Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

For instance, I could do without Nubia because she doesn't interest me at all. I want Wonder Woman to be the focus of different books, preferably in continuity and with a consistent powerset. And, I don't want her flightless or spidey level strength as you always want.
    Okay. I hope 2022 is a year where Wonder is portrayed in a way you find respectful.

Fantastic Member

Do you elaborate on all your opinions on this board? Does everyone need to write a paragraph if they just don't like something?

For instance, I could do without Nubia because she doesn't interest me at all. I want Wonder Woman to be the focus of different books, preferably in continuity and with a consistent powerset. And, I don't want her flightless or spidey level strength as you always want.
    Do you want the Invisible Jet to stay or go away?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Do you want the Invisible Jet to stay or go away?
    If it's at the cost of her power of flight, then no.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

First time checking out the WW boards…

Yeah, a solid year for sure.

Didn’t see WW84, but heard I didn’t miss much. Would still like to see it though.

Good:
    The comics have been pretty solid, particularly the main book. Cloonan/Conrad hit the ground running, I love the writing overall, although I thought the first arc dragged a tad. Some of it had a D&D feel with side-quests and whatnot (meant as a compliment). And bonus points for the Deadman appearances, particularly his gushing over the opportunity to grab some brekkie in Iceland, heh.

Really enjoyed the Young Diana backups where she was secretly discovering the hidden history of the island and the Amazons. Pretty great art that fit the story perfectly. The recent backups with Bana-Mighdall have been good too.

I have enjoyed Wonder Girl well enough but I’d echo the frustrating nature of the delays.

Overall they’re in a good spot to carry the momentum through the next year, esp with the upcoming major story arc.

Bad:
    I don’t have Historia yet.

And yes, poor, poor George…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Mediocre year. Her game is great news. But that one won't come until a few years from now. Based on what we did get in 2021. It'ds been mediocre. This was her 80th aniverssary let's remember that. And she is still treated as a jobber in DC. So yeah. Mediocre year.

GOOD
    - Cloonan & Conrad's Run
    I rely mostly on trades these days, so I'm only just getting into this run now. I'm liking what I see so far. They have a good sense of Diana's voice and personality, and I like when writers take her on big outside-the-box adventures. Been hearing good things about the rest of the run thus far, so I'm looking forward to continuing.

- Video Game
    Long overdue and most welcome to see Wonder Woman finally get her own video game. We don't know much, but what info we have gotten has been encouraging in regard to portraying Diana as a peace-minded figure.

- Historia
    Cool to see Wonder Woman get a big, ambitious world-building book. Still waiting for my copy, but most of what I've heard about this book has been glowing.

- More Content in General
    It's pretty great we're seeing so many spin-offs and side projects. Regardless of how the finished product turns out, we got Evolution, Black & Gold, Historia, Nubia & the Amazons, Wonder Girl, Sensation Comics might be back, an upcoming event in Trial of the Amazons. Not every one of these books is or will be a home run, but I'm glad they exist and that DC is finally showing some confidence in Wonder Woman as a brand.

- Nubia
    Glad to see Nubia is getting an increased presence. Wonder Woman's supporting cast needs more love & consistency, and she's a welcome addition. I hope she sticks around and doesn't get forgotten when the next writer(s) come around. We just need more Artemis in Diana's life, too.

- Wonder Woman 3
    WW84 had major problems and definitely dimmed Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman in a lot of people's eyes. But it's still good that, in spite of this, they are moving forward with a third movie. Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and end the trilogy on a high note.

BAD
    - Shared Universe Blues
    Unfortunately, Diana is still treated like an afterthought or worse whenever she appears outside her corner of the universe. Justice League is business as usual. DC vs. Vampires turned out to be a slap in the face. Dark Knights of Steel has only just started, but nothing good ever happens when Tom Taylor writes her.

- Zack Snyder's Justice League
    It was bad enough the first time. I did not need to see this piece of crap go out of its way to make Wonder Woman look like a superfluous piss-ant AGAIN.

- Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League
    The title and premise says it all. Based on the trailers, we're in for Diana getting her s**t wrecked by brainwashed Superman at least. Maybe she'll get her ass kicked by Harley to rub salt on the wound, too.

- Evolution DOA
    As said, I am glad we're getting more Wonder Woman content, but--and I know we're only two issues deep--it's amazing how fast my enthusiasm for this book dropped with every word the writer & artist said hyping it up. Looks like another dirge about Diana isn't human and doesn't understand humans and blah-blah-blah.

NEUTRAL
    - Death Metal
    On the one hand, this was not a Wonder Woman story at all despite what Scott Snyder said. It was also a barely comprehensible mess. But, credit where it's due, when it came down to it, he gave her the big Hero moment in a major crossover event. Would've been nice if it happened in a better story, but it's still more than she's ever gotten in any other DC event.

- Loose Continuity
    On the one hand, I don't mind the 'anything goes' approach we see in stuff like Black & Gold. But, as I've said in other threads, I don't like Wonder Woman being present for World War II and I get depressed when it's referenced in mainline books.

Overall, I'd say this year was a mixed bag as they often are.
    There was a lot to enjoy, things are improving in certain ares, and there's stuff to look forward to and hope for. But there's still the usual bad stuff, and it's usually the same bad stuff that plagues Diana every year.

We've still a long way to go, but we're doing better than we have in previous years.

Can't a guy have an opinion?
    I'll say! We're all Kangaliers, here...like a roundtable thing. Thanks, BTB.

Do you elaborate on all your opinions on this board? Does everyone need to write a paragraph if they just don't like something?

Honestly, I'm not in love, with what's happening, with Nubia. I think we wanted a Speed Racer/Racer X dynamic, for her relationship with Diana, ..as in the pre-Crisis days - Nubia, being the scarred, battle-tested veteran, watching over her homeland, from a distance. Queen Nubia looks like a pizza, nobody ordered - no WW fans, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There's no need to get so defensive on someone else's behalf.
    It seems that BTB was arguing the merit of the tenets of our fellowship, as Kangaliers. We have something special here, Nysanne, ..worth preserving. I'm grateful for BTB's holding up for that, ..and I'd do the same for you or even Alpha.

BTB is like our personal ARGUS Defense Citadel...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Cmon dude. Mel Dyer was more than happy to discuss his opinions with me in private. Anyone is welcome not to respond. I ain't attacking nobody. I just asked a question.
    I enjoyed our private discussion about my serious problems, with Noobs, very much, Alpha. Might even get a blogpost out of it, for Wondabunga!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-28-2021 at 10:50 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!