Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Knowing how long animation takes, It'll probably be a while before we see anything more unless they've announced it's gone to series...although I'll be surprised if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Knowing how long animation takes, It'll probably be a while before we see anything more unless they've announced it's gone to series...although I'll be surprised if it doesn't.
    If they cancel YJ they’ll have an open spot I guess, although hopefully the success of Invincible and Arcane shows the value of mature animation shows when it comes to attracting subs for these streaming services. And WBD does want to “revitalize” Superman which a Legion show would help do…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they cancel YJ they’ll have an open spot I guess, although hopefully the success of Invincible and Arcane shows the value of mature animation shows when it comes to attracting subs for these streaming services. And WBD does want to “revitalize” Superman which a Legion show would help do…
    I want more (quality) DC Animation in general .

I want more (quality) DC Animation in general .
    With Bendis attached, I question the (writting) quality of the show.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    With Bendis attached, I question the (writting) quality of the show.
    Long as he isn’t the only one writing I’d still be interested. He’s a good idea man, but the execution isn’t always the best.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I still want more of the YJ Legion than a Bendis Legion show .

Long as he isn’t the only one writing I’d still be interested. He’s a good idea man, but the execution isn’t always the best.
    The question if he is going to be one of the writers or the showrunner/chief writer of the show. That can make a world of difference.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The horror could be than Bendis pitched his Legion as an spin-off of Young Justice and got the chance to write the Young Justice next season (if there is a next season).

Hot take but Weisman would be an awful choice for Legion. He can’t handle large casts well at all going off of S3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The question if he is going to be one of the writers or the showrunner/chief writer of the show. That can make a world of difference.
    He’d definitely be in a position of authority given he’s the one who pitched them the idea of doing a Legion show in the first place and is writing the pilot, but I doubt he’d be the show runner. He doesn’t have any experience doing that.

when is the show supposed to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when is the show supposed to come out?
    Right now Bendis has just submitted a second draft of the pilot script. It hasn’t been greenlit yet, so they may reject it and it won’t happen, or they may order it to series.

Hot take but Weisman would be an awful choice for Legion. He can’t handle large casts well at all going off of S3.
    Well, neither can Bendis, but here we are .

In all seriousness, I've just really liked what we've seen of the Legion so far on the show, and I think the designs are better than Sook's.

Right now Bendis has just submitted a second draft of the pilot script. It hasn’t been greenlit yet, so they may reject it and it won’t happen, or they may order it to series.
    Option one please.

Bendis's strong point is teenage characters. This can be something that's fun at the very least.

Teenagers on an adult oriented series. Yes, that is going to work so well.