Extraordinary Member

Default Charlotte Katakuri vs. Animal Kingdom Pirates

I think we're at a point where we can do this now.

The second son of the Charlotte family runs a gauntlet consisting of the top members of the Animal Kingdom Pirates. Katakuri gets healed and restored between each fight until he is defeated.

The fight order will be based on the opponents' bounties, starting at the lowest and ending with the highest.

1. Page One
    2. Ulti
    3. Sasaki
    4. Black Maria
    5. Who's-Who
    6. Jack
    7. Queen
    8. King
    9. Kaido

How far does Katakurai go?

8 or 9. Katakuri vs King strikes me as too even to call.

To elaborate:King, Queen and Katakuri both scale to about the same tier. But Queen's fighting style relies heavily on surprise, which doesn't help him at all against a guy who senses your hidden power with so much accuracy he even knows its name. King's a more skilled, straightforward fighter. The question is whether Katakuri can deal enough damage through King's absurd durability, but at least his foresight should help him figure out King's physiology faster than Zoro did. Whether that's enough without advanced armaent or conqueror's-infused attacks is hard to say. Either way the fight's going to take forever.
    Last edited by Morning; 12-25-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    8 or 9. Katakuri vs King strikes me as too even to call.

To elaborate:King, Queen and Katakuri both scale to about the same tier. But Queen's fighting style relies heavily on surprise, which doesn't help him at all against a guy who senses your hidden power with so much accuracy he even knows its name. King's a more skilled, straightforward fighter. The question is whether Katakuri can deal enough damage through King's absurd durability, but at least his foresight should help him figure out King's physiology faster than Zoro did. Whether that's enough without advanced armaent or conqueror's-infused attacks is hard to say. Either way the fight's going to take forever.
    Poor Jack, dude is the first billion bounty we see in the series, but by feats he just doesn't quite cut it with his supposed peers. He can fight for a long time, but that's not gonna help when he doesn't have the feats to tag his opponent, Katakuri in this case.

I can see your reasoning for Katakuri beating Queen as well. While Queen does have the power to mess up Katakuri if he can get in some hits, getting those hits is going to be tough. Doesn't help that Queen doesn't seem entirely used to a few of his own cyborg enhancements (see him shooting himself with his own missiles). So, Kakakuri is probably more than nimble enough to wear Queen down.

If one judges that Katakuri can't hurt King, then that fight is going to take forever indeed since I don't know if King can risk switching off his defense against Katakuri's foresight (if Zoro can react to and tag King then Katakuri can absolutely do the same).