Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    That's why some people say that for all the hype around the Omega title, if the plot demands you fail then you will fail.

On the other hand, doesn't Magneto have a history of burning out his body by over taxing his powers?

I'd also toss out the thought of why the don't just have someone like Jamie remove the station from existence.
    More like burning out his powers from trying too hard. His body can't take certain strains. His two biggest feats the celestial and the break world bullet almost killed him. He started to bleed from his nose and almost had his brain liquified from the strain.

Also yeah I get it but why send him though? For plot? Because the guy needed an entire mutant circuit to amp his powers not even his body and he still died/failed. So the inadequacy is his power not just his body.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I mean like, if they're really so terrified of the threat of Orchis and Nimrod, it really doesn't make sense that they haven't attempted the most obvious solution.....make a circuit of all their omega mutants and just nerf the station out of existence. If they can terraform an entire planet together, I don't see what Orchis could possibly do to stand against that, so its kinda.....plot convenient that they apparently have decided it makes more sense to just keep throwing X-Force at the problem ten times with the same damn lineup each time and not even once say like...hey, if even one omega isn't enough to get the job done, like Kid Omega or Magneto.....what if....we used more than one omega at a time....since, y'know, we've got like a dozen of them.

Like, it really doesn't work imo to hype up omega mutants as much as they have been but still act like Orchis and Nimrod could withstand a combined assault from Magneto, Storm, Vulcan, Iceman, Hope, Proteus, Kid Omega, Jean and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So much for Omega level mutants having an undefinable upper limit, huh? Lol
    That's the thing this seems like a magneto only problem. I have never seen an omega nearly liquify their brain from because they have reached their limit. No omega experiences this from performing grand cosmic feats. Infact just last week in sword issue storm was having a nose bleed when she was created air pressure strong enough to takeout an army of lethal legion and kill frenzy (see frenzy durability feats to see why that's insane) and the reason she got the nose bleed wasn't because of the fact that she reach some limit like magneto but rather because she was straining herself holding back her own power. Ie. She is soo powerful holding back gives her nosebleeds the opposite of what magneto experiences, he gets aneurysms from pushing himself to the limit and then needs an entire mutant circuit just to enhance his "omega powers" of magnetism only to fail again! And I am like Damm. Magneto is serious getting thrown under the bus infact the only times he has done a planetary+ feat without getting amped or melting his brain was planet sized xmen when he threw the iron into the core and stirred it, I guess mars being kinda smaller than earth helps.

But as a magneto fan that data page kinda sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah I mean like, if they're really so terrified of the threat of Orchis and Nimrod, it really doesn't make sense that they haven't attempted the most obvious solution.....make a circuit of all their omega mutants and just nerf the station out of existence. If they can terraform an entire planet together, I don't see what Orchis could possibly do to stand against that, so its kinda.....plot convenient that they apparently have decided it makes more sense to just keep throwing X-Force at the problem ten times with the same damn lineup each time and not even once say like...hey, if even one omega isn't enough to get the job done, like Kid Omega or Magneto.....what if....we used more than one omega at a time....since, y'know, we've got like a dozen of them.

Like, it really doesn't work imo to hype up omega mutants as much as they have been but still act like Orchis and Nimrod could withstand a combined assault from Magneto, Storm, Vulcan, Iceman, Hope, Proteus, Kid Omega, Jean and more.
    In truth I think one omega can easily do this if they put their mind to it like Vulcan can just rob the entire station of energy no problem or bobby can freeze the entire station on a molecular level or the reality warpers can just erase it. But I guess because of plot. But taking magneto and kid omega one who is a telepath the other an omega known for burning them selves out when doing the big feats is kinda a plot contrivance when you have omega level Mutant who can chanel the power of an entire galactic core without breaking a sweat. The energy of a single Dyson forge won't overcome them because the can literally chanel the power of millions of stars easily and a Dyson forge's energy is just one star's energy.

That's why writer's love and simultaneously hate omegas they are bad and conviniet for plot.
    Last edited by Reigna; 12-26-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Meh. They can't really have Omega mutants's power really be without limit... how could they be threatened?

If Magneto's power were really without limit he could erase Orchis's Forge by making the electromagnetic bonds between its atoms to cease to exist. He could pluck a moon-sized ball of plasma from the sun and hurl it against the Forge. Or he could hurl one of Mars's moons against it...
    That's the thing the forge is designed to handle to total energy of the sun it would only take power greater than the sun to overcome it power that some omegas have easily demonstrated in the past to be able to wield Jean has channeled enough power to be able to fight four silver surfers at once, Vulcan has channeled the energy of an alternate reality a nexus reality mind you, Strom has manipulated an entire galactic core at once and the energy of an entire dimension with ease, Jaime has transcended to manipulate the white hot room itself. Like literally these four have demonstrated that they have more than enough raw power that scales far above a single sun/ star. And we haven't gotten to legion even. But sending magneto who literally struggles with just planetary level feats without being amped is kinda dumb, when amped he is then able to do planetary level things with ease. he won't be able to overcome the energy of a single Dyson sphere as much I would love him to. but hey the plot demands that.

I hope it was part of a plan and that my man magneto didn't go through those two embarrassing encounters for nothing.
    Last edited by Reigna; 12-26-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    That's the thing the forge is designed to handle to total energy of the sun it would only take power greater than the sun to overcome it power that some omegas have easily demonstrated in the past to be able to wield Jean has channeled enough power to be able to fight four silver surfers at once, Vulcan has channeled the energy of an alternate reality a nexus reality mind you, Strom has manipulated an entire galactic core at once and the energy of an entire dimension with ease, Jaime has transcended to manipulate the white hot room itself. Like literally these four have demonstrated that they have more than enough raw power that scales far above a single sun/ star. And we haven't gotten to legion even. But sending magneto who literally struggles with just planetary level feats without being amped is kinda dumb, when amped he is then able to do planetary level things with ease. he won't be able to overcome the energy of a single Dyson sphere as much I would love him to. but hey the plot demands that.

I hope it was part of a plan and that my man magneto didn't go through those two embarrassing encounters for nothing.
    Subliminally is right though it's just plot contrivance all day long..there are plenty of examples, you perhaps know Storm's powers better than myself ,but she just stood gazing as Phobos was falling into Mars ,without doing anything, as it was Nightcrawlers time to save the day. Jean an Omega telepath and powerful telekinetic (and KidO in tow) was lacerated and stabbed to death by Logan without even trying to prevent a killer blow with either tk or expelling Pale girl's control from his head using her Uber powerful telepathy..I mean she can trounce Nightmare but Pale girl is unique like that. It's super frustrating but this is unlikely to change.

Astonishing Member

Emma’s threat to Wanda really falls flat in the face of A) the fact that Wanda had already shown how little corporal death was a hinderance to her and B) Beast’s unmitigated stupidity has already given the game away to Orchis and Xeno

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Subliminally is right though it's just plot contrivance all day long..there are plenty of examples, you perhaps know Storm's powers better than myself ,but she just stood gazing as Phobos was falling into Mars ,without doing anything, as it was Nightcrawlers time to save the day. Jean an Omega telepath and powerful telekinetic (and KidO in tow) was lacerated and stabbed to death by Logan without even trying to prevent a killer blow with either tk or expelling Pale girl's control from his head using her Uber powerful telepathy..I mean she can trounce Nightmare but Pale girl is unique like that. It's super frustrating but this is unlikely to change.
    Ikr it's soo dumb but for the story and stakes to work there must be plot inconsistencies. Like sending one of the omega levels who literally has never overcome the power of a literal star. Orchis is the most interesting antagonistic plot point allowing them to impose some threat that is better for the story

I'm still on sending Jamie up there with Hope and Elixir and just let him finish the job once and for all. He could turn the entire damn station into cotton candy or something ridiculous like that.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Ultimate Member

I'm still on sending Jamie up there with Hope and Elixir and just let him finish the job once and for all. He could turn the entire damn station into cotton candy or something ridiculous like that.
    Yeah, the list of ways the various Omega mutants could single-handedly destroy the Orchis Forge is kinda wild. Even a few alphas should be able to do it. Someone like Wiz Kid or Madison Jeffries might very well be able to make half of the station turn into a giant robot and punch the other half to death before leaping into the sun. It would be a credible threat if the station was on Earth, surrounded by a human city full of civilians and therefore not something that Krakoa can just have Storm or Magneto or Exodus or Vulcan raze to the ground. But out there in space, where nobody will even see the mutants attacking it?

Cyclops just has to do some math and look at it. He can do that *from the moon.* It's not like all the atmosphere between the Forge and the moon is going to attenuate or degrade his blast, because *there isn't any.* Pure force, baby. Punch a hole right through it and push the wreckage into the sun.

Exactly send a reality warper and erase them.... Like it's right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, the list of ways the various Omega mutants could single-handedly destroy the Orchis Forge is kinda wild. Even a few alphas should be able to do it. Someone like Wiz Kid or Madison Jeffries might very well be able to make half of the station turn into a giant robot and punch the other half to death before leaping into the sun. It would be a credible threat if the station was on Earth, surrounded by a human city full of civilians and therefore not something that Krakoa can just have Storm or Magneto or Exodus or Vulcan raze to the ground. But out there in space, where nobody will even see the mutants attacking it?

Cyclops just has to do some math and look at it. He can do that *from the moon.* It's not like all the atmosphere between the Forge and the moon is going to attenuate or degrade his blast, because *there isn't any.* Pure force, baby. Punch a hole right through it and push the wreckage into the sun.
    The problem is the energy of the forge. From the data page they have a Dyson sphere and that thing channels the total power of the sun. Magneto failed because he couldn't overpower the Dyson's energies which makes sense because Erik even struggles with planet wide feats let alone the sun!

But there are at least a handful of krakoan omega mutants that have been able to channel raw power equal to multiple suns Vulcan, storm, Jaime, legion and Jean (pink form with pheonix energy). These five have the capacity to overpower the dyson sphere singlehandedly if need be. A circuit of the right alpha mutants can also do the trick forge's black hole bomb took out a huge chunk of the station already, wizkid has no known limit to the type of tech he can control him with power ampers can surely overcome or at least hack the Dyson sphere. Hope is also on call as she can keep amping herself up to get the job done.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

How did Northstar's baby die of AIDS and/or how is she a mutant if mutants are immune to AIDS? Nurse Annie wants to know.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    How did Northstar's baby die of AIDS and/or how is she a mutant if mutants are immune to AIDS? Nurse Annie wants to know.
    An easy answer would be that they're only immune after their X-Gene has been activated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post

Could they buff Magneto by killing him off and bringing him back in a younger body.