Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Anyone else hoping that there will be some version of Gwen Stacy in the next Spidey film?
    I would.

I hope she doesn't get killed off though but I want Parker to end up with MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I can imagine a director like James Mangold watching this movie and getting cringe

Daredevil's cameo in this film was more of thing Marvel did to get cheers from fans
    -Make your fans happy
    -Make James Mangold happy

Sounds like Marvel made the right choice.

Anyone else hoping that there will be some version of Gwen Stacy in the next Spidey film?
    I really want to see a version of her and to have her live.

I really love the way it ended. Peter can be in his own little corner of the MCU and have a fresh start. It was cool to see all the Spidermen together. I love Garfield, and meh on Holland but I like him a lot more in this film. And as for Toby? great Peter bad Spiderman but I still liked seeing him here.

And since they talked about a black Spiderman why dont they introduce Miles in the next film? or find a way to get him into the MCU. They opened the door and I would hate to see them drop the ball. And it would not be hard to do.

And give me Hobgoblin and Agent Venom!

Hobgoblin would be cool. All of these villain came to the MCu but what if a guy got sucked to GG universe and found all of his stuff. Then when things got back to normal he came back to the MCU and had the Goblin Venom and designs and such for the Goblin gear.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-17-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Not particularly. I feel they wouldn’t want retread too much territory with his past love interests. That being said, if they do ever have a Gwen in this series. Expect her to get the MJ treatment and get radical reinvention. There approach to adapting these characters for these films tend to be a bit more out of the box than previous iterations. Personally I’d rather they leave the character be.
    I’d actually wonder if they would borrow a page out of the Ultimate comics and have him date Kitty Pryde in the MCU. That’d be fun and fresh as Peter would have a love interest who’s also a fellow superhero as well. That’d be a first.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really want to see a version of her and to have her live..
    If you’re looking for that the Raimi continuity did have a version of Gwen played Bryce Dallas Howard that did appear in Spider-Man 3 who did live.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-17-2021 at 06:09 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If you’re looking for that the Raimi continuity did have a version of Gwen played Bryce Dallas Howard that did appear in Spider-Man 3 who did live.
    Yea but I didnt care for that movie. I want A Gwen where Peter dates Gwen. Dont care if they stay together but have her live and have the two be friends. In the Rami version that Gwen just seemed to be there as a plot device to show what a jerk Peter was to MJ because of the black suit and all of that. She was never a legit love interest of friend.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Yea but I didnt care for that movie. I want A Gwen where Peter dates Gwen. Dont care if they stay together but have her live and have the two be friends. In the Rami version that Gwen just seemed to be there as a plot device to show what a jerk Peter was to MJ because of the black suit and all of that. She was never a legit love interest of friend.
    I don’t see them ever doing Gwen in the MCU, not without major changes like they did with MJ to the point she’s practically a original character.

- Charles Schultz.

And give me Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin would be cool. All of these villain came to the MCu but what if a guy got sucked to GG universe and found all of his stuff. Then when things got back to normal he came back to the MCU and had the Goblin Venom and designs and such for the Goblin gear.
    I stand to be corrected but didn’t it turn out Ned Leeds was Hobgoblin?
    I want to see more of Betty Brant

In the comics? That was just a fake out by the real Hobgolbin. Ned was brainwashed to do things by the real Hobgoblin.

Got to see this last night, and all I can say is, Marvel has done it again.

This is easily one of the best Spider-Man movies, and I rate it highly in the MCU too. The fact that they were creative enough to pull this film off successfully is mind boggling. For a long time Spider-Man 3 was criticized for being over-stuffed with too many villains, and then this comes along and has even more villains from different universes, and handles it all so amazingly.

I will say as a criticism, it was stupid of Tom's Peter to be so trusting of the villains. I understand he wanted to save them, but he knew how dangerous they all potentially were.

Otherwise, seeing this movie in with an audience was such an experience (only went to the movie theater once this year for Demon Slayer due to Covid). The reactions and cheering for Daredevil, Tobey and Andrew. It was great to be a part of.

On another note, the trailer for Multiverse of Madness has me hype.

This is why Marvel continues to remain on top.

Yes, as both a Marvel and Spider-Man fan, I am on cloud 9. This movie was everything I wanted it to be and then some. The crowd reactions for Toby and Andrew were amazing. Sadly, the sold out crowd I saw it with barely made a sound when Matt Murdock/ Daredevil made a cameo. I was one of the few who clapped and cheered. I was like “ you people didn’t watch the amazing Daredevil Netflix show? Shame”.

Willem Dafoe is the definitive Green Goblin/ Norman Osborn. It was also great seeing Alfred Molina again as Doc Ock. I will say the banter between the three Spider Men makes me wish we could get follow up movies with Toby and Andrew.

Some questions I have tho that weren’t really explained.

Sand Man and Lizard didn’t die fighting Spider Man as we saw them in their respective universes/ movies. I know Andrew’s Spider Man mentions that he became bitter after the death of Gwen and stopped pulling his punches. I am wonder if he had another encounter with Doc Connors as The Lizard sometime after Amazing Spider Man 2 where he killed the Lizard?

Sandman is never made clear why he got pulled in. He was on friendly terms with Spider Man but just randomly turns evil. He also never died, so it was weird.

Incredible Member

Anyone else notice that when Sandman turns back to Flint Marko they seemed to have recycled his reaction from the subway fight in Spider-Man 3? The same for when the Lizard is reverting back to Dr. Connors, I'm thinking due to Covid distancing their respective actors had only lent their voices for Sandman and Lizard.

Astonishing Member

You need Osborn in order for Hobgoblin to exist. It was Norman's resources that Kingsley stole and used to further his own interests. He brainwashed Ned because Ned had figured out his identity. Then he got the idea to have Ned stand in for him to be a convenient scapegoat in case someone else tried to figure out Kingsleys identity.

Ultimately, when a hit was placed on Hobgoblin's head, he just put Ned in his place. Killing him and discrediting him in the process. A bastard move, but Kingsley does shit like that. It's why he is my second favourite Spidey villain next to Norman.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yes, as both a Marvel and Spider-Man fan, I am on cloud 9. This movie was everything I wanted it to be and then some. The crowd reactions for Toby and Andrew were amazing. Sadly, the sold out crowd I saw it with barely made a sound when Matt Murdock/ Daredevil made a cameo. I was one of the few who clapped and cheered. I was like “ you people didn’t watch the amazing Daredevil Netflix show? Shame”.

Willem Dafoe is the definitive Green Goblin/ Norman Osborn. It was also great seeing Alfred Molina again as Doc Ock. I will say the banter between the three Spider Men makes me wish we could get follow up movies with Toby and Andrew.

Some questions I have tho that weren’t really explained.

Sand Man and Lizard didn’t die fighting Spider Man as we saw them in their respective universes/ movies. I know Andrew’s Spider Man mentions that he became bitter after the death of Gwen and stopped pulling his punches. I am wonder if he had another encounter with Doc Connors as The Lizard sometime after Amazing Spider Man 2 where he killed the Lizard?

Sandman is never made clear why he got pulled in. He was on friendly terms with Spider Man but just randomly turns evil. He also never died, so it was weird.
    You could argue Lizard essentially died once Connors was cured since Lizard ceased to exist afterwards. Sandman was pulled in because he knew Spider-man.

I don’t think it’s accurate to say he turned evil. Dude just wanted to go home and got fed up with it all once everything went to shit in Happy’s condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I don’t see them ever doing Gwen in the MCU, not without major changes like they did with MJ to the point she’s practically a original character.
    With how this movie ended they could totally introduce Gwen and she could be very similar to her comic origins. He could leave Zendaya’s MJ alone ( for now) and meet Gwen in college etc.