Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Teenagers on an adult oriented series. Yes, that is going to work so well.
    Well, Euphoria has been pretty popular.

I think it will depend how they develop the story.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-13-2022 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Teenagers on an adult oriented series. Yes, that is going to work so well.
    I like his teen characters and he said it would be aiming to be more akin to Star Trek in terms of maturity. If it gets greenlit I’m sure the execs will want it to basically be their own take on Invincible with the son of the most premiere hero finding his way with a team
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Part of me thinks this is Bendis' way of trying to cement his vision for the Legion because he knows that when he no longer has power over the Legion, his version will be retconned. As we have had 5 or 6 versions of the Legion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That surprises me (especially since no one is talking about that book) but I guess you put the JL and vs together and maybe that helped ?
    Barely anyone is talking about Cates’ Hulk run but that is apparently selling very well. Sometimes the discourse doesn’t line up with the sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Part of me thinks this is Bendis' way of trying to cement his vision for the Legion because he knows that when he no longer has power of the Legion, his version will be retconned. As we have had 5 or 6 versions of the Legion at this point.
    I think his vision is already cemented truth be told. I can’t ever see a return to the lily white Legions of the past, especially when the DCUO game already adapted his Legion and it looks like YJ adapted his Legion designs as well given Lightning Lad looked black. But if an animated Legion show were to adapt his take yes, that would help ensure its survival. I guess Johns might bring back one of the older Legions or at least recanonize them given his “Legion of Four Worlds” tease over in Flashpoint Beyond, but unless Johns actually writes a goddamn Legion run I don’t see the Bendis Legion going away. It does what any adaption would’ve done anyway in diversifying the Legion. Only question is if the tie to Jon Kent will hold which an adaption of Bendis’ run would help cement.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Barely anyone is talking about Cates’ Hulk run but that is apparently selling very well. Sometimes the discourse doesn’t line up with the sales.
    Well, Cates sells better than Bendis now .
    I think his vision is already cemented truth be told. I can’t ever see a return to the lily white Legions of the past, especially when the DCUO game already adapted his Legion and it looks like YJ adapted his Legion designs as well given Lightning Lad looked black. But if an animated Legion show were to adapt his take yes, that would help ensure its survival. I guess Johns might bring back one of the older Legions or at least recanonize them given his “Legion of Four Worlds” tease over in Flashpoint Beyond, but unless Johns actually writes a goddamn Legion run I don’t see the Bendis Legion going away. It does what any adaption would’ve done anyway in diversifying the Legion. Only question is if the tie to Jon Kent will hold which an adaption of Bendis’ run would help cement.
    We didn't even see Lightning Lad outside a silhouetted flashback.

None of the other Legionnaires looked much like their Sook designs. They made Phantom Girl look more alien, but she still looked more like herself than the Sook redesign. If anything it was more like a more serious take on their designs from the 2003 cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Cates sells better than Bendis now .

We didn't even see Lightning Lad outside a silhouetted flashback.

None of the other Legionnaires looked much like their Sook designs. They made Phantom Girl look more alien, but she still looked more like herself than the Sook redesign. If anything it was more like a more serious take on their designs from the 2003 cartoon.
    Weisman has already changed the race of various lesser known DC characters, and even some major ones with the Zods, I don’t think he’d have any qualms about adapting Bendis’ Legion race changes. His LL’s silhouette looked similar to the Bendis/Sook take to me anyway.

Weisman has already changed the race of various lesser known DC characters, and even some major ones with the Zods, I don’t think he’d have any qualms about adapting Bendis’ Legion race changes. His LL’s silhouette looked similar to the Bendis/Sook take to me anyway.
    Yeah, but he didn't seem beholden to that take so I think even if they diversified the Legion or made them more alien they would have still adhered more to their traditional comic looks.

(Phantom Girl should've had a cape).

...when did the Zods show up in YJ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...when did the Zods show up in YJ?
    Most recent season. They were the final bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Most recent season. They were the final bosses
    Need to catch up then, I was right after that weird Klarion vs another Lord of Chaos story arc.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I find that really hard to believe honestly. I know DC doesn't have many non batman books anyways right now, but this says more about the lackluster state of DC books than it does what Bendis is doing.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I find that really hard to believe honestly. I know DC doesn't have many non batman books anyways right now, but this says more about the lackluster state of DC books than it does what Bendis is doing.
    It's believable. Have you not seen Comichron? https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2022-07.html Just look at what people are buying currently. Plus, have not seen the line-up? Very small. So, a JL vs LOSH selling is very believable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Need to catch up then, I was right after that weird Klarion vs another Lord of Chaos story arc.
    That's he same season. IIRC they went on a mid season break after that arc