View Poll Results: Who do you think will write JL?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Williamson

5 11.63%
  • Taylor

18 41.86%
  • Waid

13 30.23%
  • Other

7 16.28%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Just keep Wonder Woman on the JL if Taylor's writing it.
    Off, I think you mean .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Off, I think you mean .
    Damned typos.

With the exception Williamson and Adams, I’m not particularly thrilled with many of DCs stable of writers at present. I mean, I’m fine with some of the directions, but a lot of titles doesn’t “feel” like DC to me. It’s been a grind getting through a lot of my pull books and that frustrates me. I love Taylor on Nightwing, but I don’t know if his style is JLA material. Nightwing is a title where it’s cool to flesh things out, JL is a title where there can be character-driven subplots, but it needs more “over-the-top” stuff (Joe Kelly did a great job of this a while back in the 2000s). He’s turned Superman: Son of Kal-El into a soap opera with a superhero background, and it should be vice versa (and I’m not dissing Jon’s sexual preference, I’m stating that I want a super hero comic, not a soap box).

Williamson is overloaded, but after the Crisis in 2022, he would be great here. He can hit the nail on the head with action, drama and fan service. He has an extensive working knowledge of the DC multiverse as a whole and could give us an epically long run we haven’t had in decades.

Johnson is too green and, to be honest, as a life long Superman fan, his Action is kinda…eh. I mean, Mongul is basically Thanos here and if I want fresh, that means I want fresh, not the MCU regurgitation.

Waid would be interesting, as he has the ability to circumvent what’s going on in other titles and make it work in the ultimate team atmosphere. He knows the characters, especially Flash, and can come up with good ideas.

Adams is still a little wet behind the ears, but has made Flash one of my must reads (even the weird reader inclusion issue breaking the wall).

Sadly, there aren’t many writers I am cool with taking over a title which, in all rights, should be a consistent top ten book. Maybe give an older hand like Busiek a shot? I don’t know. I’m afraid DC is sinking their own ship trying to mimic Marvel NOW! ten years after the fact.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Damned typos.

Is Taylor's Wonder Woman usually written poorly?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'd love for JL to move back to "event" status like it was in first half of JLA run (Morrison, Waid, Kelly) and New 52 JL by Johns. So in my ideal scenario Williamson would do his crisis event in the pages of Justice League.

But it probably is going to be Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post

Johnson is too green and, to be honest, as a life long Superman fan, his Action is kinda…eh. I mean, Mongul is basically Thanos here and if I want fresh, that means I want fresh, not the MCU regurgitation.
    What a weird criticism considering Mongul has never been anything except a copycat of Thanos. That’s literally what he was created as! All Johnson has done is actually make him competent and dangerous as opposed to Jurgens having him job to Cyborg Superman as a way to shill Henshaw. Mongul is the master of an entire world full of dangerous gladiators, him attacking Superman personally one on one and constantly getting his ass beat did nothing to establish him as a legit threat.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I mean he's the worst Wonder Woman in her 80 years of existence.

So that would be a yes.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-18-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would be insane but not a chance. DC should be prioritizing him and Hickman the minute they get the opportunity though, letting Hickman slip through their fingers was one of Didio and Lee’s biggest f**kups.
    DC had Hickman and they didn't keep him? Lol.

What did he write when he was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thinking about Taylor...I guess Injustice is a DC Ensemble and he generally spreads character focus fine, his Suicide Squad run developed the non-SS members well, although from what I remember X-Men Red was a Jean Grey solo with the teammates as supporting characters (which is, like, most team books these days).
    X-Men Red's case is a bit more understandable 'cause adult Jean just had resurrected, so bigger focus on her makes sense, but, yeah, sucks for everyone else there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    He wrote Injustice's comic and Diana was a piece of shit there, but it's possible he could write an alright Diana when he doesn't have to write an actively evil one, since Injustice is just a tie-in, Diana had to be evil, same for Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What a weird criticism considering Mongul has never been anything except a copycat of Thanos. That’s literally what he was created as! All Johnson has done is actually make him competent and dangerous as opposed to Jurgens having him job to Cyborg Superman as a way to shill Henshaw. Mongul is the master of an entire world full of dangerous gladiators, him attacking Superman personally one on one and constantly getting his ass beat did nothing to establish him as a legit threat.
    Was Jurgens the one who wrote that Rebirth Supes comic (May have been Action Comics), where Mongul gets jobbed very easily by Zod? Think he got jobbed by a few others too, think Supes didn't struggle too much to defeat him while blind lol.

All the storylines seems that are ending in March and the solcitations are showing that a a new status for them.

keep hickman for the Legion

I’m hoping Taylor is on the Title so We can get the dynamic duo on the team at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    keep hickman for the Legion
    He will need all his brainpower to again make sense of the Legion. Legion of four worlds.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He will need all his brainpower to again make sense of the Legion. Legion of four worlds.
    Just imagine the flow charts
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    DC had Hickman and they didn't keep him? Lol.

What did he write when he was there?
    He was in talks to come to DC for Legion, but then Didio signed Bendis and gave him free reign to do whatever he wanted and Marvel offered Hickman the X-Men. So Hickman went back to Marvel.
    Was Jurgens the one who wrote that Rebirth Supes comic (May have been Action Comics), where Mongul gets jobbed very easily by Zod? Think he got jobbed by a few others too, think Supes didn't struggle too much to defeat him while blind lol.
    Yep. Jurgens has always written Mongul as a jobber. Bendis was an improvement but PKJ’s take on Mongul is the first time I’ve dug Mongul as a Superman villain in ages
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He loves playing with Bendis’ toys however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I haven't read Dceased, but I heard that it ended with Cyborg using the lasso of truth on a zombie Wonder Woman and finding out it could cure the virus or something. Apparently Wonder Woman herself never thought about using her main tool before she became a Zombie.