Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Strange told Peter that he would be included in the people who would forget about him. He shouldn't be safe.
    With the spell I am under the impression that every Spider-Man did previously in the MCU still happened ( Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame, Far From Home) with the tweak that no one knew Spider-Man’s identity. He definitely isn’t removed from the MCU but the movie places him in a more traditional Spider Man status. Broke, crappy apartment, homemade suit and tech, his identity hidden, and him just fighting street level crime in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm hoping for a Spider-Man and Daredevil team up next movie. I want to see those two finally work together on film
    I am hoping that happens in this upcoming trilogy of Spider Man films with Holland attached.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

4. The “you’re amazing” line that Tobey Parker said to Garfield Parker was very meta. Garfield didn’t deserve the hatred he got, he (just like Jaime Foxx) were wasted in the Amazing Spider-man series. Honestly, Sony should really, really be grateful to Marvel for revitalizing Spider-man via the MCU. The Amazing Spider-man series was on a downward trajectory and all Sony could think of was their “Sinister Six” crossover movie.
    I was hoping they would take that joke further. Garfield calling Tobey spectacular and Holland sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    They could, but I doubt they’d make her too similar to her comics counterpart(who was never that interesting a character to begin with). They’d definitely would be prompted to update and change her for adaption purposes. Also, I don’t think the ending automatically means they will do Gwen, especially since she’s already been done in the previous two iterations already, I think Marvel would rather go with something fresh for awhile, and I would agree as I’d rather see Peter with another love interest. I could see Black Cat being done in the next trilogy.
    Black Cat makes sense, just because you could spin her off, and it fits where Peter is at this moment.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Seeing them credit JMS, Coipel, Bendis, Slott, and co really, really, really warmed my heart.

The movie is basically a combination of:

Spider-verse
    The Night Gwen Stacy dead
    with a heavy dose of OMD/BND
    Yeah, I'm kind of over lip service. Did they get any cash?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

As someone who felt like Green Goblin was not, then best written villain in the first Rami film. It was so awesome seeing Dafoe give another great performance combined with (imo) better writing for Norman as a character.

Alfred Molina was fantastic here as well. He slipped right back into this role after 15 years so effortlessly.

In fact, the acting across the board was good to great.

I’m a tiny bit conflicted about the ending, but I admire the movie for letting there be actually consequences that stick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    With the spell I am under the impression that every Spider-Man did previously in the MCU still happened ( Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame, Far From Home) with the tweak that no one knew Spider-Man’s identity. He definitely isn’t removed from the MCU but the movie places him in a more traditional Spider Man status. Broke, crappy apartment, homemade suit and tech, his identity hidden, and him just fighting street level crime in NYC.
    That's the impression I got as well. It seems basically Peter Parker does not exist and he's building his "public" life from scratch. He even had a GED book when he moved to his apartment so his school records were also probably wiped.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie!

A couple nitpicks:
    1. This carries over from the previous film, no one in the MCU recognized Quentin Beck as a former Stark employee?
    2. Doctor Strange was really careless in trying to help Peter. He just goes about starting the spell without first explaining the impact to Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    $20 coupon to their favorite restaurant, probably.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Epic Movie but Disappointed with the lack of Venom.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

Also is anyone else doing a marathon of watching all the Spiderman movies to prep for this.
    I am doing on, so is Grace Randolph. This is a good idea because you will spot so many things you missed or took for granted in the Garfield and Maguire films.
    Yeah I've been doing that too, it's hard to believe the first Spider-Man turns twenty next year, I compare it a bit to the 22 year gap of the first Star Wars to when Episode I came out in 1999.

I even went back and watched the behind the scenes stuff on the Spider-Man Blu-ray for example the special done by E! is just a weird nostalgia trip.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I hope so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Yeah I've been doing that too, it's hard to believe the first Spider-Man turns twenty next year, I compare it a bit to the 22 year gap of the first Star Wars to when Episode I came out in 1999.

I even went back and watched the behind the scenes stuff on the Spider-Man Blu-ray for example the special done by E! is just a weird nostalgia trip.
    Another noticeable occurrence during my rewatch, d, Holland's Spiderman Aunt May, dies almost the same way Tobey and Andrew lost their Uncle Ben. hhhmm, also if I remember my Spiderman lore I think there was a what if aunt may had died instead of uncle ben comic, so i dont know if they borrowed from that comic or were just sticking to their nostalgia with some twist as they did with Andrew's Gwen and Holland's MJ
    Last edited by Castle; 12-19-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Well done, Marvel/Sony, well done.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm very curious to know how damage control went from a construction company that cleans up collateral damage to being a replacement for the FBI.

They're not a construction company. They are an organization that deals with cleaning up, collecting, storing and disposing artifacts related to superhumans, aliens and superhero battles.