Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The art was absolutely stunning...but man, the dialogue and narration killed it for me. In the present the dialogue just felt like it was trying too hard to capture how teens talk and came off feeling empty, and the future was trying too hard to sound alien and futuristic that it just felt wooden. This definitely feels like a story where Sharp needed a co-writer, he has a cool idea for King Arthur in space but he just felt like he was falling into sophomoric writing traps that a more experienced writer would have avoided. Writer/Artists are rare for a reason as the skills truly are different.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

"My comic would piss people off. It would be a convoluted mess of info dumps, footnotes and sidebars, drawn in random artsy styles, and designed to confuse even the most ardent Morrison fan."

Can't say that Sharp is not self-aware.

Edit: But I think he is wrong, last issue does connect to some earlier issues pretty well and you get a pretty decent picture of what is going on.
    Last edited by HsssH; 12-15-2022 at 01:49 AM.