Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RavynMancer17 View Post
    It's the same thing DC did when some of their New 52 crap didn't really work out for them. Just double-down on the premise until they realized it didn't work and then a few years later tried to retcon again with Rebirth and another saga after that and then after...etc...bigwigs and corporate rats can't admit their wrong. It would make them seem weak and out of touch. Which clearly they are. So they give comic fans hope, stick out a crappy olive branch and then pull a Frank Bohner and it leaves a terrible taste in your mouth. No thanks.

Tommy, Billy, and especially Pietro got the short end of the stick here as well...anyway they screw up Wanda's status quo scews their's up too. Maybe we'll get Axis Part 2 and then they can demonize Wanda some more and saPietro definitely got screwed, I mean, why not at this point.
    Pietro definitely got screwed, I think she's not really his sister that would be better for pietro

Why was this marketed as a Maximoff family thing when Pietro were barely involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post
    Why was this marketed as a Maximoff family thing when Pietro were barely involved?
    Omg Pietro is totally irrelevant to this story besides just grieving over Wanda, yeah they probably should have used him a bit more instead of like, Tony, Cap and Janet but this is NOT about him, and no it wasn't really advertised as a "Maximoff family" thing, there was like 1 or 2 variants with him on it and that's it, the rest was just Wanda/Magneto...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Omg Pietro is totally irrelevant to this story besides just grieving over Wanda, yeah they probably should have used him a bit more instead of like, Tony, Cap and Janet but this is NOT about him, and no it wasn't really advertised as a "Maximoff family" thing, there was like 1 or 2 variants with him on it and that's it, the rest was just Wanda/Magneto...
    It was so unnecessary and as a Quicksilver fan I feel so insulted

For sales. They already admitted that. The title and everything was marketing. And Marvel has had misleading covers and titles since the very beginning of superhero comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Leah Williams stated at one point her plan was for various mutants to essentially becomes gods in a pantheon of deities for Krakoa. Shatterstar was going to be god of war, I forgot if she mentioned any other specific ones.
    Morrigan would be a god of rebirth and healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Whoops wrong thread!
    Last edited by thjan; 12-22-2021 at 03:42 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m not surprised since the X-office is making Krakoa more sustainable than it originally was. A lot of the more morally dubious aspects are getting addressed and taken out. While I liked the moral grays that Hickman painted this era in, I also won’t miss the endless whining about how mutants are now a morally bankrupt cult that don’t have any of their previous values.
    Most definitely!

I never thought of Krakoa being purposefully unsustainable, but now in hindsight it makes total sense especially for the inevitable downfall.

But with the writers superseding Hickman it makes sense they want to milk that Krakoan teat for as long as they can

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Most definitely!

I never thought of Krakoa being purposefully unsustainable, but now in hindsight it makes total sense especially for the inevitable downfall.

But with the writers superseding Hickman it makes sense they want to milk that Krakoan teat for as long as they can
    Honestly I'd be more fine with it once they replace the Quiet Council with an actual government. I didn't mind the religion idea, and Nightcrawler is a good pick even if the Spark...I'm sorry but it still feels very generic. But yeah, a proper government would change things around some.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    "Her people"? The Avengers? Pietro? Or do you mean the Brotherhood? Also how is Erik a disappointment?
    All of them I don't want any character associated with Wanda in X-Books anymore, the brotherhood, Wanda, Polaris, Pietro, the Avengers and Magneto they can all kick rocks. I think Magneto has been a disappointment ever since he didn't vote against Jean Grey's rule to not kill humans.

I won't get my wish and I know they will continue to show up in X-Books and that is fine since I just won't read them. After what happened with Rockslide I have no faith in the X-Line anymore. Once New Mutants ends I will probably just be done with Marvel comics in general if only to protect myself from becoming a anti-fan.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 12-22-2021 at 06:08 PM.

There was good to be had in this issue and it was the best issue of the mini as I said elsewhere. However, the issue was weighted down by previous choices in the story along with limits from on high.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    All of them I don't want any character associated with Wanda in X-Books anymore, the brotherhood, Wanda, Polaris, Pietro, the Avengers and Magneto they can all kick rocks. I think Magneto has been a disappointment ever since he didn't vote against Jean Grey's rule to not kill humans.
    Magneto made clear the state must have a monopoly on violence. War meaning violence from the state directed at other groups or nations for the purpose of coercion was textually something he said he was not including in the matter when agreeing on the no kill rule.

It's no different on Magneto controlled Genosha where the state (in that case Magneto himself) decided when citizens of the state were able to enact violence on others.

They really should have given Billy one extra word bubble just explaining how he was there all of a sudden. Like they were seemingly hiding her death from him and then poof he’s just there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post

I won't get my wish and I know they will continue to show up in X-Books and that is fine since I just won't read them. After what happened with Rockslide I have no faith in the X-Line anymore. Once New Mutants ends I will probably just be done with Marvel comics in general if only to protect myself from becoming a anti-fan.
    Anyone can buy whatever comics they want to or don’t want to. Personal choice. And if you’re done with X-Men that’s fine too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Because like it or not Wanda is an Avengers character and all mutants are by default X-men characters. That's why they changed Franklin from a mutant to a human so that he is a Fantastic four character. Different offices want to maintain control over their characters
    Wanda is also an X-Men character whose actions via Decimation and now her redemption have strongly shaped the X-Men 马上到! quite clearly this has going to continue.

Marvel Comics if you really read them without blinders are predictable. People just have to learn to lose their feelings.

BANNED

It was so unnecessary and as a Quicksilver fan I feel so insulted
    This story was about Wanda’s redemption. Quicksilver was completely unnecessary.