Default Will Bad Batch introduce TIE fighters and Imperial Star Destroyers?

The first season dealt a lot with the origins of the Stormtroopers, yet still used Clone Wars era tech for everything else.

Anybody think the familiar ships will appear in season 2? We know that the ships are around by the time of SOLO (10 years before Star Wars).

Also be cool if they threw in the older type AT-ATs, which recently showed up in Fallen Order.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The first season dealt a lot with the origins of the Stormtroopers, yet still used Clone Wars era tech for everything else.

Anybody think the familiar ships will appear in season 2? We know that the ships are around by the time of SOLO (10 years before Star Wars).

Also be cool if they threw in the older type AT-ATs, which recently showed up in Fallen Order.
    We may see some prototypes. I wouldn't expect to see them in widespread use. Part of the thematic essence of the show is the Batch being in a galaxy that looks just like the Republic but ISN'T. The Empire will clearly continue to drift towards what we see later, as with the TK troopers and possibly early TIEs and such, but I'm not sure they want to jettison too much of the Clone Wars era stuff too quickly.

That said, if we don't get to see the first ever Imperial Star Destroyer(s) in this show at some point, I'm going to assume Filoni was asleep at the wheel. That does feel like a no brainer. Maybe not for S2, depending on how ambitious they feel with how long the show might sustain itself. But eventually.

Extraordinary Member

The Victory-class Star Destroyers could serve as a cool transition design between the Early Empire and the OT Empire.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The Victory-class Star Destroyers could serve as a cool transition design between the Early Empire and the OT Empire.
    This is one of my big hopes, personally. I would love to see the Vic officially canonized onscreen. Filoni seems to love playing with EU stuff, and it fits perfectly with both the timing and the themes.

It's still very much canon-right from the beginning of Disney's EU-it's in TARKIN and in a few issues of Marvel's first Darth Vader series. It's also featured heavily in the card/miniatures/role-playing games.

Although as yet it's not shown up in any live action or animated as mentioned.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth