Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

This show, if it happens, would definitely have its own art style, but I don’t think it will be trying to recreate Sook’s designs. The more detailed the designs the harder they are to animate, it’s why Spectacular Spider-Man has much better animation compared to the 90s Spidey cartoon. Sook is very detailed and would be a massive pain to animate without a very big budget.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I still haven't seen the Injustice movie, but ugly as **** art style and voice direction alone I fully support the idea that was made by people who hate Injustice and wanted to do injustice to it and fans of it. And the petty glee people had here that it was so bad was just disgusting. I get that a lot of us hate the game for making Superman a fascist villain to make Batman look cool, but wishing for things to suck as a big "**** you" to the fans of it is just shameless trolling.
    I can't say if they hated it or if it was purely a cash-grab but we may never know.

I think Injustice does have a bit too much favoritism and genuine narrative/characterization issues (particularly for Superman and Wonder Woman) and blatant favoritism (Cough)Batman and Harley(Cough) though I've never begrduged anyone who enjoys the game. Just...don't view that as reflective of the main versions .
    I like the YJ and Tucker-verse art style (even if I'm the only one who does here), so that is good.
    I don't know what the Ryan Sook designs look like. The only thing I've heard against the Bendis era redesigns have been about race bending certain characters.
    I was more against how "out there" or excessive some of the designs were to the point that that they don't really look quite like themselves. Phantom Girl in particular looks nothing like herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This show, if it happens, would definitely have its own art style, but I don’t think it will be trying to recreate Sook’s designs. The more detailed the designs the harder they are to animate, it’s why Spectacular Spider-Man has much better animation compared to the 90s Spidey cartoon. Sook is very detailed and would be a massive pain to animate without a very big budget.
    True, budget does tend to simplify even the most complex design into something much less detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't say if they hated it or if it was purely a cash-grab but we may never know.

I think Injustice does have a bit too much favoritism and genuine narrative/characterization issues (particularly for Superman and Wonder Woman) and blatant favoritism (Cough)Batman and Harley(Cough) though I've never begrduged anyone who enjoys the game. Just...don't view that as reflective of the main versions .
    This is one of the very rare things I think that we do agree on. Still, I deplore people celebrating things at others expense. Kinda like how I felt the need to tamper my joy with the ending of Apokolips War, because as happy as I was to see that universe end, I didn't want to be a dick to those upset to see it go so violently. I don't know, but the posts around here after the movie dropped really irked me. Superman wouldn't approve, except maybe the villainous ones...

I was more against how "out there" or excessive some of the designs were to the point that that they don't really look quite like themselves. Phantom Girl in particular looks nothing like herself.
    I'd really need like a pic comparing them to get it.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're still doing those, though.

That's the sense and vibe I got from reading interviews and watching it myself, but obviously if you didn't enjoy it then I don't think the creators intentions would probably make a difference.

Although I do have my suspicions about the Injustice movie.

I don't think it'll look like the Tomorrow-verse. If anything it'd probably look like YJ but with the Ryan Sook designs (which I dislike, but c'est la vie).

Whatever the case it'll probably look better than last few 2D Marvel cartoons. Now those looked flat.
    You're right, but I mean as they were pre-JL War. Guess I'm just getting shared universe fatigue.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seems like Bendis may have finished the pilot script? https://www.instagram.com/p/CfsI4H6vDRo/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems like Bendis may have finished the pilot script? https://www.instagram.com/p/CfsI4H6vDRo/
    Oh damn he’s on his third draft then? Wonder if he’s posting that because it just got greenlit
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I never was to see naked sand Dream Girl again! And some of those designs would be too laborious to create -- especially Projectra and White Witch. I love Sook as an artist. As a designer, no thanks.

Oh damn he’s on his third draft then? Wonder if he’s posting that because it just got greenlit
    Dunno. How many drafts are done before the bosses green light a series? I understand than sometimes there can be a development hell and pilots are wrote and rewrote, but someone knows how is done with an animated series? Is a third draft in the normal or there are more rewrittings?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Honestly, I never was to see naked sand Dream Girl again! And some of those designs would be too laborious to create -- especially Projectra and White Witch. I love Sook as an artist. As a designer, no thanks.
    I doubt we will see a "Dream Girl" in the series. Try more with "Dreamer".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Dunno. How many drafts are done before the bosses green light a series? I understand than sometimes there can be a development hell and pilots are wrote and rewrote, but someone knows how is done with an animated series? Is a third draft in the normal or there are more rewrittings?
    Wouldn’t know personally. If he’s still writing drafts and talking to execs then it means it hasn’t been scrapped or abandoned so there’s still a chance it could get greenlit. If they actually cancelled YJ the way some people think given that hasn’t been renewed, maybe they want this as a replacement?

Wouldn’t know personally. If he’s still writing drafts and talking to execs then it means it hasn’t been scrapped or abandoned so there’s still a chance it could get greenlit. If they actually cancelled YJ the way some people think given that hasn’t been renewed, maybe they want this as a replacement?
    If Bendis' Legion is going to replace Young Justice, or if it knows than something like that could happen, I think than the Legion series second obstacle will be face the attack of the more radical sectors of the Young Justice series fanbase.

If Bendis' Legion is going to replace Young Justice, or if it knows than something like that could happen, I think than the Legion series second obstacle will be face the attack of the more radical sectors of the Young Justice series fanbase.
    They might bitch on Twitter but I doubt their “attacks” would actually affect anything. There has been discontent about YJ for a while so that fanbase isn’t as rabid as it used to be.

I had not comented on this but with the whole wave of layoffs and cancellations of highly development porojects, I wonder how high are the chances to see this series even being launched.

I had not comented on this but with the whole wave of layoffs and cancellations of highly development porojects, I wonder how high are the chances to see this series even being launched.
    Animation was apparently one area Zaslav plans to cut back on because the previous regime “overspent”. DC is gearing up for a “Legion of Four Worlds” story after Dark Crisis per Bleeding Cool so I’m not sure if the Bendisboot is sticking around. Johns would definitely want his Retroboot team back. All the same expect any Legion adaption to look to Bendis when it comes to certain aspects however, such as diversity. For now I’m rooting for this to get made.

Animation was apparently one area Zaslav plans to cut back on because the previous regime “overspent”. DC is gearing up for a “Legion of Four Worlds” story after Dark Crisis per Bleeding Cool so I’m not sure if the Bendisboot is sticking around. Johns would definitely want his Retroboot team back. All the same expect any Legion adaption to look to Bendis when it comes to certain aspects however, such as diversity. For now I’m rooting for this to get made.
    I'm curious to see what the Supergirl and Legion animated film will do, although I think they'll go for something closer to what YJ did design-wise for the Legion.