Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

So I guess the Legion maybe by way of YJ and the DC Animated Movies.

Great. It really doesn't matter which version they go with, LoSH just needs some exposure at this point. Even in animation we don't get the whole team anymore, just one or two of them teaming up with the JL. They really need screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess the Legion maybe by way of YJ and the DC Animated Movies.

It’s a bit weird because the show is still in the scripting stage, and hasn’t even been greenlit. Maybe it’s for another LoSH project? But 2023 is supposed to be a three part CoIE adaption, which wouldn’t really leave room for another movie let alone a Legion movie which I’m skeptical would get greenlit. Still I figured I’d share the info regardless.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a bit weird because the show is still in the scripting stage, and hasn’t even been greenlit. Maybe it’s for another LoSH project? But 2023 is supposed to be a three part CoIE adaption, which wouldn’t really leave room for another movie let alone a Legion movie which I’m skeptical would get greenlit. Still I figured I’d share the info regardless.
    Just googled that COIE thing, sounds like a cool idea but I am a bit dissappointed the current animated universe will likely get put on hold for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just googled that COIE thing, sounds like a cool idea but I am a bit dissappointed the current animated universe will likely get put on hold for that.
    I'm kind of the opposite, the current universe started out strong with MoT, but lost me hard when they butchered TLH. As much as I hated the old DCAMU at times, it never ruined one of my favorite stories and killed my dreams of seeing said story done great in animation. Just...I'd like to see them kill off Tomorrow-verse as violently as they did the old one and bring the old one roaring back to life for doing TLH dirty like that.

Supposedly it will be every animated incarnation of the DCU teaming up, so the Tomorrowverse JL should at least be involved, but it is weird how the first “JL” story for the Tomorrowverse will be them participating in CoIE of all storylines lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm kind of the opposite, the current universe started out strong with MoT, but lost me hard when they butchered TLH. As much as I hated the old DCAMU at times, it never ruined one of my favorite stories and killed my dreams of seeing said story done great in animation. Just...I'd like to see them kill off Tomorrow-verse as violently as they did the old one and bring the old one roaring back to life for doing TLH dirty like that.
    That's understandable, I personally thought the last halloween movies were some of the best DC movies we've gotten in years, animation or otherwise.

That's understandable, I personally thought the last halloween movies were some of the best DC movies we've gotten in years, animation or otherwise.
    I keep hearing that, but I just don't understand it. The art style is serviceable and nothing more (I hate how flat it is), the pacing is off, Ackles' Batman voice is just his normal voice and a half remembered growl peppered oddly throughout, and the radical changes were unnecessary. I just wanted the comic I read brought to the screen. Watch Year One or Dark Knight Returns, and how devoted they were to bringing the page to life, then look at this and tell me that the same love and care went into it. Honestly it kinda felt like a movie made by people who had problems with The Long Halloween for people who had problems with The Long Halloween.

Was it an improvement to their average less than stellar run of recent years? Sure. But it's not what I ever wanted for this story, and now I know that I will never, ever get a Dark Knight Returns level of adaptation of this story. To me, I can't enjoy this movie because as a faithful adaptation of my favorite Batman story, it fails far short, and worse, it was made intentionally to fall short - they never actually wanted to bring the page to life, just cherry pick from the general theme with their own spin and surprises to "keep you guessing."

I don't care that I am the only soul on earth who isn't happy with that - I'm just not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Supposedly it will be every animated incarnation of the DCU teaming up, so the Tomorrowverse JL should at least be involved, but it is weird how the first “JL” story for the Tomorrowverse will be them participating in CoIE of all storylines lol.
    I wonder if they'll bring back the Tucker-verse somehow even though the Tomorrow-verse is supposed to be the Flashpointed version of that universe (thought they never explicitly confirmed it).

Then you have to wonder if they'll use Crisis to change the continuity or grab stuff from other animated universes.

I wonder how accurate they'll try to stay to the comic storyline. Fleischer Supes or DCAU Supes for Earth-2 Superman? Will DCAU Supergirl and Flash die?
    I keep hearing that, but I just don't understand it. The art style is serviceable and nothing more (I hate how flat it is), the pacing is off, Ackles' Batman voice is just his normal voice and a half remembered growl peppered oddly throughout, and the radical changes were unnecessary. I just wanted the comic I read brought to the screen. Watch Year One or Dark Knight Returns, and how devoted they were to bringing the page to life, then look at this and tell me that the same love and care went into it. Honestly it kinda felt like a movie made by people who had problems with The Long Halloween for people who had problems with The Long Halloween.

Was it an improvement to their average less than stellar run of recent years? Sure. But it's not what I ever wanted for this story, and now I know that I will never, ever get a Dark Knight Returns level of adaptation of this story. To me, I can't enjoy this movie because as a faithful adaptation of my favorite Batman story, it fails far short, and worse, it was made intentionally to fall short - they never actually wanted to bring the page to life, just cherry pick from the general theme with their own spin and surprises to "keep you guessing."

I don't care that I am the only soul on earth who isn't happy with that - I'm just not.
    I know you don't want to get into another discussion about our differing opinions on the Long Halloween but even if you didn't enjoy it I still believe the creators wanted to do the story justice and bring it to the screen properly (not just "cherry pick") even if they made creative decisions you disagree with.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I can't believe they're about to do another damn Crisis (reboot considering this is Crisis on Infinite Earths) when the "Tomorrowverse" just started in 2020. Though i wasn't around, I wish DC animated movies went back to adapting comic book stories and doing original films, stand alone.

I know you don't want to get into another discussion about our differing opinions on the Long Halloween but even if you didn't enjoy it I still believe the creators wanted to do the story justice and bring it to the screen properly (not just "cherry pick") even if they made creative decisions you disagree with.
    Maybe, but I will just have to disagree. It never once felt like they cared or were interested in that while watching the product that they made. It very much felt the opposite. And if you're right and that was their intent, then I can't imagine a bigger failure in that regard. We're never going to agree on this one.

But wheeling this back on topic, I hope the art style for this show isn't flat like the new movies. It really just doesn't do anything for me at all. There's just no depth or charm to it. I'd honestly rather see a Teen Titans GO take than see the Legion rendered in such a dull, lifeless style. But what I really want is to see something new and unique from what we've seen them do in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I can't believe they're about to do another damn Crisis (reboot considering this is Crisis on Infinite Earths) when the "Tomorrowverse" just started in 2020. Though i wasn't around, I wish DC animated movies went back to adapting comic book stories and doing original films, stand alone.
    God I've wanted that so much ever since Justice League War. I would also like the budgets to return to what they once were, but that isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    They're still doing those, though.
    Maybe, but I will just have to disagree. It never once felt like they cared or were interested in that while watching the product that they made. It very much felt the opposite. And if you're right and that was their intent, then I can't imagine a bigger failure in that regard. We're never going to agree on this one.
    That's the sense and vibe I got from reading interviews and watching it myself, but obviously if you didn't enjoy it then I don't think the creators intentions would probably make a difference.

Although I do have my suspicions about the Injustice movie.
    But wheeling this back on topic, I hope the art style for this show isn't flat like the new movies. It really just doesn't do anything for me at all. There's just no depth or charm to it. I'd honestly rather see a Teen Titans GO take than see the Legion rendered in such a dull, lifeless style. But what I really want is to see something new and unique from what we've seen them do in the past.
    I don't think it'll look like the Tomorrow-verse. If anything it'd probably look like YJ but with the Ryan Sook designs (which I dislike, but c'est la vie).

Whatever the case it'll probably look better than last few 2D Marvel cartoons. Now those looked flat.

They're still doing those, though.

That's the sense and vibe I got from reading interviews and watching it myself, but obviously if you didn't enjoy it then I don't think the creators intentions would probably make a difference.

Although I do have my suspicions about the Injustice movie.
    I still haven't seen the Injustice movie, but ugly as **** art style and voice direction alone I fully support the idea that was made by people who hate Injustice and wanted to do injustice to it and fans of it. And the petty glee people had here that it was so bad was just disgusting. I get that a lot of us hate the game for making Superman a fascist villain to make Batman look cool, but wishing for things to suck as a big "**** you" to the fans of it is just shameless trolling.

I don't think it'll look like the Tomorrow-verse. If anything it'd probably look like YJ but with the Ryan Sook designs (which I dislike, but c'est la vie).

Whatever the case it'll probably look better than last few 2D Marvel cartoons. Now those looked flat.
    I like the YJ and Tucker-verse art style (even if I'm the only one who does here), so that is good.
    I don't know what the Ryan Sook designs look like. The only thing I've heard against the Bendis era redesigns have been about race bending certain characters.