Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Meh. They can't really have Omega mutants's power really be without limit... how could they be threatened?

If Magneto's power were really without limit he could erase Orchis's Forge by making the electromagnetic bonds between its atoms to cease to exist. He could pluck a moon-sized ball of plasma from the sun and hurl it against the Forge. Or he could hurl one of Mars's moons against it...
    Agreed or he could just have turn into separate molecules like he did with a celestial one time but I guess sometimes Characters powers have to be turned down a little for the story to work, I donīt think it worked here because this happened in a data page, we were not shown the circunstances so we donīt know what happened there. I donīt mind Magneto dying on a mission but I would like for it to mean something more than to fill a data page.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-25-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Agreed, I liked that last issue because of it, them hugging was a nice touch, I just wish their confrontation in the previous issues was done better and more in line with their previous story. I hope Exodus and Lorna get more a chance to interact and Magneto and Exodus as well, I donīt think they have shared more than one word on this whole era and thatīs quite rare.

The House of M as they are now calling them in story has felt less like a house and more like a set of characters doing their own thing and occasionally scratching each other. This was the first issue since very early Hickman that they had even the vibe of being a unit of any kind.

Some of that is the set ups fault because they weren’t set up like a faction that can squabble, but have a coherent goal like making Krakoa a success. This was the first issue in two years where it felt like they had somewhat of a common goal. It’s probably the last one in awhile too, but hopefully not too long. Exodus certainly would be part of the extended support structure of any House of M sort of faction.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The House of M as they are now calling them in story has felt less like a house and more like a set of characters doing their own thing and occasionally scratching each other. This was the first issue since very early Hickman that they had even the vibe of being a unit of any kind.
    Yes some writers are interested in doing a story of HoM as a political entity to Krakoa and mutantkind but unless they are given green light, I think we mostly will see them do their own thing for the next phase and I donīt think itīs bad either, I like to see them do their thing but if marvel does want to stablish them as a family and a political entity then they will have to make a bigger effort but I get the sense marvel still doesnīt know what to do with them. They know they are popular but they donīt know how to tackle that yet so I guess time will tell.

Some of that is the set ups fault because they weren’t set up like a faction that can squabble, but have a coherent goal like making Krakoa a success. This was the first issue in two years where it felt like they had somewhat of a common goal. It’s probably the last one in awhile too, but hopefully not too long. Exodus certainly would be part of the extended support structure of any House of M sort of faction.
    I guess we are going to see what take Gillen has with Exodus when it comes to them, because heīs been both an ally and an antagonist to them at different times so we will see what will it be in the first issue of Inmortal X-men.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Exodus took it really well, I didn't think he would turn 180 degrees on Wanda so easily

Yes some writers are interested in doing a story of HoM as a political entity to Krakoa and mutantkind but unless they are given green light, I think we mostly will see them do their own thing for the next phase and I donīt think itīs bad either, I like to see them do their thing but if marvel does want to stablish them as a family and a political entity then they will have to make a bigger effort but I get the sense marvel still doesnīt know what to do with them. They know they are popular but they donīt know how to tackle that yet so I guess time will tell.
    True. They aren’t a House if they aren’t also a political entity with an overarching goal. The Frost’s have been acting much more as a House. This was the first issue like I said since early Hickman it even felt like the HoM had anything like a common goal or interest with Krakoa.

The family in the House of M universe almost always felt like a house even when they are fighting because they have the overarching goal of ordering the affairs of the world in the background like any of the political families in Game of Thrones.

I guess we are going to see what take Gillen has with Exodus when it comes to them, because heīs been both an ally and an antagonist to them at different times so we will see what will it be in the first issue of Inmortal X-men.
    Exodus doesn’t have to agree with Magnus to be in the role of a knight of a house. It’s about how he responds to the overarching political goal of the mutant homeland. A disenchanted or wayward knight is still a knight.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-25-2021 at 03:23 PM.

True. They aren’t a House if they aren’t also a political entity with an overarching goal. The Frost’s have been acting much more as a House. This was the first issue like I said since early Hickman it even felt like the HoM had anything like a common goal or interest with Krakoa.
    Exactly

The family in the House of M universe almost always felt like a house even when they are fighting because they have the overarching goal of ordering the affairs of the world in the background like any of the political families in Game of Thrones.
    I agree they have the potential to be this but so far marvel has not shown interest in writting them this way. I would like to see Lorna have adventures on her own before marvel shows her having a similar goal with Magneto when it comes to Krakoa. Both can be done of course but itīs harder when they are living on different places but now that Magneto is leaving the QC and Lorna is going on vacations on the X-men, I hope this means they are going to work together for a mini or a new title, maybe have a confrontation with High Evolutionary.

Exodus doesn’t have to agree with Magnus to be in the role of a knight of a house. It’s about how he responds to the overarching political goal of the mutant homeland. A disenchanted or wayward knight is still a knight.
    I agree this dynamic could be quite interesting. Hope Gillen takes note of this, because Magneto leaving the QC seems to be a main plot point for Inmortal X-men so my guess is that we are going to see Exodus react to it but still try to create on Krakoa his povs on how it should be.

I agree they have the potential to be this but so far marvel has not shown interest in writting them this way. I would like to see Lorna have adventures on her own before marvel shows her having a similar goal with Magneto when it comes to Krakoa. Both can be done of course but itīs harder when they are living on different places but now that Magneto is leaving the QC and Lorna is going on vacations on the X-men, I hope this means they are going to work together for a mini or a new title, maybe have a confrontation with High Evolutionary.
    A successful building of a House dynamic would hold and feel in effect even if Lorna is on the X-Men and Magneto is on the QC or off God knows where. It’s felt in effect for instance for the Frost’s when Esme was on Cable and Emma on Marauders.

Playing it coy about Lorna’s views and motivations (other then coffee) has made a similar dynamic impossible.

I agree this dynamic could be quite interesting. Hope Gillen takes note of this, because Magneto leaving the QC seems to be a main plot point for Inmortal X-men so my guess is that we are going to see Exodus react to it but still try to create on Krakoa his povs on how it should be.
    I suspect Magneto is leaving in large part because he crowds out Exodus when they are on panel together for decisions.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-25-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    WandaVision has made Wanda very popular as a character and the show won two Emmys, 23 nominations, won Golden Globes, etc.

Things have changed.
    Yeah, took only over 15 years, and they still decided to wait a while even after WandaVision became popular to fix Wanda.

Better late than never and all, but still, so late lol.

It's about time Marvel decided to fix things up with Wanda, but that didn't erase how they half assed for so damn long lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Meh. They can't really have Omega mutants's power really be without limit... how could they be threatened?

If Magneto's power were really without limit he could erase Orchis's Forge by making the electromagnetic bonds between its atoms to cease to exist. He could pluck a moon-sized ball of plasma from the sun and hurl it against the Forge. Or he could hurl one of Mars's moons against it...
    I know, just funny to have that description then, have datalogs making Magneto not look impressive lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I would so be down for an HOM series, Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Polaris, Wiccan, Luna etc.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, took only over 15 years, and they still decided to wait a while even after WandaVision became popular to fix Wanda.

Better late than never and all, but still, so late lol.

It's about time Marvel decided to fix things up with Wanda, but that didn't erase how they half assed for so damn long lol.

I know, just funny to have that description then, have datalogs making Magneto not look impressive lol.
    Bendis and Quesada meant to permanently destroy Wanda with HOM. But the Disney buyout, plus WandaVision made Wanda very popular and these days Kevin Feige has creative control at Marvel. I’m happy they FINALLY fixed Wanda and brought her home to Krakoa.

A successful building of a House dynamic would hold and feel in effect even if Lorna is on the X-Men and Magneto is on the QC or off God knows where. It’s felt in effect for instance for the Frost’s when Esme was on Cable and Emma on Marauders.

Playing it coy about Lorna’s views and motivations (other then coffee) has made a similar dynamic impossible.
    I agree but itīs something that can be corrected, we just need to see more of them having personal meetings together or even a mission before going on to do their own thing but yes, first we need to see how they see themselves and HoM on Krakoa. I guess we will get some answers soon.

I suspect Magneto is leaving in large part because he crowds out Exodus when they are on panel together for decisions.
    Yes, I think you are right, Exodus and Magneto can definitely co-exist but we probably wonīt get much about his povs until Magneto is somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I would so be down for an HOM series, Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Polaris, Wiccan, Luna etc.
    Yes this would be nice

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Wiccan needs to be ditched. He's basically unnecessary baggage and really doesn't have a role to play in things as was shown here.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Welcome to the 80s THE REASON
    PC exists.
    There I fixed it for you because that story line was as much hateful garbage then as it would be hateful garbage now.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Bendis and Quesada meant to permanently destroy Wanda with HOM. But the Disney buyout, plus WandaVision made Wanda very popular and these days Kevin Feige has creative control at Marvel.
    Honestly? I doubt Bendis even had the intention to fuck over Wanda, 'cause I once compared what Bendis did to Wanda is what DiDio tried to do with Dick, but, someone in this forum pointed out that Bendis was likely just using Wanda as a means to an end, and reading HoM, it can feel that way, 'cause she's barely a character there, just a plot device.

Quesada, I'm not sure he cares that much either, at worst, I can see him not wanting her to undo Decimation, since he wanted mutants to be deranged and all, but, she also felt like a means to an for him too.

Those are just theories of mine of course, but Quesada at the time had specific things he wanted to do, and most note-worthy was getting rid of marriages, lowering the number of mutants and doing big crossovers around, Wanda has nothing in either of these categories and was only used for two of those as a plot device, and Bendis, felt like his usual callousness when he screws over a character he doesn't care about, and Marvel also wanted to get rid of some classic Avengers to make way for New Avengers.

And honestly, it can feel worse if I'm right about this, two guys just used Wanda to achieve something specific, destroying her character for years, and maybe not even having the intention to do so, or caring about it either way.

I’m happy they FINALLY fixed Wanda and brought her home to Krakoa.
    I would says she's a better fit with the Avengers since she was mostly involved 'em, but uh, they're being written by Jason Aaron right now, so maybe later .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Recently I have become Reacquainted with a You-Tuber and Reviewer that I enjoy allot Blerd Without Fear!

But I Really got to know and Enjoy him not for Reviewing, but how he broke down each issue and built up the Lore to the story being told. Honestly I consider myself more of a Fan of Lore to any Comic or Pop Culture product then how the issue was reviewed, so Blerd was a Reviewer right up my ally and Honestly he is one of, if not the Best I have seen in this field of Lore in Comics so far.

I have viewed others tubers that are good since, but just his House & Powers of X Lore Reviews are simply Amazing and I Highly Suggest them to any fan wanting good breakdowns of each issue of that Amazing series!

He has also been Following and Lore Reviewing Trial of Magneto as well and his Review of Issue #5 Recently came out.

As Always it is Well Done and I feel he gives the Most Interesting Explanations by the end of the Video too of why this series might have been called Trial of Magneto as well, I Highly Suggest Fans to watch this video below of Issue 5 and catch his reviews of the other 4 Issues as well!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!