Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Movie Green Goblin vs Movie Loki with a twist.

That's right.

Loki has no illusions and no daggers, Norman has no glider, blades or pumpin bombs, this is a straight melee fight.

Fight takes place in a multi storied abandoned building, what happens?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    That's right.

Loki has no illusions and no daggers, Norman has no glider, blades or pumpin bombs, this is a straight melee fight.

Fight takes place in a multi storied abandoned building, what happens?
    Gobby is strong as hell, but I'm leery on that leaving any permanent mark on Loki. Dude has survived some pretty ridiculous stuff. "Puny God," explosive arrow and huge fall, hits from his brother, falling out of the Bifrost, damn near no-selling everything MCU Cap could give, etc. Strength should be close enough, with Loki showing himself equal at least in strength to Valkyrie, who, when drunk, grabs a dude with one hand and launches him hundreds of feet and who jujitsus MCU savage Hulk like it ain't no thing. There isn't really much of a speed edge either way : Normie fought well against Holland, Loki fights well against Thor more than once - and Loki is more skilled.

Edge Loki: strength is close, speed is close, Loki has edges in durability and skill.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

i agree with most of your points but, just to play devil's advocate..

It's been a long time since i seen the loki thor fights, but i don't think Thor has ever really hit loki with killing intent? The explosive arrow and no selling cap hits are things i see the goblin doing as well.

spoilers:
    Goblin took multiple hits form a semi serious peter in the face and all that did was making him laugh and smile like a maniac
    end of spoilers

His " puny god" feat is probably his best durability feat, but all he did was survive a 5 second ragdolling onslaught , which was impressive, but it took him out of the movie. could goblin have survived that without dying? i think there is a decent chance he could.

speed is really iffy, but i guess both are going to eat each others hits anyway, so if one is faster, it won't matter too much either way.
    as for skill, i'm not sure that goes to loki that easily, lore wise sure, he is thousands of years old and trained. but feat wise they seem even me?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i agree with most of your points but, just to play devil's advocate..

It's been a long time since i seen the loki thor fights, but i don't think Thor has ever really hit loki with killing intent? The explosive arrow and no selling cap hits are things i see the goblin doing as well.

spoilers:
    Goblin took multiple hits form a semi serious peter in the face and all that did was making him laugh and smile like a maniac
    end of spoilers

His " puny god" feat is probably his best durability feat, but all he did was survive a 5 second ragdolling onslaught , which was impressive, but it took him out of the movie. could goblin have survived that without dying? i think there is a decent chance he could.

speed is really iffy, but i guess both are going to eat each others hits anyway, so if one is faster, it won't matter too much either way.
    as for skill, i'm not sure that goes to loki that easily, lore wise sure, he is thousands of years old and trained. but feat wise they seem even me?
    True enough that, generally speaking, Thor is pulling punches somewhat when fighting Loki. However, he doesn't pull them a few times and Loki isn't just instantly gelatined. Thor generally wins-ish the fight right about then, but Loki isn't dead or crippled.

We also forgot "no-sells assault rifle fire" for Loki.

For skill, Loki's on-screen skill is pretty damned good. He's more agile than Gobby and moves better.

I don't think it's an easy win for Loki, but I think his edges in durability and displayed skill are likely to be telling.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Loki would win because he is Asgardian strong and has Frost giant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Loki would win because he is Asgardian strong and has Frost giant powers.
    I agree on the victor, but that is most definitely not how we do discussions around here. You can read the stickies to learn the rules. :-)

Ultimate Member

I think looking at Loki's high-end physical feats, he's somewhat above Osborn.

But in a straight fist fight with Norman, he might have to work for that win.

Loki's physical feats have pretty much dried up since Phase 1 of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree on the victor, but that is most definitely not how we do discussions around here. You can read the stickies to learn the rules. :-)
    Loopholes pal. .

His Frost giant heritage isn't a magic spell. It's an innate ability he could exploit.

The only frost giant racial ability he has displayed is cold-immunity. That's how he discovered his heritage in the first place. Do frost giants even HAVE any other racial abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The only frost giant racial ability he has displayed is cold-immunity. That's how he discovered his heritage in the first place. Do frost giants even HAVE any other racial abilities?
    The ability to be really big. Which Loki doesn’t have.

No but he's still stronger than most humans. So Norman has his work cut out for him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    No but he's still stronger than most humans. So Norman has his work cut out for him.
    But Norman is also stronger than most humans. He’s explicitly superhuman. That’s why the debate is even happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    But Norman is also stronger than most humans. He’s explicitly superhuman. That’s why the debate is even happening.
    I get it but Loki is stronger and better trained in a fight. Without his tech, Norman is at a disadvantage. He ain't Bullseye so he can't weaponize the office building. He could try but it's less chance for a success.

That's why I'm team Loki.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Taking off the chains and giving each their full potential is more interesting to me
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Didn't he make that ice tree in Thor 1?