Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im confused but did they retcon Wanda's paternity? Is Magneto just her father in spirit but not in biology?
    We still don't know who Wanda's biological father is, but as far as her own magic is concerned her father is Magneto regardless of if they are biologically related.

Lots of harsh critics in here. Im no Leah Williams fan at all but I think she did a decent job of landing the plane, all things considered. I liked that she wrapped up Wanda's arc within the current era as I didnt expect to see Exodus and the kids at the end

Im confused but did they retcon Wanda's paternity? Is Magneto just her father in spirit but not in biology?
    Honestly that didn't really feel addressed to me one way or the other and was basically put in a situation of it's whatever you want to believe. If she was in cerebro she must be a mutant but she herself said in the issue "but i'm not a mutant" on the flip the paternity one could think well if she was reborn then the dna must be connected to magneto but it is never directly addressed leaving it completely open to "whatever you want to believe."

edit: even the magic thing which is addressed above, Wanda goes i'm not a mutant but she never acknowledges not being magneto daughter.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Honestly the execution could have been a lot better, this had a lot of extraneous stuff in it that should have been moved out for things like Pietro and more X-Factor/Polaris especially. We did not need the Kaiju.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lots of harsh critics in here. Im no Leah Williams fan at all but I think she did a decent job of landing the plane, all things considered. I liked that she wrapped up Wanda's arc within the current era as I didnt expect to see Exodus and the kids at the end

I like to think they are teasing to set up for more of this the Family development for any future series that I hope will happen, they just had to finish this arc and tease to set up the next.

I like your landing the plane view of how the story ended, nice post!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

This should have been built as a proper murder mystery. Then all that space wasted on filler like the kaiju fight and Avengers shenanigans could have been used for things like the questioning of suspects, which would have allowed us to get the perspective of characters affected by M-day who would have reason to hold a grudge against Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    If only for the Jason Aaron portrayal of Toad...where he also betrayed them but learned from it, this makes little sense. The fact that he has been in the shadows since House of X makes this stink even more...This series was a HUGE let down imo
    Leah did a good enough job, but using Toad in such a Throwaway manner...honestly, having it be Peppers makes more sense since he had more page time on Krakoa and had made his loyalty to Magneto clear. Toad really is not loyal to Magneto in the the same way.
    Toad is the hero we all need

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly the execution could have been a lot better, this had a lot of extraneous stuff in it that should have been moved out for things like Pietro and more X-Factor/Polaris especially. We did not need the Kaiju.
    I quit when the Kaiju showed up as it didn’t feel like they had any confidence in the strength of the story they were telling at all. Generating big monsters for the heroes to punch is very seldom not padding.

I feel stupid for thinking that the Kaiju's she summoned were going to become guardians of Krakoa xD

Spectacular Member

Eh decent issue, series overall was so all over the place it seriously made me lose some faith in Leah as a writer. Additionally, what tf did Emma do in that council meeting scene? I though she took Scarlet witch’s memory of resurrection away but that wouldn’t make any sense in the context of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This should have been built as a proper murder mystery. Then all that space wasted on filler like the kaiju fight and Avengers shenanigans could have been used for things like the questioning of suspects, which would have allowed us to get the perspective of characters affected by M-day who would have reason to hold a grudge against Wanda.
    I’m rolling my eyes so hard cause this is such a simple solution that would have greatly increased the quality of the book but the people who get paid to write and edit this couldn’t come up with it.

I was expecting something awful when I was reading twitter comments yesterday. But having read the issue its like those didn't even read the issue

This waa a great ending could have been 3 issues though

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    We still don't know who Wanda's biological father is, but as far as her own magic is concerned her father is Magneto regardless of if they are biologically related.
    First magic said he wasn’t, now magic says he is. Are we gonna have to get Maury onto Krakoa to give us an actual answer?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Did I miss something because I am completely confused.

I thought Wanda is NOT the daughter of Magneto and NOT a mutant so why did she call Mag father and Polaris call he a mutant?

Why did Wanda have to die in order to cast the spell to resurrect mutants?

What's with Northstar adopted daughter?

I am glad that Proudstar is back but I thought he was resurrected earlier in Necrosha?
    At the beginning of the story Mags said he still considers Wanda his daughter. So I think they are going for that instead of the biological stuff. That way they can do what they want with the characters but still have some connection.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    First magic said he wasn’t, now magic says he is. Are we gonna have to get Maury onto Krakoa to give us an actual answer?
    Chaos magic can be what ever you want it to be

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Bleeding Cool has said there will a Scarlet Witch series. Probably they want to use the slaves in tbe series fo complete the twins restoration to mutants. This issue was more about Wanda reestablishing relations with the mutan community.
    The series is likely to put Wanda more in line with the MCU. Seeing as the whole redemption was heavily mandated to do that very thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.