Or it's ruined enough that you can clearly make out his face. In fact, I think the only movie that DIDN'T happen was The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but even then Harry Osborn learned who he was.

And they're all wrong.

Spider-Man: 2002

Blade: 1998

Of course, if you wanted to, you could go all the way back to Spider-Man on the Electric Company, or those god-awful Captain America or Hulk TV movies. There was even a Dr. Strange movie in 1978. And don't forget about the original Iron Man!
    We don't know if any of those exist in the MCU multiverse

Incredible Member

I had today off from work and decided to see NWH again and a couple of things I noticed:

- when Peter, MJ and Ned are going back to school among the protestors is some guy yelling at MJ but also wearing a shirt with MJ's face on it. (?)
    - the high school mural painting I noticed Howard Stark way back watching Homecoming but this time I also noticed Hank Pym and Dr. Abraham Erskine amongst them.
    - when Peter is washing off the green slime off his suit on the radio there is a guy saying what a bad idea is to add a Captain America shield onto the Statue of Liberty and at the end fight scene when the scaffolding falls both Spider-Man Green Goblin duke it out on the giant shield.
    - when Spider-Man goes into the woods searching for the others I thought it was weird his suit had wires and electronics just hanging off until I realized it was his suit that was stained with green slime just worn inside out.
    - the final look of Electro's suit reminded me a bit of Cyclops from X-Men 1990's look.
    - it appears it takes place during Christmas time as evidenced by the decorations where MJ works and Spidey swinging through Rockefeller Plaza so we can add this as a Christmas movie too? (probably won't stick but who knows).
    Last edited by Mace Dolex; 12-29-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Well, seeing how it was a precursor to the MCU in terms of tone and adaption process, it is kinda fitting that it's now officially tied to the MCU.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Just a little sad we didn't have multiple J. Jonah Jamesons, all played by JK Simmons, arguing about Spider-Man. It wouldn't have worked plot or story wise, but still.
    Sounds perfect.

Funny thing is that the deleted Mary Jane from Amazing 2 was also a waitress. You can actually very briefly see her I think in one of the Rhino scenes in an outfit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth