Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 137
  1. #106
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Never watched that, how was it?
    It was...different. Not necesarilly a bad interpretation and it was kind of stuck in this weird limbo of being a movie tie-in yet not being a movie tie-in to the Raimi movies, but it was an interesting approach to a CGI adult Spider-Man cartoon.

    Also Neil Patrick Harris was Spidey in it.

  2. #107
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vordan View Post
    never watched that, how was it?
    That show was fire and no one will tell me otherwise!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  3. #108
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Never watched that, how was it?
    This question isn’t directed at me, but I’ll answer anyway it’s a fun show but it ends on a worse cliffhanger than Spectacular Spider-Man.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  4. #109
    Astonishing Member DochaDocha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This question isn’t directed at me, but I’ll answer anyway it’s a fun show but it ends on a worse cliffhanger than Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Seeing how the Fox Kids Spider-man also ended with an important unresolved plot point, I guess they hit a trifecta.

    And no, skipping the resolution to said plot point and resuming post-resolution in Spider-man Unlimited doesn't count.

  5. #110
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Seeing how the Fox Kids Spider-man also ended with an important unresolved plot point, I guess they hit a trifecta.

    And no, skipping the resolution to said plot point and resuming post-resolution in Spider-man Unlimited doesn't count.
    Interesting how they handled Aunt May finding out about Peter at the end of Homecoming the same way in the later films.

  6. #111
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember him writing the pilot for the MTV Spider-Man cartoon, if I remember right.
    That does make a lot of sense. The MJ on that show seemed less like Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane and more like Ultimate Mary Jane.

  7. #112
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,436

    Default

    Bendis has been posting clips of the old LoSH cartoon on Twitter so at least we know he’s seen it

    Oh and there will be a Q&A on DC Universe so if anyone has an account and wants to ask questions (about Legion), you can head there: https://community.dcuniverseinfinite...pm-est/3175364
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  8. #113
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis has been posting clips of the old LoSH cartoon on Twitter so at least we know he’s seen it

    Oh and there will be a Q&A on DC Universe so if anyone has an account and wants to ask questions (about Legion), you can head there: https://community.dcuniverseinfinite...pm-est/3175364
    Great, Jon's gonna steal the Brainiac 5 romance from his dad on this show. Boo!

  9. #114
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That does make a lot of sense. The MJ on that show seemed less like Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane and more like Ultimate Mary Jane.
    That show was originally developed as a adaption of Brian Micheal Bendis’s Ultimate Comics but it then got changed to being a pseudo-continuation of SM1, even though the characters act and look nothing like their Raimi film counterparts despite supposedly sharing the same status quo. The series’s tone is obviously more like the more serious and realistic Ultimate comics than the more goofier & stylized Raimi series it’s continuity draws inspiration from. It’s a good show, but it shouldn’t have bothered to tie into the Raimi movies at all since it contradicts them several times anyway. For example, Curt Connors turns into the Lizard and dies in that show, while in SM2 he’s shown to be alive and well, and hasn’t transformed at all.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-29-2022 at 10:00 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  10. #115

    Default

    I'm hoping 2011 Legion Lost gets adapted for Superman and Lois.

  11. #116
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping 2011 Legion Lost gets adapted for Superman and Lois.
    I think the Legion is too out there for S&L. The writers for that show seem to prefer the Post Crisis era where Superman had no connection to the LoSH, and they seem to want to keep things “grounded”. Sadly I doubt we’ll see the Legion there (and with this show in the works the Legion might get flat out embargoed from being used anywhere else).
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  12. #117
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think the Legion is too out there for S&L. The writers for that show seem to prefer the Post Crisis era where Superman had no connection to the LoSH, and they seem to want to keep things “grounded”. Sadly I doubt we’ll see the Legion there (and with this show in the works the Legion might get flat out embargoed from being used anywhere else).
    What makes you think they prefer post crisis? Also, not sure how "grounded" it is with alien invasions via what basically is a alien demonic possession machine and strangers from another earth. It's only grounded in the sense it keeps it a more smaller, personal family focused sort of story. Going more for a believable characterization and relatable real world social dynamics. But again, evil space alien demonic possession machines.

  13. #118
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Great, Jon's gonna steal the Brainiac 5 romance from his dad on this show. Boo!
    Jon is basically wearing superman x's gear in comics.I hope they get rid of the cape like him as well..

    The dude was kickass...A bit grouchy though..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-30-2022 at 02:25 AM.
    "Peopleís Dreams... Have No Ends"

  14. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think the Legion is too out there for S&L. The writers for that show seem to prefer the Post Crisis era where Superman had no connection to the LoSH, and they seem to want to keep things “grounded”. Sadly I doubt we’ll see the Legion there (and with this show in the works the Legion might get flat out embargoed from being used anywhere else).
    2011 Legion lost doesn't require Clark knowing who these characters are. There's a lot of drama you could mine out of the Legion having to fight their idol. And the bulk of that story takes place in the present so it's cheaper to do.

    Don't get me wrong, I'd love if they adapted that John's story where Clark had to deal with a xenophobic 31st century. But I'd settle for the 2011 Legion Lost.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2022 at 11:39 AM.

  15. #120
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,436

    Default

    Speaking of LEGION OF SUPERHEROES, I just handed in the second draft of the Legion pilot to HBO max. I had a blast doing it. It was all the right kinds of challenging. Will it get made? Hey, its show business! Anything can happen. It is now in the Warner’s machine. Today I feel a tiny window of actual accomplishment so I thought I would share.

    Oh, and, long live the legion!
    https://brianmichaelbendis.substack....utm_medium=web
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •