Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Its such a shame this book is ending so soon and without co-creator Schiti. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Y'all remember the rants on here about how Storm was disrespectful and out of line for doing that? Hoping that energy has been left in the past.
    She should have refused politely (Doom IS a head of state and Storm was meeting him as such) and hurry to Illyana, Magik II, Selene and whoever Betsy can find in Otherworld to check the veracity of Doom's claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Tbf, it was less supporting Doom and more that mutants should check to see if he was right first. Then again I find the entire Mysterium/galactic economy standard is now controlled by mutantkind just straight up weird. Both from an economical and storytelling standpoint.
    It IS weird that galactic society would be so quick to rely on Mysterium: Earth is famous as the greatest source of instability in the Cosmos... for all they know Krakoa could disappear next week...
    Last edited by Habis; 12-21-2021 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    She should have refused politely (Doom IS a head of state and Storm was meeting him as such) and hurry to Illyana, Magik II, Selene and whoever Betsy can find in Otherworld to check the veracity of Doom's claims.

It IS weird that galactic society would be so quick to rely on Mysterium: Earth is famous as the greatest source of instability in the Cosmos... for all they know Krakoa could disappear next week...
    Makes no sense. Lets give the cause of the annihilation the benefit of the doubt so we can waste a few seconds being diplomatic and get annihilated. lol. to each their own i guess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Because she wanted to dunk on him as she should, for what he did to her turning her into a statue and for being a shitty person in general. It was fun seeing him being subed the entire Convo till she got bored and explained why he truly is an insignificant man in the grand scheme of things a glorified parasite, then left him to do actually important things like lash the unruly arakkii into submission. He didn't tell them something they already didn't know there are problems and they are working on it. Doom can move on.

It is not wierd, it was calculated and planned beforehand by Abigail brand to make sol the center of galactic politics. The regent of Sol is now the single most powerful sovereign in terms of wealth and political sway having allies in the shiar with the empress being president of storm fan club. and the myriad of other empires sans the kree/skrulls. Plus was even the they would be swayed in the end.
    The only definite no was the intergalactic empire of wakanda and guess what storm is their god to whom they pray to and worship. So no it isn't wierd it makes sense because of who they picked storm. If they had any other mutant it simply won't work because even if they managed to get all the others on board the intergalactic empire would be an actual problem due to the fact that the sovereign is not one they regard as a literal deity.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-21-2021 at 04:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Makes no sense. Lets give the cause of the annihilation the benefit of the doubt so we can waste a few seconds being diplomatic and get annihilated. lol. to each their own i guess.
    Like I know right? Trust Doom and live to regret it he literally takes advantage of beyonders and such and you want them to entertain him in any way, especially after finding out what he does to mutants in his country... Now that's some bull.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    Actually it makes sense for Abigail's story to take a back seat of sorts and let the regent become the true focus of Sol as she was intended to be. Though I think bad sales also didn't help. It's kinda sad that good books don't sell as well as recycled trash a lot of the time, but oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Like I know right? Trust Doom and live to regret it he literally takes advantage of beyonders and such and you want them to entertain him in any way, especially after finding out what he does to mutants in his country... Now that's some bull.
    Not to mention shouldn't a diplomat show up in good faith in the first place so he was disrespecting Storm by showing up at her table and lying to her face. So it's definitely a "sure jan." from me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    Agreed. Marvel is terrible at commiting to their own directions.
    I will miss Brand's S.W.O.R.D. and I hope they at least get a decent role in X-men Red.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    1.-As far as I know, we still don't know if Doom is the cause of the Last Annihilation... in what book is it revealed?

2.-Even if he is, Storm still doesn't know about the Last Annihilation. All she knows is that Doom is trying to sell his expertise. All she had to do is say: "No".

3.-Storm is the regent of Sol now. She should act professional. I mean, she is hanging with Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw who have done to her far worse than Doom ever did, and she sit in the council with Mr. Sinister, who killed the Morlocks while she was technically their leader... she can afford being diplomatic to Doom.

Or she could just have said "no, thank you".

If they are angry about what Doom did to these mutants, they could just not invite him to the Gala. Or to dinner. There is no point in trying to pick a fight.

1.-As far as I know, we still don't know if Doom is the cause of the Last Annihilation... in what book is it revealed?

2.-Even if he is, Storm still doesn't know about the Last Annihilation. All she knows is that Doom is trying to sell his expertise. All she had to do is say: "No".

3.-Storm is the regent of Sol now. She should act professional. I mean, she is hanging with Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw who have done to her far worse than Doom ever did, and she sit in the council with Mr. Sinister, who killed the Morlocks while she was technically their leader... she can afford being diplomatic to Doom.

If they are angry about what Doom did to these mutants, they could just not invite him to the Gala. Or to dinner. There is no point in trying to pick a fight.
    You just going to have to read the story yourself, i don't play receipts. Doom is the king of latevria and doesn't show the people who visit there the respect you claim others should be showing him because he is a diplomat. and i'm a doom fan. lmao.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

it was the last issue of guardians of the galaxy, doom admits he set up the events so he could acquire more power (for the upcoming reckoning war)
    and as far as working with sinister she mostly tolerates him like everyone else and at the end of hellions when kwannon starts hitting sinister in the council chamber, charles try's to stop it while storm encourages it, showing she will drop diplomacy for someone who deserves a beating

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    it was the last issue of guardians of the galaxy, doom admits he set up the events so he could acquire more power (for the upcoming reckoning war)
    and as far as working with sinister she mostly tolerates him like everyone else and at the end of hellions when kwannon starts hitting sinister in the council chamber, charles try's to stop it while storm encourages it, showing she will drop diplomacy for someone who deserves a beating
    All this.

It really does surprise me(not sure why anymore) people have such strong opinions on characters and situations in stories they haven't even read.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Because she wanted to dunk on him as she should, for what he did to her turning her into a statue and for being a shitty person in general. It was fun seeing him being subed the entire Convo till she got bored and explained why he truly is an insignificant man in the grand scheme of things a glorified parasite, then left him to do actually important things like lash the unruly arakkii into submission. He didn't tell them something they already didn't know there are problems and they are working on it. Doom can move on.
    Really? This statement is quite ironic since the Last Annihilation event was his design. Not to mention at one point he saved what was left of the multiverse when all else failed and held it together for eight years. Not exactly what I call insignificant. At the end Storm was right not to trust him and I'll gladly eat my words if I said otherwise in that earlier review thread. However that doesn't mean I don't think Storm was arrogant during their dinner, something people like to bash Doom for.

As for the preview I'm looking forward to it. I've always liked Cable from 90's cartoon although admittedly I haven't read much on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Really? This statement is quite ironic since the Last Annihilation event was his design. Not to mention at one point he saved what was left of the multiverse when all else failed and held it together for eight years. Not exactly what I call insignificant. At the end Storm was right not to trust him and I'll gladly eat my words if I said otherwise in that earlier review thread. However that doesn't mean I don't think Storm was arrogant during their dinner, something people like to bash Doom for.

As for the preview I'm looking forward to it. I've always liked Cable from 90's cartoon although admittedly I haven't read much on him.
    I see one of the 'storm should humble herself' crusaders has finally popped up to defend their daddy's fragile honour. Kingdom X, I told you they were alive and kicking and from the looks of it lurking.

Yep like I said he is glorified parasite... Causes more trouble than it's worth. Ultimately a gnat that causes more trouble than it's worth, emphasis on worth. Nothing but an absolute net negative to the well being of the universe.
    And storm simply stated the facts and facts don't care about your feelings. If you or others don't like that you can go argue with your throat idc.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Yep like I said a glorified parasite... Causes more trouble than it's worth. Ultimately a gnat that causes more trouble than it's worth, emphasis on worth.
    Well he's a villain. I never said he's a hero. Still it doesn't change the fact that at one point he saved the reality.