Extraordinary Member

Default Green Goblin (Dafoe) vs Iron Man (MCU)

Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin, with his full load out, takes on MCU Iron Man.

Tony's in the same conditions that he was as of the end of the First Iron Man movie, IE the Mark III suit with the old Arc Reactor
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 12-27-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin, with his full load out, takes on MCU Iron Man.

Tony's in the same conditions that he was as of the end of the First Iron Man movie, IE the Mark II suit with the old Arc Reactor
    That armor still has repulsors, "tank missile" and autotargetting mini missile things that hit harder than bullets with perfect accuracy, in addition to masssively better speed and mobility than Gobby, durability to tank shots from artillery and suffer no harm getting hit by a fighter jet at supersonic speeds. Gobby wants no part of that fight. The limit with the old arc reactor is time in that suit, I don't think that Tony will need that much time.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Autotargetting stuff alone is a hard sell for Goblin winning here.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Maybe quibbling but the Mark II armor is the silver one.

The Mark III is the red-gold one that Tony used at the end of the film albeit with a less effective ARC reactor to the point of running on smoke.

The fully loaded Mark III that was dogfighting F22s and walking off getting cratered by a tank? I agree Gobby wants no part of that, but it’s neither the Mark II nor strictly speaking the end of movie armor as mentioned in the OP.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Maybe quibbling but the Mark II armor is the silver one.

The Mark III is the red-gold one that Tony used at the end of the film albeit with a less effective ARC reactor to the point of running on smoke.

The fully loaded Mark III that was dogfighting F22s and walking off getting cratered by a tank? I agree Gobby wants no part of that, but it’s neither the Mark II nor strictly speaking the end of movie armor as mentioned in the OP.
    I meant to type Mark III, must have slipped

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I meant to type Mark III, must have slipped
    All good man, everyone seemed to know you meant Mark III anyway.

I figure Tony’s best bet in this condition is to grab Osborne and start flying with the intent of Seismic Tossing him into the ground. Don’t recall him using TANK MISSILE during the end fight, but he did have the smart bullets operating. Whether that was PIS or compromised suit function I have no idea.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    All good man, everyone seemed to know you meant Mark III anyway.

I figure Tony’s best bet in this condition is to grab Osborne and start flying with the intent of Seismic Tossing him into the ground. Don’t recall him using TANK MISSILE during the end fight, but he did have the smart bullets operating. Whether that was PIS or compromised suit function I have no idea.
    How much time is there between the Gulmira fight and the final battle? He might not have had the time to replace it