Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Zorro Series Starring Wilmer Valderrama In development

So this makes 3 zorro tv projects in development?
    Wish they would just do another movie this sounds better than the computer hackers one but I'd rather the Robert Rodriguez female zorro to be honest.
    https://screenrant.com/zorro-tv-show...er-valderrama/
    Last edited by choptop; 12-17-2021 at 07:16 PM.

I think a tv series might actually be better if only because I think a studio would feel the need to make the movie so overblown and over-the-top with action, it'll end up being like that last Robin Hood. I'd rather see some cool sword fights and more grounded action rather than CGI insanity. I also think the movie would only have time to pay lip service to the larger societal issues that a Zorro series could explore with a lot more depth and sincerity. And it would only be a good thing to have more Mexicans and Mexican-Americans maintain an ongoing presence in the media landscape.

I wonder if Valderrama will use this as a way to bring back his comedic side, as I recall some iterations of Zorro's dual-identity were played for laughs.

(side note, I'm pretty sure there was a female Zorro at some point, though I don't recall any details. It might've even just been a tv movie...?)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-17-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Ultimate Member

Isn't Zorro basically part of the 'landed gentry'?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think a tv series might actually be better if only because I think a studio would feel the need to make the movie so overblown and over-the-top with action, it'll end up being like that last Robin Hood. I'd rather see some cool sword fights and more grounded action rather than CGI insanity. I also think the movie would only have time to pay lip service to the larger societal issues that a Zorro series could explore with a lot more depth and sincerity. And it would only be a good thing to have more Mexicans and Mexican-Americans maintain an ongoing presence in the media landscape.

I wonder if Valderrama will use this as a way to bring back his comedic side, as I recall some iterations of Zorro's dual-identity were played for laughs.

(side note, I'm pretty sure there was a female Zorro at some point, though I don't recall any details. It might've even just been a tv movie...?)
    Does zorro even really need any CGI in it?

I liked the period piece angle and I think that's the best angle for him.

I have a fondness for Zorro, so I hope this goes well. I hope they strike a good balance between having some fun with it while still keeping the action and stakes serious.

I also forgot about Z the zorro movie set in the future I wonder if that the female zorro and computer hacker zorro are still happening?

Queen of Swords, the 2000 TV series.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Zorro, hell yes.

Wilmer starring in it.....ugh....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Zorro, hell yes.

Give Fez a chance....! (I haven't seen him in whatever NCIS show he's on though - is he terrible in that?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...998.html%3famp

Zorro is allegedly based off a real life person. So you could use Zorro as a way to explore this person's life and legacy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-18-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Ultimate Member

Give Fez a chance....! (I haven't seen him in whatever NCIS show he's on though - is he terrible in that?)
    He's on NCIS, the main show that spawned the other two...which is now in it's 19th season if memory serves...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Zorro, hell yes.

For me it's the telenovela angle.

I was looking forward for a Zorro reboot for so long that this isn't good news at all but I'm sure it will garner an audience.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

You guys know that Zorro plus Sherlock Holmes equals Batman, right?

^^^ha, no, he’s not terrible in it at all.

Aside from being on the short side at 5’8”, he’s in good shape physically, esp. for a character like Zorro, who isn’t meant to be the biggest guy in the room but rather outskills/out thinks his opponents instead.

I’m always up for a new Zorro project, I’ve been a fan of his since I was a kid, from Tyrone Power to Guy Williams to Antonio Banderas and yeah, even George Hamilton.