Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

now you can delete the thread about MArvel shelving Punisher, because he didn't appear in a comic for a few months
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Marvel is a subsidiary of Disney which is one of the 6 multinationals that own most of the media we consume and Marvel's president is a BIG Trump supporter. Marvel is not "woke"....
    Right. Because Corporations would never push Wokeism as opposed to policies that would actually promote economic equity and threaten the wealth and power of the individuals who control said corporations.

What was I thinking.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Right. Because Corporations would never push Wokeism as opposed to policies that would actually promote economic equity and threaten the wealth and power of the individuals who control said corporations.

What was I thinking.
    Er, yeah... Marvel isn't promoting policies that would actually promote economic equity and threaten the wealth and power of the individuals who control said corporations by doing a story where they temporarily change the logo of a major hero before they change him back a year later. So no...they aren't so-called "Woke".

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Wokeism is white saviorism.
    Tell me you don't know what 'woke' is without telling me you don't know what 'woke' is.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    now you can delete the thread about MArvel shelving Punisher, because he didn't appear in a comic for a few months
    Exactly.

It's so funny that people get in such a tizzy when a character is not seen for a while, some of us have been waiting years for a decent Wonder Man run!

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    Does Marvel plan on letting Ennis finish the last storyline he started? Thanks.
    Along with Punisher: Get Fury? Or are they waiting for Goran Parlov to fully recover?

Of course Jason Aaron likes Tom King's work. BWA-HAHAHA!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

in particular Strange Adventures... *sigh*
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    in particular Strange Adventures... *sigh*
    Marvel is probably going to make a bunch of variant covers and speculators are going to buy up all the issues. It's going to be a hit. It doesn't have to be good. Can someone call the 1990s and ask it how it feels to no longer be the worst decade when it comes to comics
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-22-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Interested in this for sure. I'm good with the series, but I am curious how Aaron will explain why Frank will work with the Hand. Or, for me especially, why he'll give up the skull symbol.

As an aside, I've seen the various threads on the Punisher and the symbol. My own thoughts? I would still like to see it. Frank and the Punisher symbol are inextricably connected. And yes, part of me is attracted to the character because of the guns and violence. It's damn cool seeing Frank blast the bad guys with M-60's, shotguns, and M-16's. On another level, I agree that there is a time when that kind of violence is necessary. There is true evil in this world. Really horrific, terrible stuff. I've talked with police officers who've walked in into crime scenes and listened to interviews with soldiers who have seen real human depravity, the murderers, the rapists, the child killers. For them, you're damn right blasting away the bad guy is absolutely warranted. Hence, why I understand why the symbol is so important to those communities.

However, I understand why the symbol needs to change. Because certain individuals, those of a certain political stripe, feel that the Punisher's level of force is warranted against a certain group. I don't think Punisher's force is needed there. Daredevil's, Spider-Man's, and Cap's could be. Cap especially. Because Cap would talk and engage in dialogue. And that's what we need.

This has been making the rounds. I think it's been shared as well. But Frank knows the difference between what he does and what copycat's do. This is the classic scene from Ennis' first run on The Punisher, where he confronts The Holy, The Elite, and Mr. Payback, three individuals who are inspired by Frank:

I'd argue that many law enforcement and soldiers know the difference between what they and the Punisher do. I'd suggest people who are both for and against the symbol understand what the other side means with the symbol.

But I digress. Aaron has written a great Frank Castle in the past. His run on Punisher Max was a classic. Where will Frank go in Aaron's series? Does he become the leader of the Hand? I'm interested in seeing what happens next.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 12-22-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Fantastic Member

I'll Marvel Unlimited it as and when the issues start to trickle in. If I enjoy it, sure I'll grab the trade once the series is done.

I just hope that we get Punisher MAX quality Aaron and not Avengers quality Aaron.

Spectacular Member

Ugh. I really, REALLY hope that the new symbol is for this story only. It's atrocious.

BANNED

Frank is going to cry in this like Matt that he is just a scared bed wetting baby and he hates violence but his wife cuckolded him so he just can't help it. He will then have daddy issues just because and will forever go through life fearing ninjas and whether he is on the verge of being possessed by the beast once again. Thor and Matt will welcome him to the misery club after this.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd rather re-read Scalped