Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You do realize that these Spider-man films come out every two years right? Peter is probably 18 years old. Which means that in your timeline he would retire at 24 years old.
    Holland claims, that he wants some rest from acting for a while, so, I guess we'll have to wait a little longer than usual. It's not problem for them to change the deal.

Mighty Member

I want a lot of things. But my big 4:

- Scorpion. You have a great actor for Gargan already. Use him!
    - Black Cat. We've seen a little of Felicia in both previous universes, but never the Cat.
    - Spidey/Daredevil team up.
    - Miles!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I want a lot of things. But my big 4:

- Scorpion. You have a great actor for Gargan already. Use him!
    - Black Cat. We've seen a little of Felicia in both previous universes, but never the Cat.
    - Spidey/Daredevil team up.
    - Miles!
    In the interest of fairness we've had MJ (technically twice and almost thrice) and Gwen prominently featured in Spider-Man movies so it's about time they finally used Felicia. Especially since she was planned to be in Spider-Man 4 and she was technically in ASM2 even if you wouldn't have known it was her aside from the name (which is the same as her actress ).

I think Daredevil and related stuff is going to be stuck on Disney+ productions where I don't see Spidey showing up but if we can hear Kingpin mention how Spider-Man has been messing with his operations I will be a happy camper.

Extraordinary Member

Peter and Black Cat in a completely unhealthy Chris Issak's Wicked Game relationship.

and as others have said...

Spidey/DD team up and maybe find out each other's identities.

Peter and Johnny Storm as college roomates

question what does johnny even do when he isnt superheroing does he go to school?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I think the way I'd like the next Spiderman trilogy to go would be something along the lines of this:

Spider-Man 4: Gang war between Kingpin, Tombstone, Mr. Negative, and Hobgoblin. With Hobgoblin as the new guy on the scene and just building himself up. Spidey and Daredevil get caught in the middle of it all. Introduce Black Cat and have Spidey start his relationship with her. Hobgoblin gets away and is successful in starting his criminal empire. Spidey becomes friends with Harry at college. Maybe have MCU Norman is revealed to be building Hobgoblin's tech the way he was in the 90s cartoon. Maybe have Spidey get the black suit in the post-credits.

Spider-Man 5: Really play up the Hobgoblin mystery and assemble the usual suspects. Ned, Harry Osborn, Rodrick Kingsley, Jason MacCendale, Phil Urich, and whoever else. MJ and Ned come back into Peter's life but don't remember him. Maybe Hobgoblin hires Kraven to keep Spidey busy while he does whatever crime he's trying to pull off. Spidey goes through the usual black suit arc while facing Kraven. Gets the symbiote off for the third act and teams up with Kraven to take down and unmask Hobgoblin. Ned is revealed to be a red herring but dies. Things don't work out with Black Cat (maybe because of Peter being a jerk with the symbiote on) and they break up.

Spider-Man 6: Spiderman fights Venom in the first 2/3rds of the movie as Venom stalks him. This can either be Tom Hardy returning or a fresh MCU take. In the third act, they are forced to team up and fight the greater evil of MCU Carnage. MJ remembers the past due to the symbiote going onto her at one point and unlocking her memories. Peter and MJ are reunited and get their happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Spider-Man 4: Peter is now Spider-Man full time, hooks up with Felicia but begins to realize the importance of having friends and a support network in real life. Scorpion and Kraven are the villains. Ned and MJ are still around but Peter keeps his distance from them but he still watches over them as Spider-Man. We finally learn more about MJ's past and her father connected to Felicia's dad and Donald Glover's Prowler. Miles gets bitten in this movie. Post credit scene sets up the Hobgoblin.

The main plot would be Peter dealing with a series of burglaries engineered by Black Cat and the Prowler on Oscorp Industries. The Bugle advertises Spider-man as part of the group and Kraven/Scorpion takes the opportunity to promote themselves as new heroes. JJJ trusts them at first but he turns against them when they start harming innocent people. Peter, Felicia and JJJ would be the main trio of this movie. Matt Murdock cameos again when Peter phones him for legal advice. Maybe even a brief cameo where he and Spider-Man takes down some bad guys while suited up.

At the end, we meet MCU Norman Osborn who has an agenda and has been bankrolling/black mailing the Daily Bugle.

Spider-Man 5: Kingsley frames Ned as the Hobgoblin and Peter has to prove his innocence. In the process, he rekindles their friendship. Ned and MJ's memories are restored but they feel betrayed by Peter since he didn't connect with them after the memory wipe. Peter begins to mentor Miles on the ups and downs on being a hero.

Peter meets Harry in this movie but his paranoia around Norman creates a rift in their friendship.

Norman suits up as the Green Goblin for the first time in order to fight the Hobgoblin. We learn that at some point early on in Spider-Man's career, he unknowingly embarassed Norman hence the grudge.

Spider-Man 6: The upgraded Sinister Six returns (no Multiverse this time, they are all from the main MCU timeline). In the climax Spider-Man 'dies' defeating the Six, in reality Peter lost his leg fighting them and Reed Richards builds him a new prosthetic. MJ reveals to Peter that she is pregnant. MJ gives birth to fraternal twins whom they name May and Anna. A glimpse of the future shows them with a third kid named Benjamin. Peter retires as Spider-Man allowing Miles to take over as Spider-Man full time.

In between that you can show Peter teaching classes at Avengers Academy/Xavier Institute or bromancing with Johnny Storm.
    I think Marvel and Sony are going to need to balance the need to tell compelling stories that are about something with long-term plans that have serious payoff years down the road (although things often change from earlier plans.)

Part of the reason the first two Raimi films worked is that they figured out they focused on story as much as getting the major bad guys. The third film just had too much going on. The studio wanted Venom. Raimi wanted Sandman. The set-up required the Harry Osbotn Green Goblin. Even in this case, the story was about something: anger, and the need to forgive.

With the Webb/ Maguire films, there was too much set-up, with the first film hinting at a major conspiracy that wasn't all that interesting, and the second film adding to that conspiracy the set-up of the Sinister Six.

The MCU films have worked because they focus on story and doing stuff we haven't seen before, while building on Spider-Man's appearances in other MCU stories.

In Homecoming, Spider-Man feels constrained by Iron Man, and the Vulture's a perfect villain, a blue collar guy in conflict with both of them who ends up connected to Peter's private life.

Far From Home took Spider-Man international, where he hasn't been before, and where he's a fish out of water. Mysterio works as an apparent successor to Iron Man.

No Way Home blended two stories pretty well. The first half looked at the effects of Spider-Man's identity being public, while the second brought over heroes and villains from other universes. It ended up being the best grand statement we've seen on Peter Parker in film, a compliment to Into the Spider-Verse's grand statement on Spider-Man.

We are kinda seeing hints about the seams showing. The Vulture hasn't returned, and nothing's been done with the set-up to the Scorpion. Far From Home hinted that Mysterio's allies are up to something. Granted, I'm so much happier they were willing to abandon those threads when a better idea emerges.

I would love to see the Sinister Six in the conclusion of a new trilogy and it fits as a potential finale to Holland's adventures.

But there are a lot of things beyond our control. We don't know what's going on with Morbius or Kraven, or where Spider-Man's popping up in the MCU. If Tom Holland wants a few years off, we might not see Spider-Man again for a while. That could also affect a Venom crossover.

If Tom Holland is ready to suit up quickly, we could see Spider-Man 4 and Venom 3 in 2023, and some kind of Spider-Man VS Venom film in 2025.

If Tom Holland wants to take a break, we could easily see Venom 3 in 2023, and the Spider-Man VS Venom film would be Spider-Man 4.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

They could do something like the James Bond movie format...some minor thing before the credits to introduce some more of his villains (like MCU Electro, Beetle, Rhino, Hydro-Man, etc...) then do the credits and have a bigger villain in the main story line. After 3 movies they could assemble a Sinister Six team to fight Spidey.

I think they could have some fun with the storyline of Assassination Nation.

We'd have to change things a bit, but I think it is all workable.
    We get to introduce Silver Sable and Paladin. Who is turn hire Spider-man to be a part of the security detail. Really I'm even torn about introducing Paladin. I love that character, but I think he could be done better and I don't simply want him depicted as "Powerful Guard A."

Now Captain America and Solo are both also in the series. We are already introducing two characters, so let's skip adding a third. We also don't have Captain America, but we do have Winter Soldier and Cap Falcon. I think they would work great as replacements.

The storyline has Sabretooth,and Red Skull. I think Scorpion might work instead of Sabretooth. Red Skull doesn't work, but I'm sure something can be figured out.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

If Peter gets to continue, make it the early college era. Introduce a few more supporting characters. Let Peter live on his own with Ned. I'm not hung up on seeing Harry Osborn. Certainly not ultra-handsome Harry.
    Ladies who can show up, friends or whatever: Felicia Hardy, Marcy Kane (uh, she's not an alien this time), Glory Grant, Joy Mercado, etc.

I haven't seen the film yet so I don't know how this leaves things. I hope to see villains who have not been in any version of the past movies yet. I'm not interested in Venom, but I'm sure it will happen anyway.

the Hobgoblin saga just wouldn't work in film the same way as an ongoing monthly comic book series. They'd have to accelerate the reveal somehow unless some CIA style secrecy were in place to keep the actor's identity secret. But I still want to see Hobgoblin. Tech based, not mystical.

I'd want to see Kingpin play a big role, as well as the gangsters of Marvel, like Hammerhead, the Rose, Silvermane and Tombstone.

I wouldn't mind seeing a nuisance villain to start things off, but not as a main villain. my candidates: Swarm, the Looter, Shocker (I'm sorry, I don't see him for a whole film), Slyde, Kangaroo, Gibbon.

If Puma can be introduced without making him an outright murderer, and maybe sidestep him being a wealthy CEO that moonlights as a hitman (which, in retrospect... seriously??), that would be interesting.

I'd keep Marcy Kane as an alien.

Maybe drop the hitman angle and have Puma be a vigilante?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    question what does johnny even do when he isnt superheroing does he go to school?
    He's a bit of a mechanic. He's also using his celebrity status to have fun and pick up chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's a bit of a mechanic. He's also using his celebrity status to have fun and pick up chicks.
    is he some secret genius or something. like is the only reason why he received his powers is cause his sister was dating reed

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    is he some secret genius or something. like is the only reason why he received his powers is cause his sister was dating reed
    Pretty much, actually.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

As far as villains go; we know Holland will likely be fighting Venom in Venom 3.

For his solo film, we still have Black Cat & Silver Sable (something Sony has wanted to do for years now), Scorpion, Kraven the Hunter, the Spider Slayers, Hobgoblin, Beetle, hell maybe Kingpin.

Skies the limit.

actually we have his greatest enemy already set up. His Rent