Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Ah looks like series was trash. Oh well at least New Mutants is still good.

They had a Gay man's daughter die of Aids? Back in the 80's? That seems very poor taste.....

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    And Wanda allowed it... ouch!

Unless Xavier is in the conspiration, and sending Toad to the Pit was a show for the Avengers?
    Xavier is show wondering later "How is all this possible?", sounds like he wasn't involved.

Also why the hell is that kept a secret from the other council members? It was a plan to get the other mutants resurrected, and while it's the kind of shady shit they wouldn't want the Avengers to know about, that is definitely something QC should know lol

Oh well, poor Toad, he went into the Pit 'cause of bad writing...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Biologically speaking she's not, but the implication is that emotionally they still are family. No one calls her a mutant. In fact they do the opposite.

But during the magic circle thing, Polaris did tell Wanda that only a mutant can cast the spell so is she a mutant now?

I am really confused with this issue but you cleared some of it.

So they made Toad take the fall for Wanda faking her death because they assumed Krakoan's wouldn't agree to their idea, but even after it all works out they don't just come clean about it?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    But during the magic circle thing, Polaris did tell Wanda that only a mutant can cast the spell so is she a mutant now?

I am really confused with this issue but you cleared some of it.
    Wanda says that not Polaris. Wanda says "But I'm not a mutant" and then Polaris assures her she's just as much of Magneto's daughter as she is.

A resounding meh from me. The ending was better than the story overall, but I still feel like editorial meddling and Marvel wanting to have it both ways took a lot of the weight out of it. So the twins aren't Magneto's kids, except they are, but not really, but yes really? What was the point of that instead of just re-establishing him as their father and adding Wanda into the Krakoan pantheon in a less convoluted way? Maybe I read it wrong, but she literally says "I'm not a mutant" and then immediately participates in a mutant power circuit.

Happy she was able to redeem herself but it was sloppily done. Oh well, at least it's over.

Pietro's descent into irrelevance is just hysterical to me am I the only one?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    So they made Toad take the fall for Wanda faking her death because they assumed Krakoan's wouldn't agree to their idea, but even after it all works out they don't just come clean about it?

A scene of them letting him out would've been nice. This way it leaves a sour taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They had a Gay man's daughter die of Aids? Back in the 80's? That seems very poor taste.....
    Welcome to the 80s were PC didn't exist.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Ok this seems meh, here I thought people want to get rid of resurrection protocols and all we got is the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Wanda already bonded with Polaris as sisters when Pietro was in the same team with Polaris in (I think) Astronishing X-Men.
    It was an X-Factor run that included Gambit and Cypher. The "sisters" bonded for one issue but Polaris was very hesitant. I think they left that unresolved and then came Axis.

As a side note this feel like when a white person comes to the inner city in a movie and becomes the great white hope. A non-mutant came in and saved the day. Whatever.

This entire series had so many ups and downs - one of the downs for me is Marvel doubling down on their non-mutant status and non blood relation (just like DC did with some of their New 52 mistakes - cause god forbid they admit they were wrong) but after the 3rd-4th issue it became clear that was most likely going to be the case but was holding out for some kind of olive branch. This was not the way to do it, but its their call. I'm just over the whole House of M cash grab and done with the these characters for awhile. I need a break.

Incredible Member

so was there really no follow up to wandas body, tommy and kyle in the first issue with the vines?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Ok this seems meh, here I thought people want to get rid of resurrection and all we got is the whole package
    The protocols are here to stay.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The protocols are here to stay.
    Sure why should we care about stakes anyway
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-22-2021 at 08:29 AM.