Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Just think now that this is done & post Inferno we'll just have 3 months of Wolverine.
    It’s very nice of them to schedule the worthwhile parts of the line around my hibernation schedule.

So a thought just occurred to me. It was a spell of Wanda’s that basically broke the Magnus family back in AXIS by the fact that it would only strike those who were Wanda’s family and here another reaffirms it by allowing Wanda to complete it in a place that Magneto’s child was needed for. I wonder if that was an intentional book ends or if it was a coincidence.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Holdup… that’s kind of a squad. Suddenly more excited for that mini.

The X-Office is sick for that.
    They should go find Sauron, Nature Girl, and Curse. Join the real Revolution.

Just a daily reminder Wanda can be Magneto's daughter without being a mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Just a daily reminder Wanda can be Magneto's daughter without being a mutant
    Yes, he carries recessive Neanderthal genes. Anya, Luna.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Just don’t read what you don’t like. Especially now that Hickman is gone and there’s no Head of X, I don’t think the books are all working towards some grand conclusion. I’m certainly taking the pressure off myself to keep up with the whole line.
    Fair enough, and I am not dismissing your advice. Following everything is definitely not what I intend to do. My worry is more that all it takes is some wonky story like this to just rip apart something or throw in something so unbelievable that it impacts, even inadvertently, a story or element that I was enjoying. Not that I have liked the resurrection idea at all (and I am sure Hickman had another plan) and one could argue that this process is more what it should have been (more of an astral net to catch souls) but it is just feels like a complete 180 that was not asked for.

I do have a question about where are they getting the DNA for these, and also what actually does this accomplish because I do not feel they were very far in getting through the original 16 million candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So a thought just occurred to me. It was a spell of Wanda’s that basically broke the Magnus family back in AXIS by the fact that it would only strike those who were Wanda’s family and here another reaffirms it by allowing Wanda to complete it in a place that Magneto’s child was needed for. I wonder if that was an intentional book ends or if it was a coincidence.
    We already knew Wanda was not a mutant back in House of M. She was his non-mutant daughter even then.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Fair enough, and I am not dismissing your advice. Following everything is definitely not what I intend to do. My worry is more that all it takes is some wonky story like this to just rip apart something or throw in something so unbelievable that it impacts, even inadvertently, a story or element that I was enjoying. Not that I have liked the resurrection idea at all (and I am sure Hickman had another plan) and one could argue that this process is more what it should have been (more of an astral net to catch souls) but it is just feels like a complete 180 that was not asked for.

I do have a question about where are they getting the DNA for these, and also what actually does this accomplish because I do not feel they were very far in getting through the original 16 million candidates.
    I guess the point would be wanda secured 20 million additional mutant souls that would have never been retrieved or given a second chance (thinking of the two kids from the mangeto story that were killed on the playground) so by that process wanda did more than break even. so she saved 20 times more than she depowered and 4 million more than were lost on genosha, at least.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Man you must have not been on this board too long cause the amount of whiners and complainers calling Krakoa and the mutants a death cult for the crucible has been so annoying lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I guess the point would be wanda secured 20 million additional mutant souls that would have never been retrieved or given a second chance (thinking of the two kids from the mangeto story that were killed on the playground) so by that process wanda did more than break even. so she saved 20 times more than she depowered and 4 million more than were lost on genosha.
    she depowered mutants on a multiversial level so no not even but it was a good thing

Fantastic Member

So, I'm guessing that Toad voluntarily took the fall, because it seems like the whole conspiracy was happening just between Magneto and Wanda initially, and altering Toad's mind would involve roping in a telepath. Or I guess Wanda can alter minds herself? I'm never clear on that. The book really should have made it clear - a scene with Magneto appealing to Toad to play the role of scapegoat would have explained things and actually treated Toad like a character, not a plot device. Either way, an innocent man stuck in the Pit at the end makes it hard to enjoy all the mutants now praising "Wanda the Redeemer." Hey, that's great. Get Toad out of the Pit.

Nice to see Thunderbird finally come back, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    So, I'm guessing that Toad voluntarily took the fall, because it seems like the whole conspiracy was happening just between Magneto and Wanda initially, and altering Toad's mind would involve roping in a telepath. Or I guess Wanda can alter minds herself? I'm never clear on that. The book really should have made it clear - a scene with Magneto appealing to Toad to play the role of scapegoat would have explained things and actually treated Toad like a character, not a plot device. Either way, an innocent man stuck in the Pit at the end makes it hard to enjoy all the mutants now praising "Wanda the Redeemer." Hey, that's great. Get Toad out of the Pit.

Nice to see Thunderbird finally come back, though!
    I do not understand why Prodigy didn’t see through the lie. All he ever had to do to know who the killer was is to stand next to Wanda or Magneto.

The mini was a mess but I’m just relived that Wanda’s spell worked fine and I hope this means she is going to be left alone once and for all. Be free Wanda.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Welcome to the 80s were PC didn't exist.
    Actually, Northstar came out in the 90's. And for what it's worth, the 80's were a lot more PC in a lot ways than things are now. For instance, a major political party would have not outwardly, often enthusiastically supported insurrectionists, racists, or White Supremacists like many of them do now. That Critical Race theory bs would have been political suicide even in the Southern states. However, Gay-bashing was prevalent, just watch a bunch of movies and sitcoms from that time period, and misogyny was rampant.

It's great that they are resurrecting John Proudstar and like many of you, I hope they actually use him outside of being wallpaper/background character. While ANAD was progressive in a lot of ways, Storm was basically a token minority on the new team. Almost immediately, they killed off Thunderbird and Sunfire was a straight up douchebag and left the team. In addition to Storm being "different", Nightcrawler was an oddball and Colossus was a sympathetic and quite popular citizen from the USSR, which was "groundbreaking" in the middle of the Cold War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    The mini was a mess but I’m just relived that Wanda’s spell worked fine and I hope this means she is going to be left alone once and for all. Be free Wanda.
    She made a huge contribution to Krakoa. We will see her again in a positive way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I guess the point would be wanda secured 20 million additional mutant souls that would have never been retrieved or given a second chance (thinking of the two kids from the mangeto story that were killed on the playground) so by that process wanda did more than break even. so she saved 20 times more than she depowered and 4 million more than were lost on genosha, at least.
    I understand the idea behind trying to redeem Wanda and am not wading into whether that is believable or not. I am just rolling my eyes at the messiness I feel was caused by this story and what the impact will be on stories in other books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Man you must have not been on this board too long cause the amount of whiners and complainers calling Krakoa and the mutants a death cult for the crucible has been so annoying lol
    Oh, I've been through the trenches. That is just another example, though, because I do not see how adding 20 million more potential resurrections helps with the problem that crucible was trying to actually prevent.