Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I can't imagine a future MCU-Spidey film where Zendaya isn't around. (Though I suppose the real-life Tom Holland-Zendaya relationship, and where it goes, might end up factoring into that...)
    yeah that can happen or they can do other love interests. maybe they can finally do a proper Black Cat we got gwen and mj lets get Felicia
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

We need Felicia introduced. No more Gwen, no more MJ, no nothing. Bring on Black Cat and bring Scorpion out as the villain.

Spectacular Member

I would be ok with either Gwen or Felicia in the movies as the new romantic partner, I hope it's a Gwen who remains normal, never becoming Spider-Woman, if anything could be better make Spider-Gwen movie in an alternate world with the same actors of the main MCU, Tom and whoever becomes Gwen.

We definetly need Felicia in the MCU, becoming Black Cat, could be fun if she is a classmate of Peter.

Could be fun a love triangle for just a movie or two with Peter having to decide between Gwen or Felicia.

I hope for a Black Suit Spider-Man for a whole movie or two.

I want an MCU Norman Osborn, remaining as recurring character for a few movies and later becoming Green Goblin, maybe he can start as Iron Patriot or an agent of the government, and later create Oscorp.

I hope for villains in the next movies to be Kraven, Scorpion, Chameleon, Rhino, Hydro-Man, MCU Doc Ock, Lizard, Sandman, Electro, and a movie of Peter against the Sinister Six.

And I hope Peter doesn't needs to die to include Miles in the universe.

Fantastic Member

I think they should stave off from creating a new Goblin or Doc Ock, mainly because it'd be hard to top the portrayals in this movie. But people who are inspired by them and take on personas based of the villains we've seen in this movie would work. Hobgoblin or Demigoblin or even Jack O'Lantern are obvious choices. Especially given how it would hurt Peter.

Venom is a must, especially when you consider that the Symbiote could be used as an effective replacement for Peter's old suits, adding more pathos to the story if done right.

- MCU's versions of Harry and Norman, so Peter can be suspicious about them.
    - Avengers tower turned into Oscorp or FF house.
    - Peter working for the JJJ in the Daily Bugle.
    - Flash bulking up and joining the army, so he could later become Agent Venom.
    - As much as I'd love the proper MJ, now is the time for Felicia. But proper way, not some bootleg version like Venom without Spider-Man connection.
    - Peter and his gadgets, Marvel's Spider-Man style, without using Stark Tech.
    - Tom Hardy's Eddie variant is a must. The films are garbage but the casting is perfect.
    - The Black Suit. But done right, I was never a fan of Raimi's version. The one they never used looked better (without webs and all black).
    - This is probably impossible but I'd love to see Ben Reilly as the Scarlet Spider (the costume was already designed for Homecoming) and Kaine as a villain. Maybe now is too early, but the third trilogy could do something with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hopefully Johnny Storm and the rest of the F4 are the only other Marvel superheroes who turn up in the solo Spider-Man films for some time. I wonder if that's the plan anyway with Jon Watts also directing Fantastic Four?
    If they want to continue the tradition of MCU heroes showing up in Spider-Man movies (which let's face it, is the only real reason Sony needs the collaboration with Marvel Studios) I'd rather they stick to the street-level heroes. Spider-Man and Daredevil would be great, but also Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Iron Fist. That said, the Fantastic Four would be great...hell, maybe Spidey could be part of one of their films!

I'd rather they keep Spider-Man away from the core Avengers for a while though, to keep with the spirit of NWH's ending. Not that there are too many of the 'core Avengers' Peter really has (had?) a relationship with outside of the deceased Tony Stark. Hell, he technically hasn't even met the real Nick Fury!

That said, here's one of my ideas for how a fourth MCU Spider-Man movie could work (Note: Adding SPOILER tags since I just realized this spoils the ending of NWH

spoilers:
    It's about a year or so later, so 2025ish. Peter is now a student at the Empire State University. He works part-time at the Daily Bugle as a web-designer (a nod to USM), alongside Betty Brant (whom he remembers from school but she obviously doesn't remember him). They're tentatively starting to date, but Peter's heart still belongs to MJ (whom he keeps tabs on) so he's not sure if he can get involved with Betty. There's also a girl at college named Felicia Hardy who Peter has a thing for but doesn't act on it. Spider-Man is still viewed as a menace by most New Yorkers because of all the destruction caused the previous year and there are conspiracy theories going around that the world once knew Spider-Man's identity but the knowledge was taken from them.

The international super-spy known as the Chameleon assumes the identity of Spider-Man and breaks into a top-secret government facility to steal an experiment. In the process, he seriously injures and renders comatose an agent who was guarding the facility, who turns out to be Jameson's son, John Jameson. Spider-Man is now wanted the Most Wanted Man in America. Jameson, whose hatred of Spider-Man has now become personal, is determined to do whatever it takes to bring Spider-Man to justice. He's convinced by one of his friends, a discredited geneticist named Farley Stillwell, to bankroll some illicit experiments which will transform former gangster Mac Gargan into the Scorpion, who will capture Spider-Man (Stillwell is also the man whose genetic experiments, as we will learn, created the spider that bit Peter all those years ago).

Even as he's up against the entire city, including an Avenger or two (whoever is willing to guest-star), he finds an ally in Daredevil, who can sense that he's telling the truth. With Daredevil's help, he investigates the break-in and learns about the Chameleon, who is preparing to auction the experiment he took from the lab to the highest bidder (the bidders will include the likes of the Kingpin, representatives from HYDRA and the Ten Rings, and other familiar faces and organizations). Spider-Man breaks into the Chameleon's hideout and tries to secure the stolen goods in a bid to return them to the government and clear his name. But the Scorpion follows him there, causing chaos. In the midst of the fight, the Chameleon flees but the substance that he stole breaks free and turns out to be...the alien symbiote (left behind by Venom in the post-credit scene of NWH!) Peter is badly beaten by the Chameleon and barely escapes with his life, while the symbiote latches onto the Scorpion, transforming him.

Peter keeps a low profile as he recovers, with help from Matt Murdock (the two trust their identities to each other by this point). In the meantime, Scorpion breaks free from Jonah's control, and uses his newfound powers to return to his life of crime, taking down other Mob bosses and trying to install himself as the new king of the NYC underworld. Peter, while at the Bugle, notices Jameson and Stillwell having a covert meeting, and realizes that something is up (since he recognizes Stillwell from the day he himself got his powers). While investigating Stillwell's illicit genetics lab, he encounters the Black Cat, and has a rooftop fight with her. Black Cat reveals that she too is interested in Stillwell since she was experimented on by him as well. Scorpion shows up to coerce Stillwell into analyzing the symbiote and they learn about its alien origins, while Spidey and Black Cat are secretly observing the meeting. Scorpion detects them and attacks, and the duo manage to just about get away with Daredevil's help.

Stillwell is arrested, but Peter sneaks into jail to talk to him. The scientist, who now wants Mac Gargan of the streets, admits that the one thing which could possibly weaken the symbiote is supersonic sounds. Spider-Man lures the Scorpion to a final fight, with the help of Black Cat and Daredevil, where he uses supersonic sounds from a device to separate the symbiote from Gargan. The symbiote then bonds with Peter, giving him the iconic black suit, and with his newfound power, he is easily able to defeat the Scorpion.

In the aftermath, Spider-Man, using his new enhanced power and senses, is able to track down the Chameleon and bring him to justice, clearing his name. Jameson is in trouble as evidence emerges of his possible links to Stillwell and the Scorpion, but on the plus side his son is on the mend. Peter 'breaks up' with Betty, but as Spider-Man he's starting a relationship of sorts with Black Cat, who digs his new suit and the power and confidence it gives him. A post-credits scene shows someone studying footage of the Green Goblin from NWH, and working on his own suit and equipment, with the last shot being a Hobgoblin mask...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by bat39; 12-19-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Spectacular Member

More mature Spider-Man, Mr. Negative (link to May and FEAST), Kraven and possibly the black suit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I just want more good Spider-Man movies.

The MCU Spidey has exceeded the heights of the Maguire and Garfield Spideys, with none of the bad.

I do think it'll be interesting to see slightly different take on Spidey with Tom Holland. It seems like it's setting up something like the Raimi sequels or the Roger Stern comics, and I'm down for that.
    Same here.

I just want more good movies.

The end of this trilogy has set-up Parker perfectly for the next series of movies. There’s a number of different directions they could take the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

That said, here's one of my ideas for how a fourth MCU Spider-Man movie could work
    That sounds like an action movie without any purpose. It's the usual a villain wants to do bad and Peter has to stop him. Where's the thematic journey? Where's the human interest charming character stuff, rather than just drama

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think NWH does open the doors to exploring eras of Spider-Man's life that previous films and adaptations in general have neglected. In a way, we do seem to be where the Raimi films would have gone barring a reboot.

Here are a few ideas I have in mind:

spoilers:
    I think we definitely are getting the Alien Costume Saga, based on that stinger. I hope we actually get to spend time on it this time round. Maybe have the suit stick around for more than one film (or one Spidey film and then an MCU appearance or two). Whether it eventually leads to an MCU Eddie Brock becoming Venom or someone else (Flash Thompson?) remains to be seen. I think the skies the limit, really.

It might be interesting to see Peter and MJ's relationship play out again at some point, though I do feel it would cheapen the ending of NWH if we don't go at least one film with them separated. Which opens the doors to new love interests. Gwen is a possibility of course (maybe MCU Peter, realizing that Webb-verse Peter's love was his Gwen, feels that this Gwen may well be the love of his life?). The problem with Gwen is, where do you go with her when ''The Night Gwen Stacy Died'' has already gotten a big-screen adaptation? Could the MCU Gwen become Spider-Woman? Now that would be interesting! Another option in the romance department is Felicia Hardy AKA Black Cat. Or maybe someone like Carlie Cooper? Or Jean DeWolf? I think it would be great to explore love interests (and characters in general) who aren't tied to the Lee-Dikto and Romita eras that are usually the source material for adaptations.

I think an MCU Green Goblin would serve no purpose at this point, but an MCU Hobgoblin would. Maybe the Hobgoblin is inspired by media reports of the Green Goblin? The idea of Ned becoming Hobgoblin is a bit out of left field but who knows? Anyway, we have other potential Hobgoblins, like Roderick Kingsley or Jason Macendale...

In general, Spider-Man as more of a loner and solo superhero who very reluctantly teams up with the Avengers and other heroes would be interesting. I'd love to see him work more with the FF though, and since Jon Watts is handling that reboot, the synergy could be perfect there.
    end of spoilers

I broadly agree with you.

spoilers:
    The impression I seemed to get as well is that we're firmly in ''alternate continuity'' territory with the MCU Spider-Man and Aunt May saying that line before her death was this Peter's moment of learning the lesson which he traditionally learns from Uncle Ben before the latter's death. Which also means that, in a way, this film marks the true end of the ''origin story'' for this iteration of the character.

I do believe that MCU Peter had an Uncle Ben too, who died at some point before Homecoming (which explains the recent tragedy May faced that Peter very vaguely alludes to in that film). But it's possible that he died in some other way completely different from what we're used to, and that Peter initially became Spider-Man simply because he wanted to help people. It's a radically different take on the origin, but I've kinda accepted the MCU Spider-Man now as being it's own thing and I'm okay with that.
    end of spoilers
    That point about an alternative take on Peter is something that’s very critical and something that a lot of people are overlooking.

NWH has firmly established this with the Aunt May and MJ situation.

The way the storylines are going to play out is probably going to be very different than the comics. And I hope that Ned Leeds doesn’t get utilized for that god awful, convoluted mess of a Hobgoblin storyline.

Incredible Member

Well, out of the "High School Trilogy" and into what I like to think is the spoilers:
    "MiT Trilogy"
    end of spoilers, there are some ideas I'd like to throw into the blender:

spoilers:
    EVIL MENTORS: Have it that MiT has some underrated evil Spidey Scientists that Peter would look up to say, say... Miles Warren (I mean come on, we've had a MCU version of "One More Day", who's to say we won't have a MCU version of "Clone Saga") or Spencer/ Alistair Smythe and the Spider-Slayers.

ADDITION TO THE GROWING "DARK AVENGERS/ THUNDERBOLTS": Thinking to the mid-credit scene, I like to think the Venom Symbiote either bonds to Mac Gargan or Flash Thompson and becomes the Spidey of the Dark Avengers currently being introduced.

THE MAGGIA: I'd love to see a more of New York's crime gang's (not just our buddy Kingpin, but say Silvermane, Hammerhead, Mr Negative, Madame Masque, THE LIST IS ENDLESS)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Same here.

I just want more good movies.

The end of this trilogy has set-up Parker perfectly for the next series of movies. There’s a number of different directions they could take the franchise.
    At this point, I trust the filmmakers to tell their own story. I don't think I would've come up with Spider-Man as Iron Man's protege, or one big film where his identity his secret, Aunt May dies, and he teams up with the other cinematic Spider-Men to fight their enemies. And it worked so well.

One minor issue is that what they do boxes them in a bit.

I do want Tom Holland to keep being Spider-Man. He's great for the role, has a decent batting average, and it would be interesting to see him playing a slightly more mature Spidey.

I would prefer that he be an outsider to the other superheroes, just because we've seen so much of him as the kid brother of the Avengers.

There's certainly potential with the alien costume, Kraven and Kingpin, but if they do something else, I certainly trust them at this point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That sounds like an action movie without any purpose. It's the usual a villain wants to do bad and Peter has to stop him. Where's the thematic journey? Where's the human interest charming character stuff, rather than just drama
    Well, I'm not a professional screenwriter (though I am a professional writer of another kind)...I guess Marvel has people who would do a better job with some of these ideas to give them thematic resonance.

I think there's definitely an element of power in this story, and how people can use it for better or worse. Scorpion goes mad with it and tries to take over the underworld. Jameson uses his money and his platform for his vendetta against Spider-Man. Stillwell too is playing God with his genetic experiments so that's a kind of power. The Chameleon has the power of anonymity. The symbiote too represents a source of power that everyone from the US Government to several criminal/terrorist organizations, to Mac Gargan, want and it ultimately ends up in the hands of the person who's probably most worthy of having more power...except, is he? And what will happen when that power corrupts him too?

I guess there's also an aspect of trust and building new relationships and finding new ways forward, which we see with Spider-Man becoming friends and allies with Daredevil and his partnership and later romance with Black Cat.

Not every superhero movie needs to have some deep-rooted theme that drives the entire film. It can be a collection of ideas that comes together to tell an entertaining story while also provoking some thoughts among members of the audience who like to think about these things more deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That point about an alternative take on Peter is something that’s very critical and something that a lot of people are overlooking.

NWH has firmly established this with the Aunt May and MJ situation.

The way the storylines are going to play out is probably going to be very different than the comics. And I hope that Ned Leeds doesn’t get utilized for that god awful, convoluted mess of a Hobgoblin storyline.
    Agreed.

I'd actually be okay with them involving Ned with a Hobgoblin story. It'd be a nice way to reintroduce the character and differentiate him from his role in the concluded trilogy. But yeah, nothing so banal as ''Ned is/was/maybe the Hobgoblin''.

However something like the Hobgoblin story turns out, it'll be very different from the comics, while still keeping one foot in the source material. That's the way they've done previous Spidey villains in the MCU - the Vulture's story, while it resembles the comics in some broad essentials (he's an older man who builds the flying harness and wings to commit robberies) has dimensions that were totally absent from the comics (being put out of business by Tony Stark, having a daughter, using alien tech etc.) Ditto with Mysterio.

It seems inevitable to me that there's going to be a showdown between Tom Holland's Spider-Man and Tom Hardy's Venom.

So that's something I hope they do well.

The set-up is a bit weird. Tom Hardy is back in his world. A bit of the alien costume stayed behind.

So there would need to be more interdimensional stuff.

Fortunately, with the Fantastic Four, there are new excuses for that kind of stuff.

One potential idea...
    Spider-Man gets the alien costume, and eventually loses control. He tries to get rid of it.
    The alien costume is able to somehow call back Eddie Brock across universes.
    When the piece of the Alien Costume reunited with Eddie Brock, it turns him against Spider-Man. This could even be the way to bring back Ned and MJ. Venom starts stalking them.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems inevitable to me that there's going to be a showdown between Tom Holland's Spider-Man and Tom Hardy's Venom.

So that's something I hope they do well.

The set-up is a bit weird. Tom Hardy is back in his world. A bit of the alien costume stayed behind.

So there would need to be more interdimensional stuff.

Fortunately, with the Fantastic Four, there are new excuses for that kind of stuff.

One potential idea...
    Spider-Man gets the alien costume, and eventually loses control. He tries to get rid of it.
    The alien costume is able to somehow call back Eddie Brock across universes.
    When the piece of the Alien Costume reunited with Eddie Brock, it turns him against Spider-Man. This could even be the way to bring back Ned and MJ. Venom starts stalking them.
    It'll probably be MCU Eddie Brock's variant played by Tom Hardy with memories of Sony's bootleg Eddie Brock. Hive mind and all.