Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

I read it as more of a concern that mutants with their growing power and influence will destabilize the system… or “space” really, as she refers to it. I believe she’s talking about the broader galaxy or perhaps all of the universe and not just the solar system. Though she wants to make the Sol System a player and basically admits she used the mutants to do that. But now it seems she’s concerned they will screw things up and needs them off the board or at least out of her way as she seizes control.

But maybe I misread it. I’ll have to go back and re-read now.

Funny enough if Iceman and magneto somehow join the arrako council that would give storm a third of the votes if they vote with her. She has two and they each have one which would bring their vote count to 4.

On a completely off topic note why am I just realizing all of the omegas except jean are single.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funny enough if Iceman and magneto somehow join the arrako council that would give storm a third of the votes if they vote with her. She has two and they each have one which would bring their vote count to 4.

On a completely off topic note why am I just realizing all of the omegas except jean are single.
    Because if more omegas had committed relationships, more omegas might have kids, and that would threaten the Summers Kidnapped and/or Time Traveling Baby Monopoly.

LOL no but I'm kinda serious, on a similar off topic note I've kinda noticed for a long time (especially after Incoming) that for all that Marvel makes a big deal about omegas, and HoX/PoX even basically said that Moira and Xavier specifically sought out partners they were confident they could create omega mutant offspring with.....its kinda weird that all of the mad scientists and prophecies in the X-books focus....JUST on Scott and Jean and their family. That never made sense to me. I half want to see Tarn comment on that in X-Men Red and be like, huh, that seems oddly shortsighted of that loser Sinister. Luckily, I'm not a dumbass. (I'm so here for Tarn and Sinister having this passive aggressive rivalry back and forth because they can't go after each other directly because Tarn gave his word after Ororo beat him in combat for going after Sinister once, and Sinister well....is scared of Tarn).

Also, I'm kinda hoping to see this sorta thing followed up on in X-Men Red due to Storm, Magneto and Bobby being there....because Inferno and the main X-Men title have everyone focused on the threats of post-humans, Orchis, and the machines, but we know from Moira's ninth life that Sinister is one of the biggest potential threats due to his betrayal in Moira's ninth life being what led to the fall of Krakoa then. It additionally made a big deal about how all of that stemmed from the chimeras Sinister made from just omega mutant DNA, specifically engineered TO fail and bring about the fall of Krakoa. And we also know from Incoming that Sinister has the DNA of all Krakoan omegas except for Legion (if he counts as Krakoan, same as Mercator who Sinister also doesn't have), AND he has the DNA of Tarn now....and he's already experimenting ahead of schedule with both chimeras AND making hybrids with omega DNA via a clone of himself with Tarn's powers.

And in Moira's ninth life, all of this was said to happen on Mars initially, where Sinister did a lot of his work away from potentially prying Krakoan eyes. Now, I'm fairly certain in the ninth life Arakko hadn't been brought back from Amenth, which has already changed a lot, but given all of that set up, X-Men Red would be a PERFECT place to explore this subplot of Sinister's experiments and the threat they might pose.

Literally all you have to do is have Tarn (who I can't imagine NOT figuring out some way to spy on Sinister and what he's up to) dropping a few hints in the ears of the X-Men Red team like 'do you know what Sinister is doing with your DNA right now, hmm?' And just kinda setting them on Sinister's trail and sitting back to see what unfolds from that. Because Sinister has screwed with Storm, Magneto and Bobby and enough of their loved ones SPECIFICALLY....enough that the three of them in particular would be less than pleased to find him mucking around with potential civilization-ending projects and using their DNA to do it.

(Also, jwatson, I kinda do expect X-Men Red to lead to at least one more Krakoan on the Arakki council.....I'm sorta thinking the Night seat members are going to come out of obscurity and make their presence known because they're unhappy with the alliance with Krakoans and think they're making the Arakkii weak or will lead to some unwelcome fate for them.....and have them try to tear down Storm's leadership, with another Krakoan omega challenging them for their Night seat in order to cut off their political power and give Storm some backup on the Ring. Admittedly, Magneto is the logical choice here and that might be another behind the scenes reason Marvel's having him quit the Quiet Council, to free him up from direct conflicts of interest if that happens, but the Iceman stan in me AND the fan of wtf plot twists kinda would love for it to be Bobby, getting himself WAY in over his head and not actually even expecting to be able to beat the Night seat member and pulling off a dark horse defeat that blindsides everyone.....because just IMAGINE the followup and fallout from that. Bobby's like....wait, that means....I have to help RULE MARS NOW? Like, lead an entire PLANET? NOBODY TOLD ME I'D HAVE TO DO THAT OMG IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW SOMEBODY GIVE ME A PAPERBAG TO BREATHE INTO IM HYPERVENTILATING. And everyone's like....Bobby....literally that's WHY you challenged that dude, the whole POINT was so that this would happen. And he's like YEAH BUT LITERALLY WHO THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO WIN?!?!)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Because if more omegas had committed relationships, more omegas might have kids, and that would threaten the Summers Kidnapped and/or Time Traveling Baby Monopoly.

LOL no but I'm kinda serious, on a similar off topic note I've kinda noticed for a long time (especially after Incoming) that for all that Marvel makes a big deal about omegas, and HoX/PoX even basically said that Moira and Xavier specifically sought out partners they were confident they could create omega mutant offspring with.....its kinda weird that all of the mad scientists and prophecies in the X-books focus....JUST on Scott and Jean and their family. That never made sense to me. I half want to see Tarn comment on that in X-Men Red and be like, huh, that seems oddly shortsighted of that loser Sinister. Luckily, I'm not a dumbass. (I'm so here for Tarn and Sinister having this passive aggressive rivalry back and forth because they can't go after each other directly because Tarn gave his word after Ororo beat him in combat for going after Sinister once, and Sinister well....is scared of Tarn).

Also, I'm kinda hoping to see this sorta thing followed up on in X-Men Red due to Storm, Magneto and Bobby being there....because Inferno and the main X-Men title have everyone focused on the threats of post-humans, Orchis, and the machines, but we know from Moira's ninth life that Sinister is one of the biggest potential threats due to his betrayal in Moira's ninth life being what led to the fall of Krakoa then. It additionally made a big deal about how all of that stemmed from the chimeras Sinister made from just omega mutant DNA, specifically engineered TO fail and bring about the fall of Krakoa. And we also know from Incoming that Sinister has the DNA of all Krakoan omegas except for Legion (if he counts as Krakoan, same as Mercator who Sinister also doesn't have), AND he has the DNA of Tarn now....and he's already experimenting ahead of schedule with both chimeras AND making hybrids with omega DNA via a clone of himself with Tarn's powers.

And in Moira's ninth life, all of this was said to happen on Mars initially, where Sinister did a lot of his work away from potentially prying Krakoan eyes. Now, I'm fairly certain in the ninth life Arakko hadn't been brought back from Amenth, which has already changed a lot, but given all of that set up, X-Men Red would be a PERFECT place to explore this subplot of Sinister's experiments and the threat they might pose.

Literally all you have to do is have Tarn (who I can't imagine NOT figuring out some way to spy on Sinister and what he's up to) dropping a few hints in the ears of the X-Men Red team like 'do you know what Sinister is doing with your DNA right now, hmm?' And just kinda setting them on Sinister's trail and sitting back to see what unfolds from that. Because Sinister has screwed with Storm, Magneto and Bobby and enough of their loved ones SPECIFICALLY....enough that the three of them in particular would be less than pleased to find him mucking around with potential civilization-ending projects and using their DNA to do it.

(Also, jwatson, I kinda do expect X-Men Red to lead to at least one more Krakoan on the Arakki council.....I'm sorta thinking the Night seat members are going to come out of obscurity and make their presence known because they're unhappy with the alliance with Krakoans and think they're making the Arakkii weak or will lead to some unwelcome fate for them.....and have them try to tear down Storm's leadership, with another Krakoan omega challenging them for their Night seat in order to cut off their political power and give Storm some backup on the Ring. Admittedly, Magneto is the logical choice here and that might be another behind the scenes reason Marvel's having him quit the Quiet Council, to free him up from direct conflicts of interest if that happens, but the Iceman stan in me AND the fan of wtf plot twists kinda would love for it to be Bobby, getting himself WAY in over his head and not actually even expecting to be able to beat the Night seat member and pulling off a dark horse defeat that blindsides everyone.....because just IMAGINE the followup and fallout from that. Bobby's like....wait, that means....I have to help RULE MARS NOW? Like, lead an entire PLANET? NOBODY TOLD ME I'D HAVE TO DO THAT OMG IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW SOMEBODY GIVE ME A PAPERBAG TO BREATHE INTO IM HYPERVENTILATING. And everyone's like....Bobby....literally that's WHY you challenged that dude, the whole POINT was so that this would happen. And he's like YEAH BUT LITERALLY WHO THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO WIN?!?!)
    I would buy that book a million times over to see Bobby's fight and post win melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean the first issue pretty much had her say "Yeah I'm technically a mutant but don't let that fool you, my loyalty is to the solar system." Which I don't think that contradicts her past characterization more so it just contradicts people's perception of her past characterization.
    that's what bothers me I find it easy for Al Ewing to make him say that (at each issue lol) to justify that betrayal.
    wanting the system for her didn't surprise me it's part of that past characterization, I can understand that the solar system is a priority but ally with orchis and help them kill mutants after having protected them for years just to to have the sol it is not very coherent and credible I find.
    especially since orchids are really dangerous for the solar system which doesn't seem to worry brand by the way, can't call it being faithful to the solar system by allying with them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I read it as more of a concern that mutants with their growing power and influence will destabilize the system… or “space” really, as she refers to it. I believe she’s talking about the broader galaxy or perhaps all of the universe and not just the solar system. Though she wants to make the Sol System a player and basically admits she used the mutants to do that. But now it seems she’s concerned they will screw things up and needs them off the board or at least out of her way as she seizes control.

But maybe I misread it. IÂ’ll have to go back and re-read now.
    yes me too I have trouble understanding the reasons, she only wants the ground, she is afraid of them and their influence? (it seems to me that she is worried about the arakki) she really wants to kill all the mutants with orchis or only manipulate them both to be quiet then to set up the rest of his plan?
    if it is the fear which pushes her to betray the mutants and to want to kill them it is extreme I find and not coherent because for the moment the mutants are not a danger and especially orchis does the same thing, they have mercury and venus who serves as their factory as a sentinel as well as a city it seems to me, a space station with solar beam as a weapon that can burn anything on a planet and abigail brand does not seem concerned with them nor even to think that they destabilize and are a more serious threat to the system, not to mention their anti mutant racism (and anti alien i think?) she says she has no problem with orchis but with krakoa yes not very logical you surprise me that they win in house of x / power of x lol.
    she may change her mind when she knows the real plan of karima and orchis or if she learns for moira.
    Last edited by mugen; 01-02-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

The first part about them searching out Omegas even by going so far as to finding mates for themselves really does have to make one wonder how far they were willing to go to get as many of the omega's to sign on to krakoa as possible. I think one of the most sinister things about xavier knowing all of Moira's lives is it does open the question that each mutant he met at a pivotal moment would he really have done right by them or was he trying to steer them toward Krakoa. Xavier also has a habit of trying to contain omegas. Storm told she is not a goddess, Jean has too much power and had a mental block put on her something in essence is wrong if we now thing of the act that these powers are suppose to be gifts, Bobby to some degree as well was trained to live a life of restraint. Those three in particular Xavier has ran across several times in their lives, most notably Jean and Storm he both met as little girls when they were arguably most in need, Jean/Anne and Storm/Shadowking.

It also never made much sense to me sinister would try to limit himself to just the summers/grey dna either but i pretty much just chalk it up to the man being obsessed but whereas Sinister is guided by obsession Tarn does seem to be guided by judgement and power. As far as the chimeras it looks like it may be happening but in reverse as since in life 9 Arrako most likely did not happen and it was still mars or some colonies now that it is a planet and one that Tarn lives on i think sinister would be too afraid to confront him again based on the events of hellions and it looks like Sinister is already starting his Chimera program given the image of multiple mutant genes he was looking at but perhaps the reverse which would make this more of a problem for gillien's immortal xmen which i feel would be a better way to go because SWORD already has so much story and potential to delve into without sinister and the chimeras. It would be great if Tarn drops the info and Storm brings it to the council in immortal i know a preview said all the respective councils had big choices to make.

We are practically of the same mind on your last paragraph. lmao. Like i see it just like that but i want them both to take a seat. They need a spy in as many of the council sections as possible because one thing we have seen even on the krakoa council, these groups on the council do work with each other or let each other get away with things so i could see bobby ending up there and despite maybe not having any history leading ending up doing a good job. Perhaps he can hold a council seat and also be storm's champion in the arena so she herself doesn't have to fight often. That is far too distracting with what we now know of Brand and makes perfect sense why she was "happy" storm spent more time respecting arrako culture rather than evolving it. I hope iceman and storm both find their footing in Xmen red and they both imo need Magneto right now.

Bobby is use to being the funny guy and Storm is use to being the altruistic goddess. A goddess and Queen can be similar but a queen can never be just altruistic.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-03-2022 at 01:56 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just because Omegas have babies doesn't mean their offspring will be omega. Iceman could have a baby that just has a ice arm and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Just because Omegas have babies doesn't mean their offspring will be omega. Iceman could have a baby that just has a ice arm and nothing else
    This too is true and more true than we know. At most two Omegas will probably make children that have a whole bunch of alpha level powers by mating. There are compatible alphas that could perhaps produce omegas but in almost every last omega case they are the child of a low level mutant/human, alpha mutant/low level mutant/ human/human with magical potential or predominantly human parents and so one. which actually makes sense if you look at sinisters failed attempt at omega chimeras. Evolution is lonely for the omegas.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Thinking about it further if we can't get like a wiccan or scarlet witch on X-men Red then a character like Madelyne would fit perfect. You have cable, her son, you have storm who despite the vote against her resurrection in hellion (which was same for wanda and like then i still think was not a personal decision but the "right" one for mutants despite her being wrong in the end so perhaps madelyne can prove people wrong). Also with her history with the demonic it would not be that crazy to tie Amenth to Madelyne and her demon possession and she wouldn't flinch at an arrako mutant. She could be like Storm's chief mage or council on magic. I think maddie would welcome a place and a voice.

Then again there is just so much on arrako to mind. Like one would think Nightcrawler would want to put in an appearance questioning a mutant civilization on community and religion and what worked and didn't work for them before going full steam with the spark thing.

Bishop could easily open Academy X on Arrako for joint exercises.

Or just like random mutants, we know the law of arrako is outside the diplomatic ring you are subject to their laws but wouldn't just as many mutants want to start over on Arrako as those clamoring to head to Otherworld.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-03-2022 at 06:16 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.