Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What Do You Want For The Next Era Of MCU Spider-Man?

With the release of No Way Home capping off the Homecoming trilogy, Holland has said that the character’s next trilogy would have to be vastly different than the last one which means that the next phase of the character’s MCU tenure will likely take on a new direction so can I ask what villains or characters, or ideas do you want to see in the next MCU Spider-Man trilogy or future appearances of Spider-Man in the MCU post-No Way Home?

For me:

- Johnny Storm and Peter as college roommates, and for them to team up.

- Daredevil/Spider-Man team up to fight Kingpin.

- A Spider-Man who’s much more careful about his secret identity.

- A Peter Who Works For Daily Bugle.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-19-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I don't know if we're doing spoilers, but to just be safe, I'll keep it vague, but a Spider-Man that is definitely more removed from the Iron Man connection, which if the end of the film is any indication, is where they're trending. Also some more maturity, which will come as Peter ages and they left him in a place where we'll get to see that maturity grow at the end of the film which I've been hoping for. With that out of the way, I think we're going to get some great Spider-Man content in the future, maybe the best we've ever seen.

spoilers:
    Also a brand new cast, though I wonder which characters we'll get. Could we get Gwen and even maybe Harry? Though with the Goblin stuff in NWH I'm not sure if they'll still do Harry, but it would be cool to see.
    end of spoilers

i wanna see black suit, kraven, Peter training Miles.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

More character development, more mature Peter (Holland is already moving into right direction), more local, grounded stories.
    College, of course.
    More interesting staff with the black suit. No Way Home leaves Peter in a pretty tough position, so, it would be more realistic, if in the next movie we'll see Peter more gloomy, angry and depressive, spoilers:
    mourning May, suffering from losing everyone and missing MJ.
    end of spoilers And that's going to be a pivotal moment for symbiote to show up, when Peter is more vulnerable, than ever.
    Team-ups with Daredevil and Human Torch.
    Kraven, Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Jackal, Chameleon, Scorpion.
    Keep MJ and Ned as supporting cast, or at least MJ.

My wishes:

- An independent, solo, Spider-Man who stands out on his own and doesn't need help or to rely so much on other heroes and can hold his own against them.

- More quips.

- A supporting cast that has a relationship with Peter that isn't defined by knowing he's Spider-Man because he can actually keep his secret identity this time around.

- Spider-Man fighting more street-level crime.

- Scaled-back tech.

- Black Cat.

- Spider-Man is a true presence and force for good in New York and not just another Avenger.

Symbiotes, Jackyl cloning the other Spider-Men, Kingpin

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    - Johnny Storm and Peter as college roommates, and for them to team up.
    For me as well. Holland can easily be made to look college-aged. Of course this all needs to synch to whatever Phase 4 plans Feige has for the the F4.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I would have him go to college. Get him a new cast. No Ned (Even though I like him) No MJ. Be a break from the last 3 and move in a new direction. Have him start at the Bugle. Put Glory Grant in there. Get some villains. Maybe tease the Kingpin for Daredevil, Mt Negative would be so great!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just want more good Spider-Man movies.

The MCU Spidey has exceeded the heights of the Maguire and Garfield Spideys, with none of the bad.

I do think it'll be interesting to see slightly different take on Spidey with Tom Holland. It seems like it's setting up something like the Raimi sequels or the Roger Stern comics, and I'm down for that.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 12-16-2021 at 08:46 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Kraven, Black Suit, Sinister Six, and Black Cat.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

The mob and the super criminal arms race would be one thing that has loads of potential in being something that’s bigger than random purse snatchers, but smaller than something that can cause a genocide.

A comic accurate Black Cat. (And none of that disconnected from Spider-man stuff like they did with a solo Venom. movie.)

A comic accurate black suit Spidey costume.

A team up with the X-Men at some point. Deadpool would also be fun.

More Jameson and maybe a new supporting cast. Spidey actually has a pretty diverse cast if you look past the high school years. Joe and Randy Robertson, Sha Shan, Phillip Chang, Glory Grant, White Tiger, Prowler, Rocket Racer, Tombstone and his daughter, Mr. Negative, White Dragon etc. There's really no need to race swap if they just have the gumption to pick a later era of Spider-man comics.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    A comic accurate Black Cat. (And none of that disconnected from Spider-man stuff like they did with a solo Venom. movie.)
    Oh yeah .
    A comic accurate black suit Spidey costume.
    Oh yea 2x.
    A team up with the X-Men at some point. Deadpool would also be fun.
    I would be amazed if Deadpool 3 doesn't make a Spider-Man reference.

Might just be me but I want to see Spidey school the X-Men Secret Wars style...
    More Jameson and maybe a new supporting cast. Spidey actually has a pretty diverse cast if you look past the high school years. Joe and Randy Robertson, Sha Shan, Phillip Chang, Glory Grant, White Tiger, Prowler, Rocket Racer, Tombstone and his daughter, Mr. Negative, White Dragon etc. There's really no need to race swap if they just have the gumption to pick a later era of Spider-man comics.
    It's time to do the Robertson family justice on-screen.

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

Johnny Storm as best friend, Black suit, Comic accurate Black cat, Red head MJ Watson, Team up with daredevil/deadpool

Astonishing Member

The ending definitely had a feel akin to the Raimi films. Say whatever you like about those films, but I loved the feel and tone they set. So some of that in future films would please this old bastard's nostalgic soul.

In saying that -

• A more mature Peter Parker. I don't mind him turning up the quips as Spidey, but I like Peter when he has depth and maturity. The hyperactive teenager who acts like he has had a case of Red Bull was wearing thin on me and I am glad that this film kicked off the transition from that phase of his life.

• A college setting. Not sure who they could bring in - maybe Gwen, Randy Robertson, Felicia Hardy (borrow from TAS for that one). I liked Ned, but I think his story is done now. Maybe MJ will pop up again? If Flash never turns up again I'd be over the moon.

• Have Peter work for Jameson in some capacity. You can update the photos from the comics and make it that Peter films his exploits as Spidey on his smart phone and sells it to Jameson's show. Maybe have Robbie be a producer for it. Any update just to get the Bugle gang into it.

• villains that are Spidey specific. No more twisting backstory so they have a grudge against some other avenger etc. Give me Kraven, Give me Spider-Slayers.

• Have the films centred in New York. Keep it grounded.

• Watts will be busy with F4. So, who could direct? Would love it if they got Raimi back. Guy is already working for Marvel. I want to see him do a Spidey film where Feige can keep Arad's influence at bay.