Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 137
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Black Cat

    Symbiote Black Suit

    No Dark Deal with Mephisto.

    I would love to see Mary Jane Watson in the MCU but that has about a snowball's chance in hell of happening because then the Michelle fans would throw a hissy fit, then some idiot on Twitter will say they are discriminating and racist or some crap they like to throw out there to make themselves feel special and from there it would be complete and utter chaos... so that is one wish i will have to just keep in my heart and just that.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 12-21-2021 at 10:07 PM.

  2. #77
    Incredible Member thefinalguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Home with everyone else
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Starting at Empire State University.

    Working at the Daily Bugle bringing back Jameson and Betty Brant. Add Glory Grant in also as a friend.

    I don't imagine they'll get rid of MJ or Ned, but I would like to see Harry and Gwen arise as his college friends; there could always be a way to bring them together. But Peter should expand his circle at the very least.

    spoilers:
    If they are pushing MJ as more of a Mary, Jane would like to see Zendaya in the red hair outside of press tours because she kills it. The cynicism can work if it's written better, she's been highly underutilized for her talent.
    end of spoilers

    Some good moments and wins for him.spoilers:
    I assume he has no family, but if Uncle Ben never died/exists in this universe I'd be curious to see him become his new guardian. Although, I imagine Happy will act as his stand-in
    end of spoilers.

    Depending on when we get the Fantastic Four, I'd like to see Johnny Storm become a part of Peter's circle, both in and out of costume. Maybe an appearance in the fifth and sixth movies.

    Kraven and Calypso as villains for the next movie, with Symbiote / Venom in the 2nd film of the new trilogy.

    Ending off with the Sinister Six could be interesting maybe short action-based scenes where Peter fights them and finishes them off in previous films so they join forces. I'd like for it to deviate from the initial line-up to add a little more originality.

    Black Cat might not fit with all of this but if I think a role throughout either two or all three of the films could be an interesting sub-plot. I don't mind Gwen being introduced but I don't want her as a love interest, maybe a tease but that's it. I think they'll want to keep pushing Zendaya anyway especially since she's dating Tom. Felicia would be the far more interesting avenue, but not in the fourth film I want Peter closer to an adult. (He's 17 now but 20 makes more sense in my head, its a very "adult" dynamic)
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 12-21-2021 at 11:46 PM.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Black Cat

    Symbiote Black Suit

    No Dark Deal with Mephisto.

    I would love to see Mary Jane Watson in the MCU but that has about a snowball's chance in hell of happening because then the Michelle fans would throw a hissy fit, then some idiot on Twitter will say they are discriminating and racist or some crap they like to throw out there to make themselves feel special and from there it would be complete and utter chaos... so that is one wish i will have to just keep in my heart and just that.
    I think NWH established beyond a shadow of a doubt that Michelle is meant to be the Mary Jane Watson equivalent of this universe (even if she isn't literally the same character). And I'm okay with that...NWH also did a great job convincing me that the MCU Spider-Man and his world is different. It's an alternate take on the mythos that can co-exist with the other, more traditional takes.

    You raise an interesting point though about the next time MJ has to show up in an adaptation - live-action most likely, but maybe even animated. Will Marvel (or whoever is producing said adaptation) feel the pressure to make Mary Jane black or mixed-race because of the MCU (even if that technically wasn't Mary Jane?) Over on the DC side for instance, Iris West was first race-bent for the CW show, and since then every subsequent adaptation of Iris (the new DC Animated Universe, the DCEU) has been black. Granted, that might have a lot to do with the fact that Candice Patton's Iris West on the CW show is the first iteration of the character to reach a wider mainstream audience, while Zendaya's MJ is by no means the first iteration of MJ to reach that.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think NWH established beyond a shadow of a doubt that Michelle is meant to be the Mary Jane Watson equivalent of this universe (even if she isn't literally the same character). And I'm okay with that...NWH also did a great job convincing me that the MCU Spider-Man and his world is different. It's an alternate take on the mythos that can co-exist with the other, more traditional takes.

    You raise an interesting point though about the next time MJ has to show up in an adaptation - live-action most likely, but maybe even animated. Will Marvel (or whoever is producing said adaptation) feel the pressure to make Mary Jane black or mixed-race because of the MCU (even if that technically wasn't Mary Jane?) Over on the DC side for instance, Iris West was first race-bent for the CW show, and since then every subsequent adaptation of Iris (the new DC Animated Universe, the DCEU) has been black. Granted, that might have a lot to do with the fact that Candice Patton's Iris West on the CW show is the first iteration of the character to reach a wider mainstream audience, while Zendaya's MJ is by no means the first iteration of MJ to reach that.
    Iris West is nowhere NEAR the level of live interests like Mary Jane Watson or Lois Lane. I think the MJ situation is more akin to Eartha Kitt’s Catwoman. She may get nods every now and then, but is never really major enough to be a perpetual change in adaptations.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think NWH established beyond a shadow of a doubt that Michelle is meant to be the Mary Jane Watson equivalent of this universe (even if she isn't literally the same character). And I'm okay with that...NWH also did a great job convincing me that the MCU Spider-Man and his world is different. It's an alternate take on the mythos that can co-exist with the other, more traditional takes.

    You raise an interesting point though about the next time MJ has to show up in an adaptation - live-action most likely, but maybe even animated. Will Marvel (or whoever is producing said adaptation) feel the pressure to make Mary Jane black or mixed-race because of the MCU (even if that technically wasn't Mary Jane?) Over on the DC side for instance, Iris West was first race-bent for the CW show, and since then every subsequent adaptation of Iris (the new DC Animated Universe, the DCEU) has been black. Granted, that might have a lot to do with the fact that Candice Patton's Iris West on the CW show is the first iteration of the character to reach a wider mainstream audience, while Zendaya's MJ is by no means the first iteration of MJ to reach that.
    With the way the world works now, i wouldn't be shocked if they do this.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Iris West is nowhere NEAR the level of live interests like Mary Jane Watson or Lois Lane. I think the MJ situation is more akin to Eartha Kitt’s Catwoman. She may get nods every now and then, but is never really major enough to be a perpetual change in adaptations.
    Eartha Kitt's Catwoman appeared in a very different era though. Today, the situation might not be as straightforward.

    I agree with you that Iris West isn't remotely on the same level as Mary Jane. I was just illustrating an example of where a superhero love interest (and a major character in the mythos) was race-bent for one high-profile adaptation, and has been similarly race-bent in all subsequent adaptations. Granted, as I mentioned earlier, the race-bent Iris West on the CW was the first exposure the character had to a wider mainstream audience, which isn't the case with Mary Jane, who's already received global exposure through the Raimi Spider-Man films (not to mention the various cartoons).

  7. #82
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    You raise an interesting point though about the next time MJ has to show up in an adaptation - live-action most likely, but maybe even animated. Will Marvel (or whoever is producing said adaptation) feel the pressure to make Mary Jane black or mixed-race because of the MCU (even if that technically wasn't Mary Jane?) Over on the DC side for instance, Iris West was first race-bent for the CW show, and since then every subsequent adaptation of Iris (the new DC Animated Universe, the DCEU) has been black. Granted, that might have a lot to do with the fact that Candice Patton's Iris West on the CW show is the first iteration of the character to reach a wider mainstream audience, while Zendaya's MJ is by no means the first iteration of MJ to reach that.
    MJ is still white in ITSV, cartoons, the Insomniac game, comics, etc.

    I think the MCU being wishy-washy with Zendaya's take (which is mostly Zendaya) have prevented it from feeling definitive enough to impact her wider media appearances.

  8. #83
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,365

    Default

    I'd like to see more Jameson.

    I think No Way Home did a good job at writing outspoilers:
    Ned and MJ
    end of spoilers so I'm fine with them not returning. Also, I'm fine with them not using any Mary Jane or Gwen. Betty Brant, Felicia Hardy, Deb Whitman, or Carlie Cooper would be nice changes.

    Also, with all the previous villains showing up in Home Way Home, I think they should avoid reusing any of them. No Doc Ock, no Electro, No Green Goblin, etc. Give us badguys we haven't seen in movies before. Scorpion would be nice. Or Kraven. Or Chameleon.

    They seem to be setting things up for spoilers:
    Venom or at the least black costume
    end of spoilers and I'm fine with that.

  9. #84
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd like to see more Jameson.

    I think No Way Home did a good job at writing outspoilers:
    Ned and MJ
    end of spoilers so I'm fine with them not returning. Also, I'm fine with them not using any Mary Jane or Gwen. Betty Brant, Felicia Hardy, Deb Whitman, or Carlie Cooper would be nice changes.

    Also, with all the previous villains showing up in Home Way Home, I think they should avoid reusing any of them. No Doc Ock, no Electro, No Green Goblin, etc. Give us badguys we haven't seen in movies before. Scorpion would be nice. Or Kraven. Or Chameleon.

    They seem to be setting things up for spoilers:
    Venom or at the least black costume
    end of spoilers and I'm fine with that.
    For all intents and purposes, Zendaya is playing MCU Mary Jane, they just don't actually call her that (yet?). And no way she doesn't come back. She may miss the next movie, but she's definitely not gone for good.

    I can't see Gwen ever being Peter's love interest again in an adaptation. Not since Spider-Gwen absolutely exploded in popularity.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MJ is still white in ITSV, cartoons, the Insomniac game, comics, etc.

    I think the MCU being wishy-washy with Zendaya's take (which is mostly Zendaya) have prevented it from feeling definitive enough to impact her wider media appearances.
    True.

    Let's face it, race isn't even the biggest difference between Zendaya's MJ and other versions (honestly Zendaya is probably just a shade or two darker than Kirsten Dunst...if she had red hair and was glammed up a bit, as she has been IRL, she'd totally look like classic MJ, or close enough). The character Zendaya plays is very different in a lot of other aspects (characterization, career interests, attitude, fashion sense) - in fact the only thing she and classic MJ have in common, apart from the initials and last name, are the fact that they are both the love interests of their respective versions of Peter, and Zendaya's MJ was with him in high school the way Mary Jane has been in many adaptations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    For all intents and purposes, Zendaya is playing MCU Mary Jane, they just don't actually call her that (yet?). And no way she doesn't come back. She may miss the next movie, but she's definitely not gone for good.

    I can't see Gwen ever being Peter's love interest again in an adaptation. Not since Spider-Gwen absolutely exploded in popularity.
    Yeah Gwen being the love interest in an adaptation doesn't make sense now, because we all know how her story canonically ends, and we've seen that play out on-screen now. It's actually the reason why so many adaptations (the Raimi movies, the TAS) tend to leave her out and have Mary Jane be 'the one' right from the start.

  11. #86
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    I think odds are we'll probably get Black Cat next rather than introduce Gwen.

  12. #87
    Spectacular Member jignat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Some loose tidbits in a potential 2nd MCU trilogy...

    SM4 - Scorpion as main villain. Black Cat is introduced and wants to become an unwanted sidekick to Spidey

    SM5:KRaven and Chameleon team up to hunt Spidey. Alien symbiote bonds to Pete and he gets reckless. Eddie somehow is working for Bugle and spies on Spidey being a loose cannon and spidey webs him to the bell tower. After defeating Kraven/Chameleon, Pete discovers costume is alien and drives it off.
    Costume binds with Brock at the end

    SM6: Spidey vs Venom. Cat is seriously injured and retires from superheroics, somehow MJ meets Peter again and regains her memories.

  13. #88
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,602

    Default

    If Peter is going to college, introduce Felicia Hardy. Maybe as a fellow student. Then we get the Black Cat reveal.

    Kraven as the villain. I got Mysterio, Kraven is the other one they I want now.

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You do realize that these Spider-man films come out every two years right? Peter is probably 18 years old. Which means that in your timeline he would retire at 24 years old.
    You're acting as if these are characters on a page as opposed to RL actors who has to portray them on screen.

    To give you some perspective:

    Hugh Jackman played Wolverine/Logan 9 times including cameos.

    RD Jr played Iron Man 10 times on screen including cameos.

    Chris Evans played Captain America 8 times on screen.

    Chris Hemsworth played Thor 7 times in the MCU and is the first in the MCU to get a 4th solo movie.

    The point is these roles are demanding, actors get bored or can't keep up with the demands of the role. There is a reason why Chris Evans negotiated for them to lower the initial 9 movie contract Marvel offered to a 6 movie contract instead. Tom Holland has played Spider-Man 6 times in the MCU up until this point. He's isn't going to stick around to do a Job Hunting Trilogy, a Young Adult Trilogy, a Mid Life Crisis Trilogy, an Old Man Peter Trilogy, Peter Buried In a Coffin Trilogy after the College Trilogy. He's already said if he's playing Spider-Man after 30 then he made a mistake, brought up Peter training Miles Morales and talked about starting a family and he has other franchise obligations as well. Instead of getting ahead of ourselves, we should approach every movie as if it might be the last.

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    There are a few things that came to mind, about what could come next in the MCU for Spider-Man.

    Tobey Maguire's Spidey has Mary Jane Watson as his main love interest, Andrew Garfield's Spidey had Gwen Stacy and lost her in tragedy. (Although I believe there's a chance for that to change by the actions of Tom Holand). Tom Holand's Spidey had MJ, although she wasn't really "MJ", and now she has lost it. So, in the incoming films, I think it's obvious Peter is going to need another love interest, and I think I know which one will be: Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat. Maybe that's why Sony cancelled its movie project with Black Cat. Three versions of Spider-Man, three lifes with different love interests. Sounds suitable, right?

    Also, if we consider the piece of the Venom's symbiote left by Eddie Brock could end up finding Peter Parker, we could have "Symbiote Spider-Man". You know, Spider-Man in the black suit and in a relationship with the Black Cat. Sounds fitting or not?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •