Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like Gail Simone could be an interesting choice. No idea if it could evet happen.
    Simone wrote a JLA Classified arc with art by José Luiz Garcia-López called the Hypothetical Woman, years ago. I found it quite good. Of couse, I could have been dazed by the awsome JLGL art.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Simone wrote a JLA Classified arc with art by José Luiz Garcia-López called the Hypothetical Woman, years ago. I found it quite good. Of couse, I could have been dazed by the awsome JLGL art.

Peace
    Cool. I'll check it out.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I've just about given up on the main book; give me Ram V and Kyle Hotz on a nice, long JL Dark series and I'll be happy.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've just about given up on the main book; give me Ram V and Kyle Hotz on a nice, long JL Dark series and I'll be happy.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Warren Ellis supported by Jim Lee or Phil Jimenez. I recall Ellis and Jimenez were ALL KINDS OF MAGICAL on X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I second Al Ewing and Johnathan Hickman, but of writers currently at DC; KSD, Ram V, or John Ridley. Brandon Thomas if it is allowed to be a run with a newer generation of heroes.
    Pretty much exactly my thoughts. Al Ewing and artist Dan Mora are basically the two creators I almost always name drop for any hypothetical project, and Hickman gets my vote for basically any big, high concept title. Of the DC writers you listed Ridley would be my first choice, depending on the pitch, but I would also be pretty intrigued by what PKJ (Last God, current Action Comics) could do with the League.

I'll drop Gene Yang too. He did Superman Smashes the Klan, one of the best Superman stories to ever be put to print. Then followed it up with one of the most fun Batman-Superman arcs ever. If he's got a JLA story in him, I'm there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather the ongoing be cancelled and the book retooled as a series of minis by different teams each doing a six to twelve issue story.

As for talent, I'd agree with wanting to see Hickman. I'd also like to see a Mark Russell story.
    Russell could be good. And I agree about the League. Or rather, I agree about the Big 7. I feel like the Big 7 all getting together should be a big deal, an Event unto itself. A threat large enough to bring all of those guys together should be special, and rare.

I kind of wonder if the big names shouldn't split up among DC's teams. Have them still get along and be friends, just working in different offices, so to speak. That way you could keep a JLA monthly on the stands (with a slightly adjusted roster) and then do the big team up mini Event with the Big 7 every year or two.

Doubt it would be as profitable as the monthly, Big 7 League title (at least with the market as it stands). But I think creatively it'd be a lot more fun and true to the spirit of what the League is meant to be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner.
    With covers by Steve Rude.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Ram V. Christopher Priest. Gail Simone. Brad Meltzer. Jeff Parker.

I am totally on board with letting the JLA ongoing drop off and replace it with ongoing limited series by specific creators.

Williamson as writer
    Alternating art teams led by pencillers Jim Lee, Dan Mora and Phil Jimenez.