Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    It'll probably be MCU Eddie Brock's variant played by Tom Hardy with memories of Sony's bootleg Eddie Brock. Hive mind and all.
    I think it gets too complicated if you have the same actor playing different versions of the lead in one film series and the antagonist in another.

A crossover is cleaner, even if it requires different dimensions.

It may get a little weird to have a guy in his 40s obsessed with a college student, especially if this is the protagonist of Sony's #2 film series, but there's no great solution there.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think it gets too complicated if you have the same actor playing different versions of the lead in one film series and the antagonist in another.

It may get a little weird to have a guy in his 40s obsessed with a college student, especially if this is the protagonist of Sony's #2 film series, but there's no great solution there.
    Another angle is Eddie believes Mysterio's lies and thinks Spider-Man is a murderer. So he pursues Spider-Man in order to apprehend him.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, a crossover with Tom Hardy's Venom seems really complicated at this point. And I don't think it's something they're aiming for anyway. If they wanted it, nothing would have been easier than to let Venom stay in the MCU, at least until the crossover happened (which was what we were all expecting). After all, the way they wrapped up the last Venom movie, it did seem like there wasn't much left to be resolved in Venom's own world in the near-future.

But by leaving the symbiote behind while sending Venom back they've signalled their intention - the want the symbiote to play a role in future Spider-Man movies, which likely means a retelling of the Alien Costume Sage. But Venom himself isn't immediately on the cards - at least not the Eddie Brock version played by Tom Hardy.

Granted, it's not impossible for it to happen someday...but I'd expect them to do something with the bit of symbiote left behind in the MCU first.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, a crossover with Tom Hardy's Venom seems really complicated at this point. And I don't think it's something they're aiming for anyway. If they wanted it, nothing would have been easier than to let Venom stay in the MCU, at least until the crossover happened (which was what we were all expecting). After all, the way they wrapped up the last Venom movie, it did seem like there wasn't much left to be resolved in Venom's own world in the near-future.

But by leaving the symbiote behind while sending Venom back they've signalled their intention - the want the symbiote to play a role in future Spider-Man movies, which likely means a retelling of the Alien Costume Sage. But Venom himself isn't immediately on the cards - at least not the Eddie Brock version played by Tom Hardy.

Granted, it's not impossible for it to happen someday...but I'd expect them to do something with the bit of symbiote left behind in the MCU first.
    I disagree.

This movie made an absurd amount of money, so they're going to want to keep Tom Holland as Spider-Man.

Venom had crappy reviews, but made a lot of money. Venom 2 had better reviews, and ended with a teaser about him joining the MCU.

In the sequels, it's going to be tough to surpass what happened here. Spider-Man VS Venom is the main card they have to play.

So I would bet good money on some kind of film announced in the next three years (if not the next three months) pitting the Tom Holland Spider-Man against the Tom Hardy Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Another angle is Eddie believes Mysterio's lies and thinks Spider-Man is a murderer. So he pursues Spider-Man in order to apprehend him.
    Maybe. It would make sense for Brock to work with Jameson.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 12-19-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I disagree.

This movie made an absurd amount of money, so they're going to want to keep Tom Holland as Spider-Man.

Venom had crappy reviews, but made a lot of money. Venom 2 had better reviews, and ended with a teaser about him joining the MCU.

In the sequels, it's going to be tough to surpass what happened here. Spider-Man VS Venom is the main card they have to play.

So I would bet good money on some kind of film announced in the next three years (if not the next three months) pitting the Tom Holland Spider-Man against the Tom Hardy Venom.

I don't disagree with you that Spider-Man vs. Venom would be a massive draw and probably one of the few things that can come close to the scope and scale and fanservice of NWH (though let's face it, it's virtually impossible for them to top that!) And I have no doubt that at some point in the future it's something we're gonna get.

But the way things are set up now, it does seem to me that the immediate focus is on having the symbiote play a role in the MCU sans Venom. Because if Marvel wanted to set up the Spider-Man/Venom fight or team-up or whatever it'll be, they had the perfect opportunity to do it when Eddie ended up in the MCU. OR they could have sent Peter into the Sony Spider-Man Universe at the end of NWH. Instead, they sent Eddie back to his universe, while leaving a piece of the symbiote in the MCU where Peter is. From that I deduce that Peter's going to be dealing with the symbiote in the MCU first before any sort of meeting with Venom is likely to happen.

Plus Eddie has more incentive to join the Bugle than Peter does.

Peter would just go intern at Horizon Labs while he's at University.

If anything you could use Eddie to give Peter a reason to join the Bugle. He needs to keep track of the guy chasing him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I don't disagree with you that Spider-Man vs. Venom would be a massive draw and probably one of the few things that can come close to the scope and scale and fanservice of NWH (though let's face it, it's virtually impossible for them to top that!) And I have no doubt that at some point in the future it's something we're gonna get.

But the way things are set up now, it does seem to me that the immediate focus is on having the symbiote play a role in the MCU sans Venom. Because if Marvel wanted to set up the Spider-Man/Venom fight or team-up or whatever it'll be, they had the perfect opportunity to do it when Eddie ended up in the MCU. OR they could have sent Peter into the Sony Spider-Man Universe at the end of NWH. Instead, they sent Eddie back to his universe, while leaving a piece of the symbiote in the MCU where Peter is. From that I deduce that Peter's going to be dealing with the symbiote in the MCU first before any sort of meeting with Venom is likely to happen.
    I think they didn't want to limit sequels.

If Eddie Brock is stuck in the MCU, Sony's going to insist on the Spider-Man VS Venom movie coming out really soon. I don't know if they were willing to commit to that so immediately. They didn't know what the box office for Venom 2 would be when they filmed the scene, to say nothing of the ways Covid will affect shooting schedules.

This way they can bring back Venom a little bit later, but focus on other stuff first.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I think they didn't want to limit sequels.

If Eddie Brock is stuck in the MCU, Sony's going to insist on the Spider-Man VS Venom movie coming out really soon. I don't know if they were willing to commit to that so immediately. They didn't know what the box office for Venom 2 would be when they filmed the scene, to say nothing of the ways Covid will affect shooting schedules.

This way they can bring back Venom a little bit later, but focus on other stuff first.
    Sony and Marvel have teased to the point Spider-man V Venom is what audiences/fans are going to be expecting next. I think there is going to be some disappointment because I don't see it happening yet. Depends on when they schedule/announce the next Spidey film, but Venom 3 will happen before any crossover (who knows when that will be given Hardy's schedule).

Honestly, I want it to be a slow burn. Let Peter have the symbiote for a film or two and THEN pull the trigger. The truncated Black Costume Saga attempted in Spider-man 3 is one of that films many faults. I don't want it repeated by trying to do it in one film again.

I think the way I'd like the next Spiderman trilogy to go would be something along the lines of this:

Spider-Man 4: Gang war between Kingpin, Tombstone, Mr. Negative, and Hobgoblin. With Hobgoblin as the new guy on the scene and just building himself up. Spidey and Daredevil get caught in the middle of it all. Introduce Black Cat and have Spidey start his relationship with her. Hobgoblin gets away and is successful in starting his criminal empire. Spidey becomes friends with Harry at college. Maybe have MCU Norman is revealed to be building Hobgoblin's tech the way he was in the 90s cartoon. Maybe have Spidey get the black suit in the post-credits.

Spider-Man 5: Really play up the Hobgoblin mystery and assemble the usual suspects. Ned, Harry Osborn, Rodrick Kingsley, Jason MacCendale, Phil Urich, and whoever else. MJ and Ned come back into Peter's life but don't remember him. Maybe Hobgoblin hires Kraven to keep Spidey busy while he does whatever crime he's trying to pull off. Spidey goes through the usual black suit arc while facing Kraven. Gets the symbiote off for the third act and teams up with Kraven to take down and unmask Hobgoblin. Ned is revealed to be a red herring but dies. Things don't work out with Black Cat (maybe because of Peter being a jerk with the symbiote on) and they break up.

Spider-Man 6: Spiderman fights Venom in the first 2/3rds of the movie as Venom stalks him. This can either be Tom Hardy returning or a fresh MCU take. In the third act, they are forced to team up and fight the greater evil of MCU Carnage. MJ remembers the past due to the symbiote going onto her at one point and unlocking her memories. Peter and MJ are reunited and get their happy ending.
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 12-19-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Spider-Man 4: Peter is now Spider-Man full time, hooks up with Felicia but begins to realize the importance of having friends and a support network in real life. Scorpion and Kraven are the villains. Ned and MJ are still around but Peter keeps his distance from them but he still watches over them as Spider-Man. We finally learn more about MJ's past and her father connected to Felicia's dad and Donald Glover's Prowler. Miles gets bitten in this movie. Post credit scene sets up the Hobgoblin.

The main plot would be Peter dealing with a series of burglaries engineered by Black Cat and the Prowler on Oscorp Industries. The Bugle advertises Spider-man as part of the group and Kraven/Scorpion takes the opportunity to promote themselves as new heroes. JJJ trusts them at first but he turns against them when they start harming innocent people. Peter, Felicia and JJJ would be the main trio of this movie. Matt Murdock cameos again when Peter phones him for legal advice. Maybe even a brief cameo where he and Spider-Man takes down some bad guys while suited up.

At the end, we meet MCU Norman Osborn who has an agenda and has been bankrolling/black mailing the Daily Bugle.

Spider-Man 5: Kingsley frames Ned as the Hobgoblin and Peter has to prove his innocence. In the process, he rekindles their friendship. Ned and MJ's memories are restored but they feel betrayed by Peter since he didn't connect with them after the memory wipe. Peter begins to mentor Miles on the ups and downs on being a hero.

Peter meets Harry in this movie but his paranoia around Norman creates a rift in their friendship.

Norman suits up as the Green Goblin for the first time in order to fight the Hobgoblin. We learn that at some point early on in Spider-Man's career, he unknowingly embarassed Norman hence the grudge.

Spider-Man 6: The upgraded Sinister Six returns (no Multiverse this time, they are all from the main MCU timeline). In the climax Spider-Man 'dies' defeating the Six, in reality Peter lost his leg fighting them and Reed Richards builds him a new prosthetic. MJ reveals to Peter that she is pregnant. MJ gives birth to fraternal twins whom they name May and Anna. A glimpse of the future shows them with a third kid named Benjamin. Peter retires as Spider-Man allowing Miles to take over as Spider-Man full time.

In between that you can show Peter teaching classes at Avengers Academy/Xavier Institute or bromancing with Johnny Storm.

You do realize that these Spider-man films come out every two years right? Peter is probably 18 years old. Which means that in your timeline he would retire at 24 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You do realize that these Spider-man films come out every two years right? Peter is probably 18 years old. Which means that in your timeline he would retire at 24 years old.
    I agree, which is why I didn't include Miles in my fantasy trilogy. There is definitely a desire for a live-action Miles movie that needs to be addressed but I feel like Tom's Peter isn't at the point yet where he's ready to be a mentor and both don't think he'll be there for a while and I don't want that rushed just to have him pushed aside for Miles. I'm honestly still holding out hope that we get 9 or 10 solo movies with MCU Peter eventually.

I think the best way to make everyone happy and kill two birds with one stone is to make Amazing Spider-Man 3 set in the Venomverse and have Andrew Garfield's Peter meet and train Miles. That way we have a couple of good much-needed Spidermen in the Venomverse (if Andrew Garfield's Peter survives) and Miles fans can have their movie sooner rather than waiting for Tom Holland's Peter to be near the end of his career. There's also no reason Miles couldn't still cross over for a Young Avengers or Champions appearance or even to meet MCU Peter eventually. This could also be a good project to fill the gap if the rumors are true about Tom wanting a bit of a break.

We're also assuming that Sony will let Marvel just have Miles when they can potentially utilize a live-action Miles for themselves. As far as I know, the MCU deal is strictly for Peter.

Anyway, I think this would be the best way to make as many people as possible happy and get a Miles live-action movie out asap, give Garfield a much-deserved third movie, and allow Tom's Peter Parker to develop at his own pace.
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 12-20-2021 at 06:52 AM.

I was thinking for MCU venom they can use Scorpion. Like have it in the next movie where Peter beats regular scorpion as the B plot villain. Then in a future film make it where he gets the symbiote and become the second version of Venom
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I was thinking for MCU venom they can use Scorpion. Like have it in the next movie where Peter beats regular scorpion as the B plot villain. Then in a future film make it where he gets the symbiote and become the second version of Venom
    I'd rather Scorpion with a suit than Venomized Gargan, but he'd probably just end up a Venomized Scorpion.

I'd want a crossover trilogy with Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and the Slingers.

I'd be down for a film where MJ becomes Jackpot. It could be a Spider-gwen style flick for Sony. It could be either Zendaya, Shailene Woodley or Kirsten Dunst.

I'm cool with the Jackal popping up. Just give him the Anubis head and have him do the Clone Conspiracy set up. It could also be a crossover with Morbius but it's not essential.

I'd adapt the 90's cartoon take on Black Cat. She'd start out as a college girl whose dad was a cat burglar. Peter tries to mentor her as she seeks revenge for her father's death. They fall in love but it doesn't last.

If Sony wants a Black Cat spinoff, that could still work with this setup. Instead of being an alternate universe it's an offscreen adventures. Heist films don't have interesting villians so you could just dust some z-list villian like the Chance.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-20-2021 at 12:32 PM.