Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Well he's a villain. I never said he's a hero. Still it doesn't change the fact that at one point he saved the reality.
    Most heroes have saved reality at least once in their career many villans too intentionally or unintentionally. Doesn't make doom special, still a net negative to existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Well he's a villain. I never said he's a hero. Still it doesn't change the fact that at one point he saved the reality.
    At least twice
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

That is a truly awesome page!
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-21-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All this.

It really does surprise me(not sure why anymore) people have such strong opinions on characters and situations in stories they haven't even read.
    Oh, I don't have an opinion, strong or otherwise, on the Last Annihilation events. All I have said is that Storm was overreacting and being quite undiplomatic. She didn't know if Doom was trying to trick her, or if he as just trying to cut a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Oh, I don't have an opinion, strong or otherwise, on the Last Annihilation events. All I have said is that Storm was overreacting and being quite undiplomatic. She didn't know if Doom was trying to trick her, or if he as just trying to cut a deal.
    It's doom he is always trying to trick you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    It's doom he is always trying to trick you.
    Depends on the writer, really... sometimes he is skinning alive his lover and selling her soul to a cabal of demons, and sometimes he is saving the life of Susan and Valeria. Doom's characterization swings from good-ish to ultra-evil and back so wildly that compared to him, Xorneto and Michael Xavier look like the same person...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    No you are wrong here. I am not that blunt often or just say someone is wrong but by even your own standards you are wrong and this isn't about receipts its just about facts.

doomwaswrong.jpg

Storm was cordial and listened and not only did Doom know he was the start of this problem it didn't matter if Storm did. From his angle he knew he was behind it all and then tried chastised Storm by saying clearly she needed direction and that he would basically help her clean up the problem he started and afterwards they would discuss payment for the services he rendered. So no she was no arrogant or undiplomatic at all and that is why it matters that the story is read. If you interpret it that way cool, but it's not what the scene was.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This is one of those moments really undercut with the resurrection protocalls. Hell, given that they brought OG Cable back not that long ago its baffling they brought him back with the virus in him.
    We are never going to get an explanation on that are we? I mean mutants who lost limbs have to come back without said missing limbs and so on and so forth and because of reason they won't tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You’d have to read Cable #11 for the complete explanation, but basically Hope told them to resurrect him with the virus. He’s essentially mastered it at this point, and also wants to continue studying it in the event someone tries to weaponize it in the future against the X-men. Furthermore, in the S.W.O.R.D. data pages a very well done explanation is given for it too. Basically, he needs the virus because without it his vast powers could burn his system out without the virus to keep them in check. We’ve actually seen this in the books in the past, and X-man had the same problem. So the TK keeps the virus in check and the virus keeps the TK in check.

In retrospect with what we now know about Apocalypse it makes you wonder if he wasn’t necessarily trying to kill him or even harm him when he infected him as an infant, but rather he was saving his life and helping to harden him for what was to come.
    ...yeah, seems like he would have been better off not having that pesky TOV right as he is trying to move 1000's of tons of metal moving at terminal velocity wouldn't it? But then we wouldn't get this lovely drama i suppose.

Great issue but the weakest issue of sword for me. I just don't believe brand has all those people fooled. she is not that smart nor her plan that great for her to be some mastermind basically bent on wanting to see krakoa destroyed. 4 out of 5 stars everything was good but Brand comes off like in the soap opera world where they say plot shields on top of plot shields. It's too unbelievable for me i guess. Just not buying it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Great issue but the weakest issue of sword for me. I just don't believe brand has all those people fooled. she is not that smart nor her plan that great for her to be some mastermind basically bent on wanting to see krakoa destroyed. 4 out of 5 stars everything was good but Brand comes off like in the soap opera world where they say plot shields on top of plot shields. It's too unbelievable for me i guess. Just not buying it.
    Yes like wow that hurt my brain especially with what we now know about Krakoa's future.

Ewing c'mon you can do better than this. At least she doesn't have many if any fans because I'd feel bad for them. Sheesh.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...yeah, seems like he would have been better off not having that pesky TOV right as he is trying to move 1000's of tons of metal moving at terminal velocity wouldn't it? But then we wouldn't get this lovely drama i suppose.
    Something that huge falling at that seed would definitely burn out his power. The virus helps him stay within his limits, abd it's safer this way though more annoying.

BANNED

Brand's time in the spotlight is coming to an end so now from her perspective she has fooled all those people. The arakko book would explore why that is not the case when storm becomes the central character.

Brand worked with Nick Fury Sr. so it wouldn’t surprise me with this level of subterfuge. This is pretty in character for her as she has said before she will get in bed with anyone or will do anything for her goals.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Brand worked with Nick Fury Sr. so it wouldn’t surprise me with this level of subterfuge. This is pretty in character for her as she has said before she will get in bed with anyone or will do anything for her goals.
    You have no idea how right you are...

This issue was insane.Brand is something else