Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I want to see this Spiderman grow up and become a young adult and maybe become the leader of the Avengers i also want Zendaya MJ to change her hair color to Red since she is the MJ from the MCU world

With the strikes over, Tom Holland confirms that he's had conversations with Marvel but that he only wants to come back if it does justice to the character.

https://collider.com/tom-holland-spider-man-future/

After some major flops for the MCU (Secret Invasion, Quantumania, The Marvels) more Spider-Man content would be a way to right the ship.

But I can understand the need to be careful here, since the Spider-Man films have a pretty decent reputation compared to most of the stuff at Marvel.

The Guardians and Captain America were in consistently good films. They're the exceptions among the heroes that have been in a lot of movies.

Iron Man 2 was seen as a disappointment. Most of the Thor films aren't well-regarded. The third Antman did not meet the decent reputation of the first two.

If a new Spider-Man movie opens in 2025 with a decent box office and good reviews (80+% on Rotten Tomatoes) Marvel would be pleased. But they have to realize that there are no sure things.

I'm also curious how timing shaped things. There would be different conversation without the strikes or the MCU flops.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I honestly think Holland just wants to squeeze as much money as he can during contract negotiations. And I don't blame him in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I honestly think Holland just wants to squeeze as much money as he can during contract negotiations. And I don't blame him in the slightest.
    He's Peter Parker. He's got to make money .

Extraordinary Member

I didn't know this thread was here... good.

Okay, the one thing I really want to see for Peter himself is a Peter who's emotionally raw, stressed out, and lonely, and dealing with it by embracing the non-stop jokes, insults, and just verbal diarrhea during combat - and I'm talking on a level beyond that of the former all star MCU insult comic, Tony Stark. I want to see them emphasize the sheer pressure and pain of his current status quo after his initial one, and really test Holland's limits with extremes in behavior, even in stuff like Peter having to give JJ photos when a part of him blames JJ for what his life is like now, and having to keep a low profile in NYC in his civilian ID while stuck eating mostly just Ramen and old pizza.

I'm talking pulling up all his greatest hits, embracing how clever his "batting average" of jokes would be, and occasionally having him be downright mean to some criminals and villains... and really hitting that and maybe even trying to make that like his defining feature for most of his costume time. There's a way to use that "MCU Spider-Man is just Iron Man Jr!" accusation to actually put heavy emphasis on Peter as a separate character; a sort of "While Tony was a smart ass, he would eventually calm down because he'd end up heading back to his mansion and girlfriend/wife... when Peter's a smart ass, he's doing it under the existential pressure of maybe losing his crappy apartment to rent, so by God, if Screwball wants internet fame, he'll give her Internet fame by verbally destroying her so much she becomes a loser meme!"

And the whole time, just have the underlying subtext be a desperately lonely and sad young man sometimes just a minute or two away from crying...

...Then have and compassionate but confused and equally frustrated MJ show up and "stalk" him despite his best efforts because his suspicious behavior in her coffee shop, the oddness of her memory having some strange blank spots, and natural attraction to him (maybe even some jokes about his "making kicked puppy dog eyes" at her for being a stranger she doesn't know) lead her to investigate him in spite of his "Can't let her get close, or she'll be in danger decision." Maybe even have MJ cotton on to why he tries to avoid her and have her start poking at that somehow - like her making a production of telling him she left MIT and got into a job that sets off alarm bells for him... or just teases him in a more comic booky way... like revealing she's become an Instagram model and "innocently" wanting to show him her pictures just to get a rise out of the guy she's again 90% sure is Spider-Man.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 12-01-2023 at 04:36 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spider-Man 4 is trending on Twitter because of rumors that a script involves Daredevil and Antman.

https://twitter.com/KeiziTV/status/1735392691465376063
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Man 4 is trending on Twitter because of rumors that a script involves Daredevil and Antman.

https://twitter.com/KeiziTV/status/1735392691465376063
    Daredevil would be enough for the mandatory mcu hero role not sure why they need to add Ant-man to this film
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I remember there was a rumor, that it's planned as Devil Reign adaptation. Maybe it's actually a big team-up movie with Peter leading team of heroes against Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Daredevil would be enough for the mandatory mcu hero role not sure why they need to add Ant-man to this film
    I think it's for Ant-Man's rehabilitation after the fiasco that was Quantumania (sp?) rather than for Spider-Man reasons

I hope this means the story is street-level.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think it's for Ant-Man's rehabilitation after the fiasco that was Quantumania (sp?) rather than for Spider-Man reasons
    I actually liked Quantumania.
    (Thor: Love and Thunder is the only MCU film that I think just doesn't work. Even the Edward Norton Hulk film has its moments; and Iron Man 2, Thor: Dark World, and Spider-man: Homecoming are able to get away with weak scripts because Robert Downey Jr, and Hemsworth/Hiddleston, and Holland/Zendaya carry them.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's Peter Parker. He's got to make money .
    What a funny thing to say.

The character seems forced to almost always be poor, but the actor will definitely have his gold.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

hopefully dealing with the gangsters of the Marvel world, for once. I don't want any personal connections to the villains from now on. No former teachers, best buddy's parents, job mentors, etc.

more self created gadgets.

lots of winning fights.

meeting new girls.

I'm thinking the Death of Jean Dewolff would make sense for an adaptation.

It's a story that could work with the more grown-up Tom Holland Peter Parker after No Way Home, and it would be a Daredevil team-up.

A possible set-up.
    In Act 1, Spider-Man befriends young police officer Jean Dewolff and helps Daredevil take down the Kingpin.
    Then Jean is killed by the Sin-Eater, leading Spider-Man to seek revenge, and Daredevil to try to keep a younger superhero from going down a dark path.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets